QAFL 2024 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Because they were uncompetitive and didn’t win a game in their initial year and were given a 3 point concession!
versus Sherwood who won 1 game last year? Roos didn't get (or ask) for any concessions 1st year in, not sure why clubs put hand up to come in and then are allowed to say "oh hang on, we made a mistake, we aren't actually going to be that competitive unless you help us out HQ".
Not having a go at your mob NB but ffs surely the comp is overdue to just say to every club " these are the rules around points, everyone is on equal footing, no special backhanders, no "oh you have come from NEAFL so we will treat your players differently" rubbish. Get rid of the salary cap that is farcical and just put in place a hard and fast points system that rewards local growth, rewards clubs who develop an excellent junior program, rewards clubs that create relationships with other clubs in lower divisions to have a two way pathway for players and also allows the recruitment of players from other state leagues / 3rd tier comps interstate. IMO it's not that hard but lets get rid of these stupid "allowances" for specific clubs.

-RVP (Game of the round, will be a great one to watch)

-Broady

-Morningside

-Grange

-Palmy (this will be a pretty decent scoreline you would assume)

-Surfers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im interested to hear your opinions on why a lot of you think Redlands will win the flag this season ,,, and by the looks of the tipping for this round all tipsters so far have selected Redlands to beat Aspley ,, so please throw me your reasons

Im interested to hear your opinions on why a lot of you think Redlands will win the flag this season ,,, and by the looks of the tipping for this round all tipsters so far have selected Redlands to beat Aspley ,, so please throw me your reasons
I really rate Clay Cameron as a player and coming back from SANFL to QAFL I think he could be difference for Redlands. Even though he is a gift at 3 points.

But in saying that Aspley could take them to cleaners as they just get it done in big games of recent years.

Aspley (probably only because it is played at Aspley, nothing scientific)
Broadbeach
Morningside
Wilston Grange
Palm Beach
Surfers

1 or 3 points? It shows that you have 51 not 53. Also, if being uncompetitive warrants a concession, Mt Gravatt is due IMO.

It was 3, scaling back 1 point each year. Grange had the same concession as well.

Noosa getting it after one season is a bit rich. Grange got it after 5 years on or near the bottom, Morningside at the time weren't happy about it either as there was said to be 'no structural reason for them not to be competitive'

transient nature of the Sunny Coast is probably reasonable for a concession to be fair, Hinterland have one in Div 1 as well
Nah thats not a viable reason at all Lensen - both QAFL footy clubs up this way would have 50-100 game players like any other club. And players move on, like they do from GC and Bris sides as well. Think we have rolled that excuse out until we believe it ourselves without ever doing the research into it but it gives clubs a cop out too to blame someone else. Certainly SC is reliant on trades as an industry but it didn't stop Noosa from being a powerhouse in 2000 when the GST came in and smashed the building industry and later in the naughties when the GFC hit Noosa were the strongest they have probably ever been.

Caloundra and Hinterland play in same division, Hinterland gets dispensation because of lack of juniors - in fact last year i'm pretty sure they didn't have a junior boys team at all from 13's or above. Just a senior club really.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back