News Pyke Gone

Slippery Pete

Samcro24 alias account
Jul 19, 2010
AFL Club
Adelaide
Fagan says tonight that the camp was a “lightning rod” for things that went wrong in 2018.

Burton, mid 2018:

“What I will say, is that there is no lingering issues out of the camp. So that is categoric. There is no lingering issues with our playing group and our staff with the camp. And that’s all our fans need to know, is that we’ve got a playing group that is happy...”

They wonder why the fans are irate.

You’d have to go a long way to find a bigger bunch of lying, arse-covering frauds than some of the people involved in this shitshow masquerading as a football club.

Johnny Rutten

Anarchy for the AFC, it's coming sometime...
Apr 25, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Fagan says tonight that the camp was a “lightning rod” for things that went wrong in 2018.

Burton, mid 2018:

“What I will say, is that there is no lingering issues out of the camp. So that is categoric. There is no lingering issues with our playing group and our staff with the camp. And that’s all our fans need to know, is that we’ve got a playing group that is happy...”

They wonder why the fans are irate.

You’d have to go a long way to find a bigger bunch of lying, arse-covering frauds than some of the people involved in this s**tshow masquerading as a football club.
Richard Douglas on 5AA this arvo said that the coaches and players had put the camp behind them in 2018. Douglas hinted there were other issues this year that stopped the team from performing to their best, not the camp. This is just one player's view, of course.

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
So hang on... Chapman has said twice today, and now in a member email, that the review is only for the football department? He said a week ago, repeatedly, that it was club-wide.

He's blatantly lying.
It was always stated as anything relating to on field performance

ManInTheArena

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 21, 2008
Australia
AFL Club
Adelaide
...When will ‘journalists’ and media commentators be held to account? ...

With the rise of social media, traditional media is now having to compete with Twitter, Facebook, and even BigFooty. If they don't compete, they don't survive and almost all forms of news have gone to the gutter because of it.

Jul 9, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
That's because people have no faith in the club's administration and rightly so. I'll remind you, this club hired Brett Burton as a fitness manager after he destroyed Brisbane's list with injuries. Chris Fagan said when he got to the Lions they had 25 out of 37 listed players in rehab and that flushing out their fitness/medical dept was the most important step he made to improving that side.

How can you expect us to have any faith in our admin when they hire people who are blatantly incompetent? How can you be so sure they will kick Burton to the kerb when they allowed him to wreck our list with injury in 2018 and he got off scott-free?
It wasn't just Burton that the club brought across either. They took on his dickhead sidekick as well. The 2 idiots in charge of the worst injury list I can remember.

Listening to the presser... Chapman says 'the searches gotta be exhaustive ' ... Benny hart, Brett Burton sign here... I don't really think any recent decisions have been exhaustive
I am hopeful that we will turn up with another beauty. The last two were out of the box that nobody expected - Walsh and Pyke. It trust that they will do the right thing.

Scrogdogg

Club Legend
May 29, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Brett Burton has been appointed head coach of the Adelaide Football Club.

In a watermark day for the club, former board member Kate Ellis has also become the first female assistant coach in VFL/AFL history.

She fills the position left vacant by outgoing assistant Scott Camporeale, who moves into his new role as board member and assistant to football director, Mark Ricciuto.

Chairman Kim Jong Chapman says the review has brought about significant change.

“None of these moves have anything to do with the review,” he said.

When asked if there were any other review recommendations Chapman said he wouldn’t be “going into detail.”

“This is a high performance industry,” he said.

“Inside these four walls we’re all about best practice and not accepting mediocrity.

“I‘ve had people stopping me on the street saying ‘These are great appointments.’

“Importantly, the AFL has endorsed them.”

Chapman said he expects Ellis to be with the club for another “9 to eleven years.”

The chairman was tight-lipped on the new tactics and gameplan Burton would bring to the coaching box.

“I asked the AFL ‘what should we do with him?’ and the AFL said, ‘for fu**’s sake don’t do what Brisbane did, or else we’ll have to find him a new ******* home again, and that took us forever last time.’”

“I think he will be an elite coach.”

And most importantly he loves the club and is passionate in his commitment to the AFC. We will scour the nation to find the absolute best assistants to support him and learn from him.

mattymac

Why no midfield crowz?
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2009
Yes
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
No
You weren't. I was hoping Pyke would survive the review, even if it was just to stagger one major change until the end of 2020.
Yep would've liked to see at least one year without Burton, Campo and Hart hanging around his neck.

You can take the best people but if you surround them with dud advisors eventually that will wear them down. For Pyke it took into his 3rd year after we removed his decent advisors.

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
We kept the one on the left wtf...?

burtonpyke.jpg

What if the review finds that the coach wasn't well resourced enough and was being held back by some inept people around him?

Do we hire Pyke back?

tenor.gif

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona

Burton, mid 2018:

A lightning rod courtesy of the carbon rod

Back