News Pyke Gone

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon it was quite obvious in the presser that the players slayed Pyke in their review interviews. Pyke was quite emotional discussing the conversations he had with people in the club that led to his decision
If only the other people they smashed in the review meetings fell on their swords.

Chin up people. If you want a cheer up just head on over to the Port board. They are melting again because they are still stuck with "yes we Ken".

Chin up people. If you want a cheer up just head on over to the Port board. They are melting again because they are still stuck with "yes we Ken".

So Don has resigned, so no pay out? Or minimal pay out? How's that being received over there? Considering they can't let Ken go due to his contract.

So Don has resigned, so no pay out? Or minimal pay out? How's that being received over there? Considering they can't let Ken go due to his contract.
Probably a small settlement payment.

69968970_401625147221418_6649762465552793600_n.jpg

I reckon it was quite obvious in the presser that the players slayed Pyke in their review interviews. Pyke was quite emotional discussing the conversations he had with people in the club that led to his decision

I think the timing suggests exactly that. Fair chance that he was asked to speak to a consistency amongst player reviews and perhaps realised he torched that relationship after the GF.

Anybody hear Dougy on 5aa?

Was very underwhelming re Don Pyke.

Sent from my MI PAD 4 using Tapatalk
I'm not sure that Douglas is a reliable person to be asking. I'm guessing he may be just a little bitter after being involuntarily retired.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Chapman reckons he's the best person to lead this next phase.

We are legitimately cooked. I'm done.
" I have previously stated I would step down from my role as Chairman but because of the turmoil within the Club and the need for strong leadership while searching for the best coach and the ongoing need for stability prior to our move to the parkland base. I have asked the board for an extension of 5 years

That has been granted "

I'm not sure that Douglas is a reliable person to be asking. I'm guessing he may be just a little bitter after being involuntarily retired.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Crouch was similar.

Oh you know basically that Ken has no integrity yada yada and that he should follow Dons lead and walk but he is a used car salesman that breeds greyhounds yada yada....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It sounds like there really isnt a payout for Pyke. Thats pretty big for the club. Means theres no excuses to "faze" out any problem people.

Hopefully means they can just pull the trigger on Burton and Campo contracts without worrying about the soft cap and tax.

Maybe Pyke is so unselfish he knew if no payout for him, the club could do that, i hope the dominos fall soon..

Chappy in presser when answering about payout:

It’s a resignation so we’re still negotiating.

Chappy on AA when answering about payout:

Yeah that wasn’t my best performance today, let me be clear. The fact is it’s a resignation so there will be no payout
lol, *ing chapman

It sounds like there really isnt a payout for Pyke. Thats pretty big for the club. Means theres no excuses to "faze" out any problem people.

Hopefully means they can just pull the trigger on Burton and Campo contracts without worrying about the soft cap and tax.

Don's parting gift?

Maybe Pyke is so unselfish he knew if no payout for him, the club could do that, i hope the dominos fall soon..

Or he's going to another club.

The fact is it’s a resignation so there will be no payout

I will only believe that if Pyke is the next Freo coach. No way he walks away from a couple of million dollars. Especially as he was 100% going to be back in Perth next year either way.

I will only believe that if Pyke is the next Freo coach. No way he walks away from a couple of million dollars. Especially as he was 100% going to be back in Perth next year either way.
Agreed - he was clearly trying to cover his earlier gaffe

Remove this Banner Ad

Back