QAFL 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Any news about NEAFL and impact on QAFL?

you would think a decision on NEAFL should be pending any day. I have heard that some scenarios are being thrown around who knows how concrete they are , but not sure whether all clubs are that keen.

I fear that no NEAFL would simply mean the QAFL premier this year will end up the team with most NEAFL players in it and then come next year teams will have lost blokes (particularly ressies players) that have missed out on a game this year.

So I hope a Neafl of some description runs.

See the NSW Government have given the green light for community football to begin from July 1st , junior and senior levels, kiosk and bar facilities ok , crowds of 500 at the moment but may be extended to 1000 by the time comps kick off.

See the NSW Government have given the green light for community football to begin from July 1st , junior and senior levels, kiosk and bar facilities ok , crowds of 500 at the moment but may be extended to 1000 by the time comps kick off.

gee NSW have come from 4 goals down at 3/4 time vs Qld. They were miles off the pace at one point and now they are New Zealand...

Be nice if we could get a relaxation on training parameters. No contact work 4 weeks out from season makes it a bit nerve racking re injuries.

I'm betting they're hanging out for an early relaxation into stage 3 like we had for stage 2 (which if we were still following the plan would only have come into effect tomorrow), which unless something dramatically bad happens or Anastasia remains inflexible on such matters is becoming more likely by the day.

I'm betting they're hanging out for an early relaxation into stage 3 like we had for stage 2 (which if we were still following the plan would only have come into effect tomorrow), which unless something dramatically bad happens or Anastasia remains inflexible on such matters is becoming more likely by the day.

I think we probably would have been given more relaxation but due to last weekends rally I think State Government playing safe until end of month so they see if any major outbreaks.

But other states already took punt, but we have a nanny running our state.

I think we probably would have been given more relaxation but due to last weekends rally I think State Government playing safe until end of month so they see if any major outbreaks.

But other states already took punt, but we have a nanny running our state.
Boys it's a bit hard to take a punt
With COVID still around
Where not far away from being free of it
NSW STILL HAS 334 active cases running around we have 4
Would you open the boarders
It's close boys

Boys it's a bit hard to take a punt
With COVID still around
Where not far away from being free of it
NSW STILL HAS 334 active cases running around we have 4
Would you open the boarders
It's close boys
My feeling are Stage 2 was due to take 4 weeks so end June probably right for Stage 3 to take effect. I reckon contact training allowed then and maybe a praccie game for 4th July

My feeling are Stage 2 was due to take 4 weeks so end June probably right for Stage 3 to take effect. I reckon contact training allowed then and maybe a praccie game for 4th July

pretty sure AFLQ have said practice games forbidden regardless of if they are actually legal. I could be wrong just what I heard.

in my view if restrictions are eased and you are allowed then why not have a praccy

Have to admit I thought the season was only minimal chance but 8 games plus finals isn’t too bad with a finish in sept. Well done to those who kept the faith. I have to say wasn’t me

Agreed mate, many of us were in the same boat. After only a week and a half of training the momentum has built well. Should be a nice way to see off what we had to endure at the start of this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What is happening with NEAFL. Does it really take this long to work out? I realise that is for a different thread but yes or no will make a massive difference to the QAFL starting in less than 4 weeks. How will the guys missing out feel......and where do they get a game?

What is happening with NEAFL. Does it really take this long to work out? I realise that is for a different thread but yes or no will make a massive difference to the QAFL starting in less than 4 weeks. How will the guys missing out feel......and where do they get a game?
We are hearing that neafl players without a Comp ( if that is happening) are able to play wherever they want.Still no official decision Lb I’d expect it early this week but our boys involved at neafl level are all back training with us!

We are hearing that neafl players without a Comp ( if that is happening) are able to play wherever they want.Still no official decision Lb I’d expect it early this week but our boys involved at neafl level are all back training with us!
Maroochy boys still heading down to Aspley I think NB

I heard Redlands still training as a group but Aspley and Southport training with their QAFL clubs. Cant wait to watch the Wilston Grange Hornets and Broadbeach Sharks

Don’t expect Grange to have much of an Aspley flavour, leaving aside 2/3 blokes who went to Aspley from Grange in the first place.

Certainly no money/contracts available for any Aspley or Redlands player not already training with Grange.

Last edited:
Don’t expect Grange to have much of an Aspley flavour, leaving aside 2/3 blokes who went to Aspley from Grange in the first place.

Certainly no money/contracts available for any Aspley or Redlands player not already training with Grange.

You would like to think not Judge - makes it really tough on those blokes who have done the hard yards over the summer. Couldn't imagine Grange had major coin to throw around if they were selling sanitiser during the CV crisis... :)

You would like to think not Judge - makes it really tough on those blokes who have done the hard yards over the summer. Couldn't imagine Grange had major coin to throw around if they were selling sanitiser during the CV crisis... :)

We actually made a profit of about $15k on that hand sanitiser sale, believe it or not.

We’re going OK off-field at the moment, definitely taking a long term approach on-field but quietly confident of performing pretty well over the shortened season.

Will be interesting to see how clubs go back end of the year and into next year.

A few clubs out there with 'save our club' messages in their fundriasing efforts, yet likely experiencing no significant hardship other than not being able to load up on recruits. Panthers I hear genuinely in a bit of hardship, with a big fat mortgage on some of their club upgrades and having to take on one of the state govt interest free loans.

With NEAFL players all going back, would think Grange and Broady the ones with a truckload of aligned players, and assuming players play for nothing - Grange might have an entire new 22!

We actually made a profit of about $15k on that hand sanitiser sale, believe it or not.

We’re going OK off-field at the moment, definitely taking a long term approach on-field but quietly confident of performing pretty well over the shortened season.
I'm not surprised, I saw how much they were being sold for, wow! But well done for the initiative and capitalising on the situation.

Pokies vs sanitiser in a pandemic...don't think many clubs in a position to point fingers. The old moral compass was broken many years ago.

Pokies vs sanitiser in a pandemic...don't think many clubs in a position to point fingers. The old moral compass was broken many years ago.

Funny how individuals profiting from selling sanitiser has been considered beyond the pale or a terrible thing to do but if a footy club does it it’s a great initiative

Funny how individuals profiting from selling sanitiser has been considered beyond the pale or a terrible thing to do but if a footy club does it it’s a great initiative

I must be missing something here.

Can someone identify for me the ethical or moral dilemna associated with a footy club selling a legal and healthy product on commercial terms to (almost exclusively) club members and supporters for the purpose of replacing revenue lost from other sources during the lockdown?

And, at the same time explain the moral equivalence between selling hand sanitiser and the provision of poker machines?

I assume people realise that the hand sanitiser sold by Grange was not covertly bought in bulk from supermarkets with a view to cornering the market and ripping-off people who suddenly couldn't buy the product elsewhere........

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back