A Section Premier section 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s wondering why you aren’t talking up ya Skobbers Brian. Like you always have. Why frequent a site and not pump up your own team? Seems a little weird. You’ve always backed em with such passion in the past. Hope you haven’t had a fall out with the committee or anything like that..
Very tough week of tipping coming up. May have to wait till I see the teamsheets this time round

Current Hippbet Odds:

Skobbers $2.30 - Big Boyd love’s September.
Uni Blues $3.10 - Big names. Big Team
Xavs $6.00 - Great start to the year. Young school kids doing very well. Will they tire?

Hippbet will be putting out full odds on all 10 teams at the completion of Round 4. Get excited.

Cheers Hipp

With the NAB League (former TAC Cup) players coming back into the fold for a lot of clubs over the next 4 weeks I would love to see sides unleash a few of these young lads in the seniors. In particular, I would love to see Josh Sinn, who is draft age this year but finished school last year at Xavier, play for Old Xavs in the seniors this weekend against Uni Blues. Would be terrific to see how he copes against men.

It will be a genuine finals preview at Toorak Park this weekend.

With the NAB League (former TAC Cup) players coming back into the fold for a lot of clubs over the next 4 weeks I would love to see sides unleash a few of these young lads in the seniors. In particular, I would love to see Josh Sinn, who is draft age this year but finished school last year at Xavier, play for Old Xavs in the seniors this weekend against Uni Blues. Would be terrific to see how he copes against men.

It will be a genuine finals preview at Toorak Park this weekend.
Young Harrison Bell has kicked 24 goals in 3 games for the Xavs 19s as well. Apparently a bit of a cult hero down there. Hopefully gets a sniff at some stage.

“You may have a glorious one. But we have a Doug.”

45 /

He’s wondering why you aren’t talking up ya Skobbers Brian. Like you always have. Why frequent a site and not pump up your own team? Seems a little weird. You’ve always backed em with such passion in the past. Hope you haven’t had a fall out with the committee or anything like that..
Very tough week of tipping coming up. May have to wait till I see the teamsheets this time round

Current Hippbet Odds:

Skobbers $2.30 - Big Boyd love’s September.
Uni Blues $3.10 - Big names. Big Team
Xavs $6.00 - Great start to the year. Young school kids doing very well. Will they tire?

Hippbet will be putting out full odds on all 10 teams at the completion of Round 4. Get excited.

Cheers Hipp

Gee $6. Happy to take some of that considering the amount Xavs have to come in.

A new topic for all to comment on : How is your Club (s) going with injuries? A list as long as your arm or hardly any.
Be interested in feed back.

My club survived the seniors game without a single injury and 4 points on the weekend! The physios were a happy bunch post game too.

Meanwhile, our reserves finished the game with barely 18 fit players on the ground.

Clubs will be really tested for depth this season

My club survived the seniors game without a single injury and 4 points on the weekend! The physios were a happy bunch post game too.

Meanwhile, our reserves finished the game with barely 18 fit players on the ground.

Clubs will be really tested for depth this season

MO, I would check the team sheet for this sat. We weren't unscathed last sat.

MO, I would check the team sheet for this sat. We weren't unscathed last sat.

I have checked the team sheet and been informed by the powers to be that a lot of blokes have pulled up sore. Will be a new look Lions side this Saturday against the Tonners

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My tips for this weekend's round of football

SKOB
OMs
Old Brighton
Old Xaverians
Caulfield Grammarians
I'll 'ave these as well.

It seems things are all not well at Trinity, I'm hearing some off field people are calling for the incumbent coach's removal, that would make it five new coaches in three years at Marles playing fields.

I'll 'ave these as well.

It seems things are all not well at Trinity, I'm hearing some off field people are calling for the incumbent coach's removal, that would make it five new coaches in three years at Marles playing fields.

If true, the hedgeburners are clearly burning out their coaches.

Whispers around that there will be a couple in line to return in red and blue tomorrow going off the VAFA website.

Things I took away from Premier section:

From what I saw on replay and heard on the broadcast, Alex Fasolo is a genuine match winner who will turn games at this level in the space of 5 minutes like he did on the weekend. He is one to watch for the goalkicking.

Some Premier section sides seem to be struggling with injuries and depth at round 4, I am looking at St Bernards, Collegians, Uni Blues and Trinity in particular. Trinity apparently are running around with a lot of kids 21 and under in their senior side, which makes it hard to stay in games against sides with seasoned wily veterans. Collegians and Uni Blues were on the end of some drubbings in the reserves whilst I noted that Old Xavs had the luxury of playing Chopper Handley in the 2s yet again with Alex Browne and Sam Crocker for good measure! Depth is certainly not an issue at Toorak Park.

From the Collegians game, it was evident that Old Brighton are a very well drilled and skilled football side. The lions put up a terrific showing despite injuries and illness of key players to stay with the Tonners. There was a fair bit of pushing and shoving in this one as well, with a few spot fires and brawls throughout the game. The Lions had their chances and didn't convert, where as the Tonners made the most of their opportunities late in the game.

Harry Hill, again wearing number 71 rather than his customary number 4, after a quiet first half just kept working and willing himself to each contest and was superb in the second half. He is a terrific footballer who has resisted the lure of higher honours to play and captain his mates at Old Brighton. There is terrific buy in from a core group of young players that will keep the Tonners in A grade for many seasons to come and likely playing finals this year.

Jack Watts was back in the red and blue, this time for Old Brighton and he looks as though he has been in the gym and has a strong upper body that's for sure. He was well held by Collegians gun back Matt Warren during the game but Will Lewis was able to get off the chain a bit and kick 4 goals.

High praise from young Collegians star midfielder Josh Watson, the 18 year old kicked a terrific 50 metre left foot goal in the second quarter to ignite the Lions, was relentless all day at the footy, winning clearance after clearance. Several onlookers noted after the game that he looked to be the best 18 year old midfielder in the VAFA since Harry Hill was the same age.

Another note from the weekend, after a month of footy, it is pretty evident that the top 5 (Xavs, OMs, OB, SKOB and Blues) will be the top 5 come the end of the year. The remaining sides (St Bernards, Collegians, Caulfield, Scotch and Trinity) will be merely fighting to avoid the drop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back