Premiership Coach

Remove this Banner Ad

Woah serisously! I think my version didn't have GWS in it... been a while though I can't remember, are they in it?
Unfortunaly PC2011 doesn't allow the Giants into the game. I have tried many times to get them in but it just keeps coming up with errors everytime I tried to play through the season

Picked this up for the first time in a long time and have to say I'm really enjoying it.

Has anyone found a workaround for drafting? I'm finding the player pool clogged with 20+ year old list rejects which makes it a painful process.

Picked this up for the first time in a long time and have to say I'm really enjoying it.

Has anyone found a workaround for drafting? I'm finding the player pool clogged with 20+ year old list rejects which makes it a painful process.
Okay on this i discovered something

By all means have good recruiters but on draft day ignore your head recruiter, don't touch any of the tabs on the draft list

I found out that the game naturally organises the best draftees by default. Provided you don't change the order by using any of the sorting tabs pick whomever is at the top of the list when it is your pick (This is also good for the rookie draft too, but dont worry about the preseason draft because you can sort by peak in that draft)

Unsure as to why the drop down boxes are causing problems for some people. I haven't touched the code since I uploaded the beta though, so I'm still yet to determine why its happening, but I did check if it was an issue for myself and it appears not to be.

View attachment 490377

Did you ever get around to finishing this mate? I was real keen for Grenville to release the new game but i'm guessing that isn't happening anymore.

What happened to the new game that was supposed to happen? Getting sick of all the bug's in this PC2011 game

Did you ever get around to finishing this mate? I was real keen for Grenville to release the new game but i'm guessing that isn't happening anymore.

I stopped working on it as soon as Grenville had announced that a new version was in development.

I still have the source code on my other computer but I don't think I will do anything with it although I might decide to take a look at it.

The main thing was the large amount of bugs in the 2012 version that would have to be fixed. I recall random crashes occuring during the trade period and there was a problem with the draft having too many talls and a small amount of midfielders and small forwards/defenders.

Last edited:
I just wish I knew how to make these lists haha then I'd have a crack.. wish I could just upload a spreadsheet and bam updates everything, but such is life

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just to get a general vibe from people, what are people's attitudes towards making list management as accurate as possible to the AFL, vs streamlining it to make it a bit simpler?

By this i'm thinking of rules such as Next Gen Academies/International Scholarships

Last edited:
Just to get a general vibe from people, what are people's attitudes towards making list management as accurate as possible to the AFL, vs streamlining it to make it a bit simpler?

By this i'm thinking of rules such as Next Gen Academies/International Scholarships
For me, I generally try to make my list management as accurate as I can to the AFL, that way players get the closest experience they can to the real AFL stats ect...

I suppose the target audience for this sort of game would be footy fanatics really. So list management accurate would be suited.

But if international scholarships means sign up overseas players and train them then that would be fun also next gen academies would be fun. Small things like father and son in this game was fun

Last edited:
So the priority for me currently is to get a working Premiership Coach with an 18th team. From there the focus will move to updating rules and game engine for a more 2022 style of play. Once i have a working game i'll be sure to make regular posts with updates (and to get opinions and suggestions for potential new feature) .

This might be a way off, but I would love to have the game handle both AFL and AFLW.

I've downloaded 21C's old source code and going to work on doing the best i can from it - if anyone else is interested in restarting development, please get in contact!
I'm in my final year of my Mobile and Web Application major at university. So I do have undergraduate level programming skills (3.2GPA/4).

Worked with .NET framework (C#) and many other programming languages. Had a look at the code base didn't know where to begin lol. Had trouble grappling the huge code base. Had the code base been a fully finished copy and not half finished then I would have kept going further but given it was half finished you really had to remove all the half finished stuff or complete it.

But if you need small tasks completed then feel free to reach out I'm more then happy to assist you.
So the priority for me currently is to get a working Premiership Coach with an 18th team. From there the focus will move to updating rules and game engine for a more 2022 style of play. Once i have a working game i'll be sure to make regular posts with updates (and to get opinions and suggestions for potential new feature) .

This might be a way off, but I would love to have the game handle both AFL and AFLW.

Yeah more then happy to pay money for your updated version. I poured hours in that game and to get an updated version is awesome.

Also an easy task that might help you grapple around the code is adding vice captain column in the History drop down. Because right now that only shows team position, captain, most goals but no vice-captain!!!! It annoys the hell out of me. So it would be cool if you could add a vice captain column as well.

Last edited:
I'm in my final year of my Mobile and Web Application major at university. So I do have undergraduate level programming skills (3.2GPA/4).

Worked with .NET framework (C#) and many other programming languages. Had a look at the code base didn't know where to begin lol. Had trouble grappling the huge code base. Had the code base been a fully finished copy and not half finished then I would have kept going further but given it was half finished you really had to remove all the half finished stuff or complete it.

But if you need small tasks completed then feel free to reach out I'm more then happy to assist you.

Yeah more then happy to pay money for your updated version. I poured hours in that game and to get an updated version is awesome.

Also an easy task that might help you grapple around the code is adding vice captain column in the History drop down. Because right now that only shows team position, captain, most goals but no vice-captain!!!! It annoys the hell out of me. So it would be cool if you could add a vice captain column as well.
I'm attempting to migrate it to C# for various reasons. It's a lot of work but also gives me a good reason to go through every class and understand how every function works.

As for money, considering that Grenville specified he:
would be willing to give the source code to the community and assist in developing a new version if there is enough skill and motivation to revive it as a collaborative, freeware project.

I ethically (and probably legally), can't charge for the program. A method for voluntary donations that would go to developers may be possible, however I would not be comfortable asking for such until we had it in a releasable state.

I'm attempting to migrate it to C# for various reasons. It's a lot of work but also gives me a good reason to go through every class and understand how every function works.

As for money, considering that Grenville specified he:

I ethically (and probably legally), can't charge for the program. A method for voluntary donations that would go to developers may be possible, however I would not be comfortable asking for such until we had it in a releasable state.

Open/willing to discuss this. Would love to see the game revived & a decent footy sim on the market. Have gone back and forth over the years & made ground on a new version but never really got traction. I have a half written c# port someplace here also. Theres a lot of dev work done on a new version thats likely a better starting point for you.

Reality is that life these days is way more demanding than it was when i rolled years into development on this. If you're keen to dig in ping me and will see what i can do to support the effort.

I'd be happy with just the 18th team addition, play this game religious as it is :)

Have poured so many hours into this game, so also very happy to chip in cash for an update for just an 18th team and maybe an easy way to do your own lists for a non-programmer orientated person would also be elite, anything else be a bonus.

So quick update - haven't spend as much time on it as i've wanted the past couple of weeks but that should be able to change soon.

From a design perspective, i'd be interested to see how people would want player attributes to be displayed - would people want something more like a exact overall number that makes it easier to compare similar players, or use a more football manager style star rating or F to A+ scale (like a lot of more recent management games).

Also if anyone wants to help either from a development or more of a design perspective i'd be more than happy for you to get in touch.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back