QFA Div 1

Remove this Banner Ad

NinjaSkrtels

Draftee
Feb 9, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Bit of a go slow on the Div 1 front.

Any movements for clubs that hasn’t been reported?

Beenleigh - loved the buffs in 2020. Fast, exciting and more than up to the level. Only 2-3 top end types from being a genuine threat I feel. Murdoch going around again? Tough pot for recruiting with Pumas only down the road

Springwood - new coach, same cattle? Any whispers here? As long as Page, Bain, Preston-Smith (severely under-rated) & Hooper roll around, they will win more than they lose I’d say

UQ - Mackinley back in charge. Respected figure with great record previously. Let’s hope he attracts some new cattle, activity has been limited so it is hard to get a measure.

Coorparoo - very active on new signings. How much do Grange faces add? Reid & Molan the key 2 for mine, improvers it seems. Disappointing end to 2020 for them

Mayne - Ivers, Coghlan & Ivers back to state league/VFL. Hard to replace but always competitive. Any new faces?

Caloundra - top end looks healthy. Seem to have retained 75% of 2019 senior lineup which makes them a threat. Depth?

Kenmore - Heard that half of premiership team has moved on with Redland, Magpies or retirement. Any new signings? Were active this time last season

Aspley - will the VFL kill out the top end of the seniors with the need for VFL reserves?

All lineups a chance at this stage, nothing jumping out at me that separates anyone from the pack

wannbe

Rookie
Mar 9, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Mayne - Ivers, Coghlan & Ivers back to state league/VFL. Hard to replace but always competitive. Any new faces?

I believe you may have been referring to Craven.

I hear Brown is going around again for Mayne and have picked up Leong from Grange.

NinjaSkrtels

Draftee
Feb 9, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney

I believe you may have been referring to Craven.

I hear Brown is going around again for Mayne and have picked up Leong from Grange.

Haha that is the one!

Leong is a handy inclusion for them

Dusty Pup

Senior List
Sep 29, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
Haha that is the one!

Leong is a handy inclusion for them
Coorparoo looking good be the team to beat next year.

Reid a big inclusion but only played a few games at grange this year?

Leong is a nice inclusion for mayne.

seems like a big clean out at Grange

smy1305

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 27, 2011
Buderim
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Coorparoo looking good be the team to beat next year.

Reid a big inclusion but only played a few games at grange this year?

Leong is a nice inclusion for mayne.

seems like a big clean out at Grange

Originally a Mayne lad wasn't he?
Think Caloundra might be well placed too - coach has good contacts in the Mornington Peninsula and they will be setting themselves for a big year after missing this one. Looks to be a good comp coming up.

wannbe

Rookie
Mar 9, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Originally a Mayne lad wasn't he?

Yes he was, played in the 2015 premiership for Mayne. Got a bit of a raw deal when with the Academy as a kid. Had to move to a QAFL club because of the Academy

Footyboy2020

Senior List
Jun 27, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
Think it’s definitely going to be a competition where you have to be at your best every week otherwise you’ll be beaten. Probably the most even competition top to bottom in my opinion. I’ll have some fun with it and have a pre season ladder prediction (obviously take it with a grain of salt).

Mayne- Even with losing Craven, Ivers & Coughlan they still have a lot of talent on that team and did make the grand final last year. Also the closest anyone got to beating Noosa last year.

Springwood- New Coach, still got a lot of talent on the list, Page, Bain, Hooper, Thompson etc.

Caloundra- Were able to keep the majority of their list by the looks of it which makes them a big chance.

Coorparoo- Some new recruits that will be very handy inclusions, plus the usual standout talent with Enright, the lakes.

Beenleigh- Think they will go very close to making finals this season, some very good very young talent that will just get better, if they can recruit one or two experienced players they will be a very sneaky chance.

UQ- Showed towards the end of last year that they could match up with teams well, and hopefully next year with COVID having less of an impact on terms of universities they may be able to have a stronger team on the park every week.

Aspley- Will lose all those top guys from the past season back to state league/ VFL/EFL whatever you want to call it. But always seemed to still go well even before last year.

Kenmore- Bit of an unknown depending on who they are able to keep/ able to recruit. If they lose those few to Vic Point, morningside & Sherwood like suggested it may be hard for them but if they can keep there list in tact somewhat from last year they should be fine.

Obviously only December so it’s all in good fun guessing a ladder at this stage so don’t take it all to seriously. Like I said though should be the most even comp in 2021 in my opinion.

Footballfreak2019

Cancelled
Nov 17, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Think it’s definitely going to be a competition where you have to be at your best every week otherwise you’ll be beaten. Probably the most even competition top to bottom in my opinion. I’ll have some fun with it and have a pre season ladder prediction (obviously take it with a grain of salt).

Mayne- Even with losing Craven, Ivers & Coughlan they still have a lot of talent on that team and did make the grand final last year. Also the closest anyone got to beating Noosa last year.

Springwood- New Coach, still got a lot of talent on the list, Page, Bain, Hooper, Thompson etc.

Caloundra- Were able to keep the majority of their list by the looks of it which makes them a big chance.

Coorparoo- Some new recruits that will be very handy inclusions, plus the usual standout talent with Enright, the lakes.

Beenleigh- Think they will go very close to making finals this season, some very good very young talent that will just get better, if they can recruit one or two experienced players they will be a very sneaky chance.

UQ- Showed towards the end of last year that they could match up with teams well, and hopefully next year with COVID having less of an impact on terms of universities they may be able to have a stronger team on the park every week.

Aspley- Will lose all those top guys from the past season back to state league/ VFL/EFL whatever you want to call it. But always seemed to still go well even before last year.

Kenmore- Bit of an unknown depending on who they are able to keep/ able to recruit. If they lose those few to Vic Point, morningside & Sherwood like suggested it may be hard for them but if they can keep there list in tact somewhat from last year they should be fine.

Obviously only December so it’s all in good fun guessing a ladder at this stage so don’t take it all to seriously. Like I said though should be the most even comp in 2021 in my opinion.

in no order but
mayne are the obvious early favourites even after losing a few they were a strong side all season & would have to lose a lot more than that to slide down the ladder.

coorparoo & springwood will always be there about’s so will be interesting to see what new talent adds to there group or even returning veteran’s.

aspley may have missed there best chance in 2020 but who knows how the new vfl structure will help/hinder there list.

caloundra based on prior history will be red hot. Did they have many regulars not play at all in 2020? If so interesting to see how that plays out for those blokes & finding form.

not sure on the remaining sides but you just hope beenleigh build on what they started this season.

noosaboy

Club Legend
Jan 20, 2011
Noosa
AFL Club
Collingwood
I see Caloundra have secured the services of ex junior Daniel dzufer.Absolute gun!Just a great get and his leadership and skill will be super for panthers!

Footyboy2020

Senior List
Jun 27, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
I see Caloundra have secured the services of ex junior Daniel dzufer.Absolute gun!Just a great get and his leadership and skill will be super for panthers!
Massive get for Caloundra. Might just push them into favourites for this comp now with that move, especially if Dzufer is even 75% of the player he was a Couple years ago. Just oozes class.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Six or One

Draftee
Dec 27, 2020
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Bit of a go slow on the Div 1 front.

Any movements for clubs that hasn’t been reported?

Beenleigh - loved the buffs in 2020. Fast, exciting and more than up to the level. Only 2-3 top end types from being a genuine threat I feel. Murdoch going around again? Tough pot for recruiting with Pumas only down the road

Springwood - new coach, same cattle? Any whispers here? As long as Page, Bain, Preston-Smith (severely under-rated) & Hooper roll around, they will win more than they lose I’d say

UQ - Mackinley back in charge. Respected figure with great record previously. Let’s hope he attracts some new cattle, activity has been limited so it is hard to get a measure.

Coorparoo - very active on new signings. How much do Grange faces add? Reid & Molan the key 2 for mine, improvers it seems. Disappointing end to 2020 for them

Caloundra - top end looks healthy. Seem to have retained 75% of 2019 senior lineup which makes them a threat. Depth?

Kenmore - Heard that half of premiership team has moved on with Redland, Magpies or retirement. Any new signings? Were active this time last season

Aspley - will the VFL kill out the top end of the seniors with the need for VFL reserves?

All lineups a chance at this stage, nothing jumping out at me that separates anyone from the pack

Be very surprised if Grange faces make any impact at Coorparoo at all.

Any players coming from Grange would have been coached and recruited by the now ex Grange coach.

Who had limited success while coaching them and also failed to get Coorparoo playing finals footy for the first time in 5-6 years.

Jul 16, 2010
moree
AFL Club
Collingwood
To be fair current grange coach didn’t have much luck either, don’t think most coaches would in the short term.

Remove noosa from the equation & you’d be surprised if they don’t play finals in 2021.
Weren’t propped up by local neafl talent either even know they probably would’ve liked to have been.

Be very surprised if Grange faces make any impact at Coorparoo at all.

Any players coming from Grange would have been coached and recruited by the now ex Grange coach.

Who had limited success while coaching them and also failed to get Coorparoo playing finals footy for the first time in 5-6 years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back