News Pyke Gone

Remove this Banner Ad

But they told us that there are no lingering issues from the camp. Problems yes, disgruntlement surely, maybe even a catastrophic loss of trust, but definitely no issues.
But this is the residual issue ....that said, and I'll say it for the upteenth time ....what happened over the bye ?

Did Pyke change the game plan & slow it down ....and did the players simply not buy into it

No wonder Burton was looking forward to the review

The results are null and void

They're a review of Us Under Pyke.

Burton and co get a do over

"He's just a regular Brett Burton with a stupid, cheap hat."

AFC fans:

1264512.jpg

No wonder Burton was looking forward to the review

The results are null and void

They're a review of Us Under Pyke.

Burton and co get a do over

Of course he should, FFS accidents happen.

He didnt mean to try and tear each and every player's hamstring. :drunk:

Can’t understand why Pyke would do that unless he has the Freo job lined up. Otherwise why would’nt he just wait and take the money?

The press conference should be online now, give it a watch. He made a point of saying about the pressures of AFL, in particular in this town. You say wait and take the money, do you mean stay another year and be sacked? He might see that as a waste of a year in his life.

Unless you're in his position financially (maybe you are) it can be difficult for us to understand someone walking away from that sort of money. Being well off would give Don some freedom to be able to make the decision to walk away.

Last edited:
100%. If Pyke goes and Burton stays I'm giving up on football. Moving to Qld with work shortly so shouldn't be hard.

I’m in Perth and have been for 10 years now. I can honestly say with my level of disdain towards the powers that be at the AFC that if a new team came in from WA I’d seriously consider hopping on the wagon.

Natham Basset will surely get a look in?
Very good SANFL record.

Would LOL massively if you bring Rutten home from Essendon seeing as though its reported he is being groomed for their top job.

The press conference should be online now, give it a watch. He made a point of saying about the pressures of AFL, in particular in this town. You say wait and take the money, do you mean stay another year and be sacked? He might see that as a waste of a year in his life.

Unless you're in his position financially (maybe you are) it can difficult for us to understand someone walking away from that sort of money. Being well off would give Don some freedom to be able to make the decision to walk away.

Ok, suppose that is true. So why resign now. There is a very, very high chance he is going to get the sack anyway. Which means he gets the payout he is due. Actually, that is almost certain as is inconceivable to me that he could be kept on for another two years given the absolute s**t show of a game plan he served up this year.

So if he really did want to resign he could have done it later if he was told that he would not be getting the sack (which again I feel is inconceivable).

Its just my opinion. I could be wrong obviously. But I just think there was zero chance he would be coaching us next year either way. So why would he leave with nothing when he could have walked away with a million dollar payout.

But this is the residual issue ....that said, and I'll say it for the upteenth time ....what happened over the bye ?

Did Pyke change the game plan & slow it down ....and did the players simply not buy into it

Something about Pyke had promised to make changes to something

Leadership group approached him at the bye with concerns he hadn’t done it yet

Perhaps they got news he reneged on his promised changes?

I’m in Perth and have been for 10 years now. I can honestly say with my level of disdain towards the powers that be at the AFC that if a new team came in from WA I’d seriously consider hopping on the wagon.
It's unbelievable isn't it? The long running mismanagement has just disenfranchised so many supporters. Chapman is just too corporate. No idea about football culture.

And the worst thing is that after a decade he's going to hand pick his successor. FMD.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I truly hate the thought of Ross Lyon coming on board... but maybe he’s exactly what we need? He wouldn’t take any crap from any of Burton, Campo or Hart. He’d eat them up and spit them out as an appetiser.

Not if they had budding breasts he wouldn't.

In all seriousness though I'd rather win the spoon than watch us play like that every week.

Last edited:
I think that's verging on bedwetting to be honest. The 3 clubs that appointed coaches all appointed their caretaker coaches to the top job. North Melbourne didn't even interview anyone else based on everything that's been said. There's plenty of prospective targets out there. Happy to see what the review unearths first.
These issues have been there for ages.

We were still trying to win the flag right to the end. The whole process should have started weeks ago so we could be on the path to sorting s**t out by now.

Instead we will still be working out what’s wrong in October.

I dont think he loses honour or integrity by making the club honour its contract so I disagree entirely with your premise. There seem to be a few likely possibilities.

A) Chapman was lying out of his arse - unheard of right???
B) Pyke has a new job lined up (e.g., the Freo job)
C) Pyke has walked away from $2m to $2.5m

Who knows, but I would put my money on A, then B, then C.
Pavlich was on the review.

Maybe, B is true and Super Pav was a secret agent to get Pyke out of Crows.

Ok, suppose that is true. So why resign now. There is a very, very high chance he is going to get the sack anyway. Which means he gets the payout he is due. Actually, that is almost certain as is inconceivable to me that he could be kept on for another two years given the absolute s**t show of a game plan he served up this year.

So if he really did want to resign he could have done it later if he was told that he would not be getting the sack (which again I feel is inconceivable).

Its just my opinion. I could be wrong obviously. But I just think there was zero chance he would be coaching us next year either way. So why would he leave with nothing when he could have walked away with a million dollar payout.

Do you really think there was zero chance of him coaching the team next year? That's not how I was seeing it.

If you think that then I can see where you're coming from with the wait around and get sacked thought.

Can’t understand why Pyke would do that unless he has the Freo job lined up. Otherwise why would’nt he just wait and take the money?
There will be something I'm sure but also need to remember Pyke was successful in the oil and gas sector in his time away football so probably money isn't his driving force of coaching.

Listening to Chapman just before on 5AA Say he is 100% the man to overlook this review. Yeh righto Chappy you flog. Thats the way just casually distance your own position from the review. Is it ment to be from the top down? He is dodgier than a 2 day old chicken curry. That Nepotist needs to fu** off immediately. I tell you this club. Every single ******* time.
Hang on. He says that today. But a week or so ago he said this.

Nonetheless, he said he would be at arm’s length from the review, unless required to be interviewed by the panel.
“I’ve got nothing to do with the review [and] I’m not going to talk to him through the course of this review – I’ve spoken to him once, I’ve spoken to Jason once… I’ll not talk to either again,” he said.

So how can he know how the review is.progressing if he has had little.to do.with it, as per this quote. And then today he says he is playing a big role in it.

Which is it?

Either way he is a bad liar....his pants are on fire.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Remember? I had no idea.
Well now you know, Pyke has generally had success where ever he's gone. Didn't do too bad here for a couple years but he lost the players so best to part. Sad part is it has all the makings of being the clubs 'that'll do' moment, hope I'm wrong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back