Pride of South London: The CPFC Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 15, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Canberra Raiders,Crystal Palace F.C
Seeing as most teams have a thread in here I thought I'd get Palace one started up, think I've seen a few other eagles on this board from time to time just can't remember their names at the moment.

The search continues for a new manager (once again) an all to familiar process for us Palace supporters :(

Seeing as most teams have a thread in here I thought I'd get Palace one started up, think I've seen a few other eagles on this board from time to time just can't remember their names at the moment.

The search continues for a new manager (once again) an all to familiar process for us Palace supporters :(

Hello Milang, you look a bit lonely here on this thread but there are other Palace supporters around. In fact there's probably more than we think.

My thoughts are that we are a better side than last year with several very good summer signings but those intangibles from last year like Pulis, a very good run with injuries, a good run with 1-0 results and a settled and organised side aren't there this year, so it could be a struggle again.

Big game this week v WBA and we need to get something from it. No Dann and Delaney bothers me and how Chamakh is not starting surprises me.

But we are Glad All Over and we'll get there.

Didn't get out of bed this morning (1st time this year) to watch but really looking forward to watching in full tonight.

Seems Jedi, Bolasie and Chamakh did the damage and gets us out of the bottom 3 again.

Liverpool only taken 1 point from last 3 league visits to SP which surprises but they are not the side they were.

Non-aligned mate from work got tickets for last night's game whilst in London and he may well come back a palace supporter!!

Agreed with NW who said we looked like conceding double figures in the first 15 minutes, but dug in and deserved our point.

Couple of nervy moments near the end and Shelvey had a few good chances without scoring (was last season). Jedi awesome again and Macarthur adds bite in the midfield. Dann and Ward good again.

Happy with the point but one day Bolasie's efforts will go in. His hitting the bar effort followed on from his poster last week.

Didn't we only pay Bristol City $300k for him? Bargain even if he isn't scoring.

Agreed with NW who said we looked like conceding double figures in the first 15 minutes, but dug in and deserved our point.

Couple of nervy moments near the end and Shelvey had a few good chances without scoring (was last season). Jedi awesome again and Macarthur adds bite in the midfield. Dann and Ward good again.

Happy with the point but one day Bolasie's efforts will go in. His hitting the bar effort followed on from his poster last week.

Didn't we only pay Bristol City $300k for him? Bargain even if he isn't scoring.
So true we looked horrible for those opening minutes of the game. Agree Bolasie's been a great bargain and it's amazing to see how he's come on since that promotion season and moved ahead of Zaha, who has had his progress stunted by his stint at MU.

Looks like we have been pretty dire to watch recently but we keep picking up useful points away from home, if only we could win at home, those good away points would be more valuable. I would even say we would be more likely to stay up if all of our remaining games were away from home.

Looking forward to (another) new start under Pardew, hopefully we can get a striker in during January who can finish off our good work further up the pitch. Warnock should never been appointed.

Notice Bolasie hit the damn crossbar again v Villa, never known anybody to go so close so often without scoring. Bad luck or just bad finishing?

Looks like we have been pretty dire to watch recently but we keep picking up useful points away from home, if only we could win at home, those good away points would be more valuable. I would even say we would be more likely to stay up if all of our remaining games were away from home.

Looking forward to (another) new start under Pardew, hopefully we can get a striker in during January who can finish off our good work further up the pitch. Warnock should never been appointed.

Notice Bolasie hit the damn crossbar again v Villa, never known anybody to go so close so often without scoring. Bad luck or just bad finishing?
Yeah we've been doing alright from home like you say and if we had of won a couple more home game we'd be looking really safe right now.

Bolasie did really well just to get in that position to score just lifted it slightly too much over the keeper, thought he was going to finish that for sure :(

Lets just say I was in a better mood at the final whistle than I was after 16 minutes v Burnley. Snowy and 2 degrees I was hoping for a postponement at 0-2 given the pitch inspection an hour or two before kick off.

Breathtaking finishes by Gayle, the first was a bullet, the second a great piece of skill. He is the best finisher at the club.

All those dour away draws are now showing their worth with a couple of wins thrown in.

Just going to leave this here guys - hopefully someone on the internet can photoshop a Palace kit in! :D

nufcfans_shola_ameobi_sunderland_mackemslayer_rises_newcastle_united.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just reading up him now. Never realised he was with you guys for so long NUFC Tiger

Yeah, apart from a few loan stints here and there he was with us all the way through (came through the academy from memory). Never really been a prolific striker but seems to bob up with a few important goals here and there. Also has a great record against Scumberland - scored 7 in the derbies throughout his time. ;)

Not sure if you have anyone in the target man mould already at the club? 6 month deal though seems like a good option for both parties. Hopefully will have a good stint for the eagles!

And only scoring a goal every 18.8 years, I think Pardew was mad to sign him :p

Keep the faith Milang, Shola will come good with a goal just as Palace are about to break into the top 4! ;)

Saw the match after work yesterday (was only following it on my phone during the match).

I think we were pretty lucky to get a point to be honest - Palace probably deserved the win on the balance of play. Perhaps Super Shola should have been involved. ;)

Saw the match after work yesterday (was only following it on my phone during the match).

I think we were pretty lucky to get a point to be honest - Palace probably deserved the win on the balance of play. Perhaps Super Shola should have been involved. ;)
Yeah we should've won considering you had one shot on target, was a great header from Cisse though. Just got to keep picking up these points and get closer to that magical 40 mark although I think 36-38 might be safe this year.

Takeover by US businessman josh Harris set to be confirmed in the next 14 days.

Wow, didn't even know you guys were on the market Milang! Is he going to bring a lot of money/investment into the club?

Wow, didn't even know you guys were on the market Milang! Is he going to bring a lot of money/investment into the club?

What's the go with the "fit and proper" tests these days? Clearly Ashley would have failed it if it was around when he bought your mob :)

Yeah we like to keep things on the downlow ;) been in the works all season I think he will be looking to update selhurst/maybe a new stadium. The thing i like about what I'm hearing is that parish will maintain a minor stake in the club which would be perfect.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back