A Section Premier Division 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only notable name I see in the Clearances for Trinity is Xavier Fry. He was a Vermont lad who is on Coburgs list, if it’s the same one.
Briza/Doug/Hair appears to be referencing a Hun article that tries to link those schools to the St.Kevins matter du jour. Based on that article, to suggest Xavier is in the s**t is one of Doug's more impressive leaps in illogic. God love him.

$600 a game instead of a $120+k salary? Of course he'd laugh it off.

What I find most interesting are the players that come to ammo's initially to get a good job but then take off to chase some cash after a year or two but still manage to hold onto their jobs.

Not sure why the sponsors would keep them on but I guess it speaks more to the individual than the club/sponsor.

I reckon there'd be a few from the panthers that'd fit that bill.
Would like to be at the unfair dismissal hearing to hear both points of view.

The only notable name I see in the Clearances for Trinity is Xavier Fry. He was a Vermont lad who is on Coburgs list, if it’s the same one.

There is a couple other notable ones I have heard of coming through:
Josh Smith: Gippy Power NAB League
Daniel Standford: OM's
Nick Coughlan: Werribee VFL (Ex St
Ben Wharton: NEFAFL

Plus the return from injury of Weatherson & Nicolosi.

Schoenmakers body is stuffed, Crocker an average player now at this level, Richards had little impact in the Eastern League I’ve been reliably informed.

Noone on the other hand is a tough bugger, can seriously play but will be going up against blokes like Mirra, Bentick, Brown and co who have all played at the highest level.

Soccio I know little about but hasn’t played at VFL level so not a big recruit in this competition when you have blokes playing forward like Ayce, Payne, Waite, Boyd, Goddard etc.

Xavs are also coming from a long way back after their capitulation in the prelim to an undermanned SKOB outfit.
Soccio played a bit of footy at Box Hill & they've also signed Grant Valles.
They may not be world beaters but handy additions all the same.

Soccio played a bit of footy at Box Hill & they've also signed Grant Valles.
They may not be world beaters but handy additions all the same.

Xavs will be handy yet again. Noone is tough and will surprise a few in my view, he’s a very well rounded footballer.

I am very much looking forward to Collegians v SKOB in round 1.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Go Scotchies!

mBlGMSI.jpg

In other words, "We got humiliated in the grand final, have lost our two best players and are seriously on the nose with potential recruits. We fully expect to be back in B grade in 2021"
Rather negative read on it JJ.

I wouldn't expect Scotch to play a significant part in the scheme of things this year. However, I have a soft spot for teams that have a crack without taking the path of inducing players who have made a packet in the footy market place to their clubs. Particularly those who have no previous connection to the club. That's why I was so pleased to see Brahton do so well last year. Hope Scotch can be competitive too. For The Good Of The Game.

In other words, "We got humiliated in the grand final, have lost our two best players and are seriously on the nose with potential recruits. We fully expect to be back in B grade in 2021"

or perhaps we are not prepared to sacrifice the future of the club by getting into an arms race with SKOBS

I wouldn't expect Scotch to play a significant part in the scheme of things this year. However, I have a soft spot for teams that have a crack without taking the path of inducing players who have made a packet in the footy market place to their clubs. Particularly those who have no previous connection to the club. That's why I was so pleased to see Brahton do so well last year. Hope Scotch can be competitive too. For The Good Of The Game.
just an honest assessment AM. Nothing against them as a club but I think they will really struggle.

And they have never been shy about going after big name recruits. I’m sure they had a decent crack again but simply missed out to other clubs.

We play them in practice match in a few weeks so will be able to give a better account then.

Scotch will be relegated this season. That’s my prediction for the year.

just an honest assessment AM. Nothing against them as a club but I think they will really struggle.

And they have never been shy about going after big name recruits. I’m sure they had a decent crack again but simply missed out to other clubs.

We play them in practice match in a few weeks so will be able to give a better account then.
Understand it's merely an opinion JJ. That's fairly much the lifeblood of this romp.

In my experience the Cardinals have never been big on inducing foreigners. There was a year or two when the coach was from - I think - Box Hill and a couple followed him across, but other than that I think it's largely been return of the occasional favourite son. Certainly nothing like SKOB, Xavs or now the Wesleyans.

Not a big fan of shamateurism as you may have gathered. There, I've said it.

Understand it's merely an opinion JJ. That's fairly much the lifeblood of this romp.

In my experience the Cardinals have never been big on inducing foreigners. There was a year or two when the coach was from - I think - Box Hill and a couple followed him across, but other than that I think it's largely been return of the occasional favourite son. Certainly nothing like SKOB, Xavs or now the Wesleyans.

Not a big fan of shamateurism as you may have gathered. There, I've said it.
No doubt it has gone to a new level in recent years but in the early/middle parts of last decade no club was more active in attracting outside talent then Scotch. They had a stack of players from outside the school but for some reason few seemed to stay for long. Maybe they have reviewed that strategy as it got them nowhere.

Actually have a lot of time for Scotch. Despite their reputation as having the bluest of blue blood they never play the class card and I have always found them to be most hospitable. Just about my favourite ground to watch footy from as well. Having said that they will be in B grade in 2021.

No doubt it has gone to a new level in recent years but in the early/middle parts of last decade no club was more active in attracting outside talent then Scotch. They had a stack of players from outside the school but for some reason few seemed to stay for long. Maybe they have reviewed that strategy as it got them nowhere.

Actually have a lot of time for Scotch. Despite their reputation as having the bluest of blue blood they never play the class card and I have always found them to be most hospitable. Just about my favourite ground to watch footy from as well. Having said that they will be in B grade in 2021.
You'd have to refresh my memory on that one JJ. It's not my recollection. Apart from the time a coach from Box Hill brought across a few, as I've said. My recollection has been they are one club generally not in the foreign legion bizo.

You'd have to refresh my memory on that one JJ. It's not my recollection. Apart from the time a coach from Box Hill brought across a few, as I've said. My recollection has been they are one club generally not in the foreign legion bizo.
Off the top of my head and with no research I can name Houlihan, Gilbee, Passador, Ferraro, Neaves, Ronaldson, Routman, Larwill, Downie. All from the AFL, SANFL, other VAFA clubs or other comps that I am aware of that did not attend Scotch. I would throw in Ed Barlow but think he actually went to Scotch for a year or 2. Around 2011/12 I would actually suggest that Carey and Scotch had the most outsiders of any A grade clubs. Others of course went way past them.

I’m not actually there is anything at all wrong with that, nor that they were foreign legion but to suggest they recruited strictly from the school is not correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back