Prediction Premiership 2016? (OP updated to add poll)

Will Sydney win the premiership in 2016?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

In my opinion, some of you need to get over 2014. It was awful, dreadful and (if you'd paid $300 for a ticket and were stuck behind a behind post:huh:) a rip off in more ways than one... but it's done and dusted, gone, over. The boys have picked themselves up, dusted themselves off and apologised to us.

Horse has rebuilt the team into an incredibly strong mix of youth and experience, with enough depth and ability that we can move players in and out, and not just due to injury, and still beat the pants of all but a few clubs. And those remaining clubs, we field our best 22, you can bet we are going to beat them.

This is 2016... We have Buddy, Tippet, Heeney, McVeigh, Mills, Rampe, Reg, and Smith, not to mention a midfield that includes Kennedy, Parker, Hannebury, Jack and Mitchell, with a whole supporting cast of depth waiting for the opportunity to play. And we have Horse! Whose overall game plan has seen us win the minor premiership! I'm not stupid, I know that any club can win on any given day, but our guys have given themselves (and us the supporters) the best possible chance to be winners...

Give it up and believe... the next four weeks will be a whole lot more fun

I'm not sure I'll ever get over 2014.

In my opinion, some of you need to get over 2014. It was awful, dreadful and (if you'd paid $300 for a ticket and were stuck behind a behind post:huh:) a rip off in more ways than one... but it's done and dusted, gone, over. The boys have picked themselves up, dusted themselves off and apologised to us.

Horse has rebuilt the team into an incredibly strong mix of youth and experience, with enough depth and ability that we can move players in and out, and not just due to injury, and still beat the pants of all but a few clubs. And those remaining clubs, we field our best 22, you can bet we are going to beat them.

This is 2016... We have Buddy, Tippet, Heeney, McVeigh, Mills, Rampe, Reg, and Smith, not to mention a midfield that includes Kennedy, Parker, Hannebury, Jack and Mitchell, with a whole supporting cast of depth waiting for the opportunity to play. And we have Horse! Whose overall game plan has seen us win the minor premiership! I'm not stupid, I know that any club can win on any given day, but our guys have given themselves (and us the supporters) the best possible chance to be winners...

2014 was abysmal and a joke

Lost to those arseholes
Im not getting over it

Each year is separate and i will enjoy each year on its merits

I'm not sure I'll ever get over 2014.

Sure you will... it was only one game, the big dance sure, but still only one game. They got stagefright and got trampled in the Hawthawn goldrush.

But it's done, its in the past like 1992/93 we lost 26 games in a row, won one, and then lost the following 10 or 12. It's footy, the bad times come around... maybe our next coach isn't as good as horse, or our new scouts aren't as good as the current ones, for whatever reason you like, their will be bad times ahead. By right now, we are brilliant! I go to each and every game expecting to win. Players want to play here, coaches & support staff want to work here. It's sensational all round!!!

Believe... if only so that when we win the next four in a row and are named team of the century, you can say 'I told you so'! :p

Lost to those arseholes
Im not getting over it

That's cool, all I'm saying is 2014 is gone. This year is nothing like it (except perhaps in a few statistics). Worrying that what happened in 2014 might happen again in 2016 just leaches all the joy out of it...

That's cool, all I'm saying is 2014 is gone. This year is nothing like it (except perhaps in a few statistics). Worrying that what happened in 2014 might happen again in 2016 just leaches all the joy out of it...

True, im not worried about it

Right now we are the best in this thing

I'm with Kath Turner on this one, time to get over 2014 folks. This is 2016 and we're in an even better shape. We should have wiped the floor with them in 2014, but we didn't. Now we have a chance to cement our own legacy and go for 3 in a row and be an even better and bigger club than those pissants who almost moved to Tasmania.

They apologise with a flag

They apologise with a flag

Really?? If they win the flag this year they're forgiven, but if they don't, well tough, they're still out in the cold... until such time as they do?

Each to their own, which is lucky really, cause I think that's a load of sh*t...

Really?? If they win the flag this year they're forgiven, but if they don't, well tough, they're still out in the cold... until such time as they do?

Each to their own, which is lucky really, cause I think that's a load of sh*t...

A bit tongue in cheek my comment was. Winning this year or another year will be awesome. Like some have suggested... The 2014 GF still burns deep

In all sport you just roll with the punches and enjoy the highs because one day you will be superstars and the next chumps. it just is. Nothing lasts

A bit tongue in cheek my comment was. Winning this year or another year will be awesome. Like some have suggested... The 2014 GF still burns deep
Oops! Sorry... got a bit carried away... :oops: It's just that they are doing so well and we keep dogging them with 2014.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Annoying we have to play at ANZ but I'm ok with facing GWS first up as they will give us a tough game which we need after basically playing against witches hats yesterday.

Lost to those arseholes
Im not getting over it

Never hated an entity as much as I hate them but the best part is if we are fortunate enough to get to the GF you wont have to worry about history repeating because they are going nowhere in this Finals series. They have fell into the top 4 because of 3 games they won under a goal earlier in the year where umpires influenced the result. They have fell into the top 4 today because of a young side turning the ball over at will and won by a point where they were 3 goals to the good with under 7 minutes to play.Jack Fitzpatrick will be lucky to even win a posession for the rest of his carer let alone galloping out of the middle and kicking a goal from 70. Anyone who thinks they can win this premiership should see a shrink. They are not top 4 worthy this year and that my friends will be well and truly exposed in 2 weeks starting with Geelong.

Lets not stop there chunky, 4 in a row and shove it up them and Mcguire.

Ok I'm getting a bit ahead of myself

Lets beat the record not level it

I know one thing. I won't be parading around BF like a campaigner if we win three in a row.

Time we reminded the League you can have a good team and still be good sports. That concept has been lost in this era of the Hawks.

I know one thing. I won't be parading around BF like a campaigner if we win three in a row.

Time we reminded the League you can have a good team and still be good sports. That concept has been lost in this era of the Hawks.

I can't make any promises!

Back