Premiership Coach 2017 AFL lists

Remove this Banner Ad

Just so everyone knows, I have had a bit of a think the last couple of days and due to some negative feedback, this will be the last year I'll be making these lists. Guess some people can't appreciate hard work when they see it.

Thanks for all the hard work over the past few seasons haydo169. We all appreciate the time and work you have put into these. Thanks

upload_2017-4-2_18-55-16.png

Anyone knows what has gone wrong? Won't let me use this years lists and won't let me use the editor on the same lists. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Try re-installing the game and download the lists again
Don't worry I figured it out, I was updating ages of players and deleted something that I shouldn't have in one document out of 60 odd. Was the 2nd last one to check. :mad:

IMG_3776.JPG

First career mode with 2017 lists, killing it with the Saints. Thought I was going to drop off after all my players starting to decline and retire around 2020-21 but boom recruited some gems in the drafts and won the flag again.

75.68 win percent as coach, haven't missed finals. My prime years were using most players from St Kilda's originals list.. The only big names I recruited were David Swallow and Lachie Weller

View attachment 353226

First career mode with 2017 lists, killing it with the Saints. Thought I was going to drop off after all my players starting to decline and retire around 2020-21 but boom recruited some gems in the drafts and won the flag again.

75.68 win percent as coach, haven't missed finals. My prime years were using most players from St Kilda's originals list.. The only big names I recruited were David Swallow and Lachie Weller
Advise me. Did you use any tactics and also did your players grow faster or slowly?

Advise me. Did you use any tactics and also did your players grow faster or slowly?
I simulate and don't really use tactics. I find it's all about the positions you play your players, in order to dominate.

Eg this is how I set up my team;

LBP: tall defender, someone with high rating small defender as well. If you can get a swingman that helps with depth too. Also had success drafting tall defenders with ruck ability in this position.

FB: tall defender, I used draft KPD later in the draft as I don't think ratings do much

RBP: small defender, go for players that having ratings all over the ground. I pick small defenders up later in the draft or rookie draft as if they are versatile and have ratings as inside/outside mid, small forward etc they tend to dominate even with mid 70 overalls

RHB: small defender same as above

CHB: tall defender same as fullback

LHB: small defender same as others

W: outside mid with good inside rating, if they have small forward as well they tend to be gems.

C: tagger/inside mid. players don't dominate in the centre position in PC so I use either a tagger or just an older inside mid.

W: same as other winger

LHF: inside mid, usually let my young inside mids develop here. draft your mids early, get inside mids with forward ratings. normally good for 15 touches a game and 20 goals a season.

CHF: tall forward, tend to play my second highest rated key forward here. Draft 2nd round and play while they're young and watch their overall/potential rocket.

RHF: inside mid, same as RHF.

LFP: small forward, tend to be useless in this position regardless.

FF: tall forward, if you don't have a ruckman resting in RFP draft a tall KPF with ruck ability and he will dominate.

RFP: anything, this position is my favourite. You can play a 2nd ruck, 3rd tall, mids with forward ratings. I normally try different players around and see what works well team balance wise.

R: ruckman, get ruckman high in draft along with mids, aim for rucks with ability to play forward and back.

On ball: inside mids, again plays that can play in multiple positions.

Interchange; midfielders inside/outside
Play your best midfielder interchange 1 and watch them dominate. Only play midfielders on your bench as it's where they play their best footy for some reason.

Draft/trade for a squad to fit this line up and your team should have regular 400+ possessions and win multiple flags.

From St Kilda 2017 these players are gold and just draft/trade to fill in the gaps.

B: Goddard, Brown, -------
HB: Savage, Carlisle, Webster/Rice
C: ------, Armitage, Newnes
HF: ------, McCartin, Long
F: Billings, Bruce, ------
R: ------, Steven, ------
Int: Steele, Ross, Acres

These players all dominated for me in those positions. Goodluck mate.

I simulate and don't really use tactics. I find it's all about the positions you play your players, in order to dominate.

Eg this is how I set up my team;

LBP: tall defender, someone with high rating small defender as well. If you can get a swingman that helps with depth too. Also had success drafting tall defenders with ruck ability in this position.

FB: tall defender, I used draft KPD later in the draft as I don't think ratings do much

RBP: small defender, go for players that having ratings all over the ground. I pick small defenders up later in the draft or rookie draft as if they are versatile and have ratings as inside/outside mid, small forward etc they tend to dominate even with mid 70 overalls

RHB: small defender same as above

CHB: tall defender same as fullback

LHB: small defender same as others

W: outside mid with good inside rating, if they have small forward as well they tend to be gems.

C: tagger/inside mid. players don't dominate in the centre position in PC so I use either a tagger or just an older inside mid.

W: same as other winger

LHF: inside mid, usually let my young inside mids develop here. draft your mids early, get inside mids with forward ratings. normally good for 15 touches a game and 20 goals a season.

CHF: tall forward, tend to play my second highest rated key forward here. Draft 2nd round and play while they're young and watch their overall/potential rocket.

RHF: inside mid, same as RHF.

LFP: small forward, tend to be useless in this position regardless.

FF: tall forward, if you don't have a ruckman resting in RFP draft a tall KPF with ruck ability and he will dominate.

RFP: anything, this position is my favourite. You can play a 2nd ruck, 3rd tall, mids with forward ratings. I normally try different players around and see what works well team balance wise.

R: ruckman, get ruckman high in draft along with mids, aim for rucks with ability to play forward and back.

On ball: inside mids, again plays that can play in multiple positions.

Interchange; midfielders inside/outside
Play your best midfielder interchange 1 and watch them dominate. Only play midfielders on your bench as it's where they play their best footy for some reason.

Draft/trade for a squad to fit this line up and your team should have regular 400+ possessions and win multiple flags.

From St Kilda 2017 these players are gold and just draft/trade to fill in the gaps.

B: Goddard, Brown, -------
HB: Savage, Carlisle, Webster/Rice
C: ------, Armitage, Newnes
HF: ------, McCartin, Long
F: Billings, Bruce, ------
R: ------, Steven, ------
Int: Steele, Ross, Acres

These players all dominated for me in those positions. Goodluck mate.
Thank you. Very helpful. I used tactics to use if it was good. It did make a impact. I played battle and Paddy at chf and ff. Bruce as the third tall who plays ruck/forward. He kicked 30+ and got 400+ hitouts making the AA team.

Gresham and Billings always seem to dominate for me, Steele and acres always being the 3rd best mid. Traded Armo, Carlisle and Steven for early rounders.

Thank you. Very helpful. I used tactics to use if it was good. It did make a impact. I played battle and Paddy at chf and ff. Bruce as the third tall who plays ruck/forward. He kicked 30+ and got 400+ hitouts making the AA team.

Gresham and Billings always seem to dominate for me, Steele and acres always being the 3rd best mid. Traded Armo, Carlisle and Steven for early rounders.
Sorry if that post was confusing at all, rushed it out. Happy to answer any questions, there are plenty little PC tricks you learn after playing the game religiously for years :p

Sorry if that post was confusing at all, rushed it out. Happy to answer any questions, there are plenty little PC tricks you learn after playing the game religiously for years :p
Drafted a outside mid. 80 rated and 97 as his peak. His name was Jett Quick.

Won the rising star award by playing 16 games. Averaged 20 disposals

Then game crashed and wouldn't let me use the file. So I lost the player, I was so pissed

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone know how to make players for the game? Please DM if you know. Thanks

Geez, I have a similar setup to saintkildaman but I'm winning about three games per season with Sydney.

It doesn't help that some players perform inexplicably badly - I got rid of Kieran Jack who was getting about 10 touches a game despite rating 80+, but then I brought in Kelvin Moore and Justin Westoff - both with ratings in the mid-to-high 70s, both averaging around 4 touches a game.

Geez, I have a similar setup to saintkildaman but I'm winning about three games per season with Sydney.

It doesn't help that some players perform inexplicably badly - I got rid of Kieran Jack who was getting about 10 touches a game despite rating 80+, but then I brought in Kelvin Moore and Justin Westoff - both with ratings in the mid-to-high 70s, both averaging around 4 touches a game.
I just simmed a season with Sydney and didn't lose a game. Up to the trade period and am very keen to * KJ off.

My side from memory when everyone is fit:

Smith - Aliir - Rampe
Laidler - Grundy - Jones
Mills - Jack - Heeney
McVeigh - Reid - Hewett
Naismith - Franklin - Rohan
Tippett - Parker - Hannerbrey
Kennedy - Cunningham - Papley - SUB: Newman

This may seem like a stupid question, but how do I import the lists into the game ??. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Draft a key forward in the later rounds, play him CHF for 3 seasons (pray for no injuries) no matter how bad he is and watch his overall/potential explode!
Ended up getting two top 10 mids with picks 14 and 17 and the second best forward with pick 31 (65 overall 83 peak iirc). Was happy with that. He will be my 3rd tall if i ever go with 1 ruck or when Reid/Franklin are injured. Think Franklin only has 4 years left on his contract so he'll be 22-23 by the time I'll play him a lot with hopefully Reid able to take FF

I'm about 9 seasons in with Fremantle. Some interesting stats.

Other teams:
Scott Pendlebury went on to play 408 games.
Lance Franklin retired on 363 games and 1039 goals.
Joel Selwood got to 369 games. Steele Sidebottom to 358 games.

Now for Freo:

Nat Fyfe is still rated high at 91 overall at 33-34 years old. Currently played 332 games.
Picked up Josh Bruce after he had a long stint at St.Kilda. He's played 254 games (had some bad injuries) and has kicked 797 goals. Still rated a 85 overall at 32.
Also picked up Majak Daw in the first off-season. He ended up playing 188 games for Freo and was super OP at the RFP position.
2 seasons ago, got Greg Black (son of Heath Black), who was a top-tier prospect tall forward. He's only 20, has played 54 games, and has kicked 213 goals. Rated 87 overall with 100 potential.

2 seasons ago, got Greg Black (son of Heath Black), who was a top-tier prospect tall forward. He's only 20, has played 54 games, and has kicked 213 goals. Rated 87 overall with 100 potential.
That's insane. I have never had a Father Son before. Would love to hear more about this kid the longer he plays

In 2013 I had pick 5 and drafted Jaime Shepherdon, a very promising tall forward prospect with a peak in the mid 90's. He got a gig immediately as a 17yo the next season (as you would imagine from a team that finished 13th) and came second in the goal kicking (behind our CHF). He went on to play 324 games and kick 1496 goals, eventually retiring as a 32yo. However, when he was about 27yo or something like that, I saw this 1yo appear in the father/son area. 13 years after Jaime Shepherdon retired, the club drafted Jaden Shepherdon as a father son. This kid had a peak also in the mid 90's and could play anywhere, but particularly excelled off half back. He went on to play until he was 35yo, playing 403 games.

Unfortunately, Jaden did not father any kids.

I picked up Dustin Fletcher Son . He was a key defender at 193 with a peak of 93 rated 77. First season first game against Bombers. Picks up an Injury for 44 weeks. Traded him to the bombers for pick 12 + 24.

3 years later, picked him up again and he was such a star. Played him forward for 12 games,he kicked 40+.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back