QFA Div 1

Remove this Banner Ad

So Thommo, running around in a group of 10 was okay but as long as these people met each other randomly, a "coach" didn't set up a message group to get that sorted, but possibly one of the 10 did a ring around and met at Storey bridge for a run. That was ok - but as soon as a coach or S&C person made that phone call it wasn't?? So if you are going to do it be clandestine about it?? I call that nonsensical then (and confusing). Especially as our club gave the tick off on it and I know we have people who are looking across the do's and don'ts pretty carefully.

No.

The directive was really simple. NO TRAINING, not in 2s and not in 10s.

However, government regulations allowed for groups of 2 and then subsequently 10, but this was clarified really clearly that this didn't include community sport or sporting clubs.

Clubs and AFLQ cant control what private citizens do, but there was no suggestion to be clandestine about it, that's just how people who dont mind stuffing it up for the rest of us doing the right thing may have chosen to interpret it.

It was absolutely crystal clear from AFLQ, NO TRAINING.

anyone who misinterpreted that msg did so deliberately as it couldn't have been simpler!

No.

The directive was really simple. NO TRAINING, not in 2s and not in 10s.

However, government regulations allowed for groups of 2 and then subsequently 10, but this was clarified really clearly that this didn't include community sport or sporting clubs.

Clubs and AFLQ cant control what private citizens do, but there was no suggestion to be clandestine about it, that's just how people who dont mind stuffing it up for the rest of us doing the right thing may have chosen to interpret it.

It was absolutely crystal clear from AFLQ, NO TRAINING.

anyone who misinterpreted that msg did so deliberately as it couldn't have been simpler!
Been told our division one fixture could be out as early as this Friday.Hopefully all qfa div 1 clubs are able to compete in what will be a very different season!

some reasonably handy ones they would be... :) and the demise of NEAFL will have helped as well with a few blokes from Noosa in that mix too.
Yesthe tigers should be pretty strong with the four quality seniors heading to trinity beach back here as well as gaining several neafl boys who are ex tigers.Training to begin next Tuesday. Gee the news that the efl and diamond valley leagues pulling the pin is big.Both quality comps with so many clubs involved.Just heard my old club Sorrento in the mpnfl has pulled the pin also with regard to senior footy

So footy training has started good feeling .Buffs started last night 3 groups and all went well .The Covid wasnt to bad first night but it is hard to tell guys to move on .Lets hope the restrictions keep coming down with the big test 100 at a venue

Ther
So footy training has started good feeling .Buffs started last night 3 groups and all went well .The Covid wasnt to bad first night but it is hard to tell guys to move on .Lets hope the restrictions keep coming down with the big test 100 at a venue
There is a draw out but only been sent to presidents/ managers.Possibly only a draft draw at this stage but couldn’t imagine it would be anything other than home away home away for 8 rounds

Not sure have heard qafl,div 1 and div 2 Nth have been sent
Disappointing to hearing about Caloundra pulling the pin for 2020 but can totally understand decision.If not for a club survey that showed more than 80 percent of our members,volunteers and players wanted to play I reckon our ctee might have gone same way as panthers.Be interesting to see if any other division 1 clubs follow suit and should know by Friday as that is when team nominations are due.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm sure they will be planning for 2021 early - the shame is they probably had their best squad assembled for a few years, the best playing numbers in memory, a really good coaching panel and getting ducks in order off field. There was a legitimate feel that they could challenge this year. Doesn't help when you don't have a training venue either...

I'm sure they will be planning for 2021 early - the shame is they probably had their best squad assembled for a few years, the best playing numbers in memory, a really good coaching panel and getting ducks in order off field. There was a legitimate feel that they could challenge this year. Doesn't help when you don't have a training venue either...
Pardon my ignorance but what's the reason for the Caloundra withdrawal?

Pardon my ignorance but what's the reason for the Caloundra withdrawal?

Essentially from reading the previous post they couldn’t see the value of all the costs for 8 week season, plus they have no access to their facility and the load on volunteers.

Probably much the same of every other club probably weighed up. Don’t think they will be the last.

Essentially from reading the previous post they couldn’t see the value of all the costs for 8 week season, plus they have no access to their facility and the load on volunteers.

Probably much the same of every other club probably weighed up. Don’t think they will be the last.

When's the latest clubs have to commit by?

When they say no access to facilities are we talking about the club house or ground?

what are these huge costs? AFLQ have reduced fees by what seems to be as much as 75%, yet are producing 50% of a season.

I don't understand why any club wouldn't want to play?

you would have to speak to each clubs bean counters. As you well know fees is a total figure divisible by the number of players you are predicting will play. If you don't have the numbers then you are miles off the pace. That's just one instance. From my understanding there will be clubs putting sides out there with no guarantee of putting a 2's team on the paddock. That's the call each club will make, no wrong or right imo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back