QFA Div 2 North

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll bite - I'm with you outandabout! Yes it is selfish. Selfish and incredibly short sighted and stupid. The advice is to isolate. The more people get it the more people die. Why is that so hard to comprehend? In addition to that you add to the economic impact by spreading it further. People need to get past the whole 'it won't happen to me or here' mentality and grow up and start listening.

thats not the advice. the advice is to isolate if you have reason to believe you've had contact with someone, or you are feeling unwell.

Outside that, the advice is to maintain social distancing and to continue to go to work, go to school, go about your day as normal but wash your hands more regularly and stay out of peoples personal space. Which in my mind, most people should be doing that anyway!

Dean warren came out and said training is nor permitted. It’s a bit different to the official statement of strongly recommended. But bottom line is coaches shouldn’t be organising a damn thing right now. Frustratingly so.

Yeah the advice isn’t to isolate. Otherwise we wouldn’t be running schools and other businesses right now. It’s to take care and not to gather in large groups etc. like at Bondi yesterday. Tools.

I'll bite - I'm with you outandabout! Yes it is selfish. Selfish and incredibly short sighted and stupid. The advice is to isolate. The more people get it the more people die. Why is that so hard to comprehend? In addition to that you add to the economic impact by spreading it further. People need to get past the whole 'it won't happen to me or here' mentality and grow up and start listening.
Well you took a big bite mate.

Yeah the advice isn’t to isolate. Otherwise we wouldn’t be running schools and other businesses right now. It’s to take care and not to gather in large groups etc. like at Bondi yesterday. Tools.
And we could use some common sence as well.
But that is sadly lacking in this time.

thats not the advice. the advice is to isolate if you have reason to believe you've had contact with someone, or you are feeling unwell.

Outside that, the advice is to maintain social distancing and to continue to go to work, go to school, go about your day as normal but wash your hands more regularly and stay out of peoples personal space. Which in my mind, most people should be doing that anyway!
The advice changes hourly mate.
So I think footy is on the bottom of the list ATM.

If we weren't isolating we would be training and we wouldn't have limited numbers in rooms. People may not like being told what to do but it needs to happen. Only reason schools are open is it will decimate the health workforce if they send kids home. It's a numbers game

If we weren't isolating we would be training and we wouldn't have limited numbers in rooms. People may not like being told what to do but it needs to happen. Only reason schools are open is it will decimate the health workforce if they send kids home. It's a numbers game
Your right right and right on every point you make.
But getting people to listen is the problem.
Like I said I'll go with the docs advice.

I think footy clubs could hypothetically do this the right way (in a couple of months time)- say enforce training only once a week with no more than X amount of people in one place/drill, shortened games with a large gap in between Seniors and Ressies to mitigate crowds forming and a ban on club functions. Sounds like a miserable way to play footy but I just want to hold onto hope that there's a way we could play sport somehow this year.

Yeah and taking the Government
what did Bond do?

AFL players are only human like community footballers so why should they be able to play and not everyone else?
Reeks of different rules for different fools.

AFL players are only human like community footballers so why should they be able to play and not everyone else?

Far easier to control their exposure than 10,000 park footy players across Australia. If we can somehow keep the virus increase at a steady rate and we don’t get to the point they close gyms etc. I can’t see why they can’t let leagues go ahead with strict restrictions in place - but I very highly doubt it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Untill today when Bondi and several beaches will close.

Wow you still banging on about why were not playing and afl is.
For starters they are professional.
Then could you imagine the cost to local clubs to have fences security, doctors all players tested and everything else you would need to play a game.
All without anyone there to watch.
Any of this making any sence to you.
But don't let facts get in the way of a good whinge.

Wow you still banging on about why were not playing and afl is.
For starters they are professional.
Then could you imagine the cost to local clubs to have fences security, doctors all players tested and everything else you would need to play a game.
All without anyone there to watch.
Any of this making any sence to you.
But don't let facts get in the way of a good whinge.

20 million people. 600 cases not many deaths. Odds are pretty good

Italy - 47,000 cases and 4000 deaths in 4 weeks

Odd's are 600 becomes thousands in a few weeks
Not saying we won't hit those numbers but can't really compare Australia and Italy in any way.... Politically, Medical capability, population, borders etc

20 million people. 600 cases not many deaths. Odds are pretty good
26 million .
As of midnight 900 cases.
175 in New in 12 hours.
That's only the ones they know off.
There are probably hundreds of people who don't even know they have it.
We are at the very beginning of this.
If numbers keep compounding at this rate we are in for a world of hurt.
We haven't done enough to shut the place down.
It's the old we will be right mate attitude that will be our worst nightmare.
Odds are pretty good for what.

This is the wording used on the Australian government website at 6am.
The number of recorded cases has surged past 1000.
So 600 turns into 900 that turns into well over a thousand.
All this in a space of hours not days.
Anyone still think we should be training and playing is an idiot with no concept of what's actually happening.

Not saying we won't hit those numbers but can't really compare Australia and Italy in any way.... Politically, Medical capability, population, borders etc
Agree it's hard to compare.
However we can learn a lot from other countries as they started out the same as us.

Far easier to control their exposure than 10,000 park footy players across Australia. If we can somehow keep the virus increase at a steady rate and we don’t get to the point they close gyms etc. I can’t see why they can’t let leagues go ahead with strict restrictions in place - but I very highly doubt it.

tbh mate I wouldn’t even want to bother. There has to be a level of acceptance to this situation. We are just looking at our major pro spirts as modelling examples. If we used overseas sports then we wouldn’t be having a discussion to be fair. I’ve enjoyed watching the footy over the weekend but really not sure if they should be.
think it’s a really naive thought for some to say “ well it’s not that bad bc we have only had x number of deaths”. This isn’t an isolated medical issue the same as aust weren’t encouraged to go and have unprotected sex during the aids epidemic bc we weren’t as exposed as other countries.
Just get it done I reckon.
As for Regos. Not sure clubs can charge if AFLQ don’t. 😏

Remove this Banner Ad

Back