List Mgmt. Problems with our List going forward

Remove this Banner Ad

but those of us who grew up in the 80s lived through the Schwab era after the almost merger. We've experienced the highs and the lows. One of my most enduring memories is Lethal being chaired off crying after 85, it's the moment I remember most from the early 80s

I apologise for the narkiness. I just get a bit shitty when some fans complain...and complain...and complain...while our club wins flag...after flag...after flag.

I wonder how many others on here were following the Hawks in 1950, when we didn't win a game.
Yikes!

I apologise for the narkiness. I just get a bit shitty when some fans complain...and complain...and complain...while our club wins flag...after flag...after flag.

Yikes!
wasn't suggesting you were narky just that those of us who remember the 80s remember the 90s and 00s as well, and there are those that remember much worse times at Thai mentioned

I wonder how many others on here were following the Hawks in 1950, when we didn't win a game.

At least two of us TH. However I was very young.
I still think the 1961 premiership was our greatest because of the joy it brought to our supporters who endured the lean years

My uncle bought me a blues guernsy when I was 2 and by 4 had decided that i liked the "yeyow and bwown' team so the family says. After two local AFL teams and three local premierships through the nineties and early 2000's, plus a metric tonne of s**t being copped on my choice not to jump ship to a South Aussie team I had the grand satisfaction of telling the peers, "why would I change clubs, I told you so" lololololol!!!! #threepeatvindication2008

Yo do realise weve been playing young uns as much as the rste of the comp, and still finishing top 4 with a draw rigged against us?
I need to find a bookie who'll take my wager that we'll cop a harder FIXture than the $wines next year despite them finishing on top. Extremely willing to put every possession I own in the world on it in fact. :)

We need to continue to invest in players tgat can win a game of footy and players who play there role. So long at the top means we're light on the game changers. A key position forward like vickery would be very dangerous at hawthorn also take the pressure off the small forwards. The next generation of mids are starting to take shape. Last year a couple of key mids who got a taste this year. We needs these kids to learn from the best and carrying the older guys one more year is ok. Too many teams reduce their experience and then expect kids to do the job. Lovell, Howe burton all look very good. Hoping brand stays as genuine key post. A Mitchell or jom are bonuses but games in to these kids will show the next generation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We need to continue to invest in players tgat can win a game of footy and players who play there role. So long at the top means we're light on the game changers. A key position forward like vickery would be very dangerous at hawthorn also take the pressure off the small forwards. The next generation of mids are starting to take shape. Last year a couple of key mids who got a taste this year. We needs these kids to learn from the best and carrying the older guys one more year is ok. Too many teams reduce their experience and then expect kids to do the job. Lovell, Howe burton all look very good. Hoping brand stays as genuine key post. A Mitchell or jom are bonuses but games in to these kids will show the next generation.

JOM and Mitchell aren't bonuses, they are required with the lack of Midfield talent we have coming through.

JOM and TOM would walk into the team and when Mitch goes be our two best mids.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There were a few of us out in Croydon TH. However even in the outer east we were a tiny minority.

I used to go to school in Camberwell with several kids from Croydon in the fifties. Fair train ride to get to school.

I can't claim anything but my old man started following hawthorn in 1963 a couple of years after a young David Parkin joined the Hawks. He just loved David Parkin. Loved the the cut of his jib

I can't claim anything but my old man started following hawthorn in 1963 a couple of years after a young David Parkin joined the Hawks. He just loved David Parkin. Loved the the cut of his jib

I remember David Parkin in his first year, in a practice match at the sardine tin. He stared on the half forward line. At that time I knew he was going to be special.

Back in the late 60's, all of the talk in Tassie was about where the potential star, Peter Hudson, would end up.

My 2 brothers said "Oh yeah, Huddo, we used to kick the footy down the park with him".

So, I jumped on the Huddo bandwagon, which led me to Hawthorn. 26 has always been my favourite number.

Some years later, my brothers came clean and told me it was all BS, that they had never even seen him.

I was the winner :)

I remember David Parkin in his first year, in a practice match at the sardine tin. He stared on the half forward line. At that time I knew he was going to be special.
People always say that David Parkin would have died for this great club and when Don Scott came along he would kill for this club. Great players who i really didn't get to see play football that much i have seen highlights but was too young to appreciate it live. You just can't replace being there at the ground.

People always say that David Parkin would have died for this great club and when Don Scott came along he would kill for this club. Great players who i really didn't get to see play football that much i have seen highlights but was too young to appreciate it live. You just can't replace being there at the ground.

Yep we are being a bit nostalgic here as Thaihawk and I go back to the 50's as Hawk supporters. I still consider myself privileged to have lived through the great Hawthorn years and to have introduced my children to the Hawthorn family.

Back in the late 60's, all of the talk in Tassie was about where the potential star, Peter Hudson, would end up.

My 2 brothers said "Oh yeah, Huddo, we used to kick the footy down the park with him".

So, I jumped on the Huddo bandwagon, which led me to Hawthorn. 26 has always been my favourite number.

Some years later, my brothers came clean and told me it was all BS, that they had never even seen him.

I was the winner :)

Love it !!!

I haven't been at the ground for about twenty years now, and you're right The4P., the atmosphere in my TV room can't be compared to standing in the outer at a game. I say standing, because that was my preference when I was young enough. Now the large screen is the best I can do, but even that is spoiled by the empty heads they call commentators spoiling my day.

Loved the very unsuccessful Hawks when I was young, just as much as I love the very successful ones as I age, and I would like to pass that on to our 75,000+ members. Don't stop supporting if we are not so successful, and fall back a little, because that's when the club needs you.

Don Scott was just amazing for his size. Can you imagine a 6'3" 89kg ruckman now days. He was super tough and aggressive and never gave an inch.
He marched to his own drum(can never forget his handbag) and a 100% Hawthorn legend.

I don't personallly, but my dad b:1940 remembers it well. Went to every game, and cheered goals like premierships.

On another note, my first game (as a 4 year old) was this one.
http://afltables.com/afl/stats/games/1969/031019690412.html
So just have a little think about the fact that at one point in my life, 100% of all games I had attended, I saw 30 goals kicked against us.

My aunty told me that while I was in the toilet Peter Crimmins had kicked another 10 goals and not to believe the scoreboard.

I actually wasn't too upset about the result. I'd seen the hawks players close up, I watched them play and crimmo kicked one from a crumb inside the goal square and I absolutely loved it. Just kept replaying that moment in my mind all the way back home and talking about it, until I'd pissed off my uncle, who had just seen us get thrashed, and I am all excited: Did you see that! did you SEE it?

I don't personallly, but my dad b:1940 remembers it well. Went to every game, and cheered goals like premierships.

On another note, my first game (as a 4 year old) was this one.
http://afltables.com/afl/stats/games/1969/031019690412.html
So just have a little think about the fact that at one point in my life, 100% of all games I had attended, I saw 30 goals kicked against us.

My aunty told me that while I was in the toilet Peter Crimmins had kicked another 10 goals and not to believe the scoreboard.

I actually wasn't too upset about the result. I'd seen the hawks players close up, I watched them play and crimmo kicked one from a crumb inside the goal square and I absolutely loved it. Just kept replaying that moment in my mind all the way back home and talking about it, until I'd pissed off my uncle, who had just seen us get thrashed, and I am all excited: Did you see that! did you SEE it?

Sounds like our families have one thing in common gg, and that's that we are both Hawthorn through and through.:thumbsu::rainbow:

Sounds like our families have one thing in common gg, and that's that we are both Hawthorn through and through.:thumbsu::rainbow:
Yep. Moved to Tonga in 1970, and my grandfather (who had supported Hawthorn in the VFA would send us cassette tapes recording the radio call of the game. These would arrive three weeks to a month after the game. We'd get them out and grab the batteries and listen to the call as though it as live. That was our footy fix.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back