Training Pre-Season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

There are already "field position" rules.

I think a nice clean delineation that allows defenders to defend would be fine.
Apart from the centre bounce 6-6-6 rule what are these ‘field position’ rules?
I would be very surprised most would accept players deliberately kicking the ball out of bounds in their defensive 50 arc just because they panic or aren’t good enough to win the ball.

At least the Black Knight gave up eventually.
ill-bite-ya-gif.1200206

Apart from the centre bounce 6-6-6 rule what are these ‘field position’ rules?
I would be very surprised most would accept players deliberately kicking the ball out of bounds in their defensive 50 arc just because they panic or aren’t good enough to win the ball.

• You get 30 seconds to have a shot on goal
  • there is a dot on the ground you need to stay behind when the opposition are kicking in from a behind
  • you set the mark at the 9 when a mark / free inside the 9.

Anyway, it was a useful way to clear the defensive 50m for many years and it didn’t turn the game into a manic race to kick for touch. I don’t see the huge problem with it being part of the defence’s arsenal.

• You get 30 seconds to have a shot on goal
  • there is a dot on the ground you need to stay behind when the opposition are kicking in from a behind
  • you set the mark at the 9 when a mark / free inside the 9.

Anyway, it was a useful way to clear the defensive 50m for many years and it didn’t turn the game into a manic race to kick for touch. I don’t see the huge problem with it being part of the defence’s arsenal.
The 30 second rule isn’t exclusive to the forward 50 metre arc.
Kick-ins is a stoppage play bringing the ball back in. where would you have the opposition stand, right at the 9 metre line?
Never agreed with setting the mark/ free straight out in front of goals if taken in the goal square. Pretty sure it’s also for defenders as well.

Having players deliberately kick for the boundary in the defensive 50 will slow and congest the game. A lot of times it’s open and a great spectacle to see the one on one battles. When there’s a throw-in you have 20 + guys around and it takes a while to clear or the umpire will pick a free to clear it leading to supporters screaming at him.

Out of all the rule changes over the years the deliberate out of bounds is one of the better ones.

Here we go

Remember they stream exclusively on the website/app with no cast option (unless it changes this year).

Most likely the best option for a tv is to play the stream in Chrome on a laptop and cast from Chrome itself.

Instructions,

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remember they stream exclusively on the website/app with no cast option (unless it changes this year).

Most likely the best option for a tv is to play the stream in Chrome on a laptop and cast from Chrome itself.

Instructions,

They usually put it up on YouTube within a day or so as well, for those who weren't able to catch the stream on the club website. The YouTube video isn't live though.

Wouldn't be putting too much emphasis on who's in the A or B team at this point, it would be more a competitive "balance" aspect to indidual players.
Exactly ... and especially putting Pedlar as the #1 Mid against the best we have

Smart as it fast tracks his development

Remove this Banner Ad

Back