QFA Div 2 North

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon a lot of players are keen to get back at it.
I think a lot of admin and support staff have mixed feelings.
Like I said it's all well and good to say I'll play.
But the hurdles placed in front of those not pulling on the boots might be just too much to deal with.

A lot of players aren't really across the conditions though Outa- if you start telling them that they come in club kit, play, go home in kit, well I know plenty of blokes up this way that thinks that's puss and wont be playing a 8 week season

A lot of players aren't really across the conditions though Outa- if you start telling them that they come in club kit, play, go home in kit, well I know plenty of blokes up this way that thinks that's puss and wont be playing a 8 week season

I think we will know a bit more after Wednesday Night Presidents online meeting which hopefully we get a bit more clarification around training numbers, crowd participation and protocols etc for game day and training.

I think we can all understand footy will 100% not be the norm this year. There is rumours that the ressies will play and leave the ground before seniors turn up for their game. If that is case I think a lot of players will be reluctant to get out of first gear. Unless there is some relaxation of rules, times of having a beer after game with opposition looks unlikely as well as the Ressies supporting seniors on the hill?

I think we will know a bit more after Wednesday Night Presidents online meeting which hopefully we get a bit more clarification around training numbers, crowd participation and protocols etc for game day and training.

I think we can all understand footy will 100% not be the norm this year. There is rumours that the ressies will play and leave the ground before seniors turn up for their game. If that is case I think a lot of players will be reluctant to get out of first gear. Unless there is some relaxation of rules, times of having a beer after game with opposition looks unlikely as well as the Ressies supporting seniors on the hill?
Would that mean seniors play much later.
If not then the ground is pretty much out of action for any juniors on Saturday.
Not sure how a one oval club can accommodate everyone for a game of footy.
Back to the question who gets priority juniors or seniors.
I'd say your meeting will be quite long.
So many questions and I'm not sure there are any solutions.
Only so much space and time.
Someone has to miss out.

Would that mean seniors play much later.
If not then the ground is pretty much out of action for any juniors on Saturday.
Not sure how a one oval club can accommodate everyone for a game of footy.
Back to the question who gets priority juniors or seniors.
I'd say your meeting will be quite long.
So many questions and I'm not sure there are any solutions.
Only so much space and time.
Someone has to miss out.
I wonder what's going to happen
With the NSW teams in the div 2 south comp?

I reckon a lot of players are keen to get back at it.
I think a lot of admin and support staff have mixed feelings.
Like I said it's all well and good to say I'll play.
But the hurdles placed in front of those not pulling on the boots might be just too much to deal with.

Well nothing has been called off yet and every indication says everyone is trying to power ahead.

Well nothing has been called off yet and every indication says everyone is trying to power ahead.
Agreed everyone will do everything they possibly can.
Would be great to see some local footy.
The question still remains who gets priority juniors or seniors.
Given the restrictions in place this will be a massive juggling act.
Maybe a night comp for seniors leaving ovals free for kids during the day.
I hope what ever they come up with everyone just embraces it and just get on with it.
I'm sure after the meeting on Wednesday everyone will know what's ahead to get things going.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think everyone's club is saying be ready for June 12 (but who is training on a Friday) - real question is is it realistic to get a season up?

and will blokes want to come train and play if they cant hang round for a beer after?

I think everyone's club is saying be ready for June 12 (but who is training on a Friday) - real question is is it realistic to get a season up?

and will blokes want to come train and play if they cant hang round for a beer after?

I'm sure there will still be plenty of people who will be happy to have a run on the park regardless. And clubs would have to be quite cruel/disorganised to tell guys they are coming back to training if they thought they weren't able to accommodate the measures.

How did the meeting go blocker.
Is it realistic and attainable.

Not really much more outlined than what we already know in regards stages and guidelines from Government.

One thing they are trying to get relaxation on more than 20 at training (have a submission with Government for 20 in each third of oval). I asked question to Dean Warren if they don’t get approval then every club has to manage only 20 players on oval at any one time?

Still very demanding as to what is required to get us going?

Not really much more outlined than what we already know in regards stages and guidelines from Government.

One thing they are trying to get relaxation on more than 20 at training (have a submission with Government for 20 in each third of oval). I asked question to Dean Warren if they don’t get approval then every club has to manage only 20 players on oval at any one time?

Still very demanding as to what is required to get us going?

Is it 20 on one oval SM? Thought it was groups of 20 possibly at either end of oval. Yeah that’s not going to work.

Is it 20 on one oval SM? Thought it was groups of 20 possibly at either end of oval. Yeah that’s not going to work.

My connection in the Logan Council sports and rec department said that by July different restrictions will be applied to different industries based on whats minimally viable for that industry to operate properly - so that there isn't a blanket rule like the one that seems to be in place right now.

That is why, to my understanding, AFLQ are pushing ahead the way they are right now. I think you'll find in the 3 weeks we have until 12 June things will change. Because clearly if they don't, there doesnt seem much point.

Have faith!!

Yes mate at this stage only 20 training at the venue.We were told 20 on main oval and no one on back oval.WA and SA can train with 60 at a venue ( on one oval) in groups of 20 ( 20 in fed half,20 in centre,20in back half) AFLQ have applied to state govt to see if this can be granted here also.Be heaps more manageable.Im hearing 2 or 3 division one clubs are pretty pessimistic about having a season in 2020.

Yes mate at this stage only 20 training at the venue.We were told 20 on main oval and no one on back oval.WA and SA can train with 60 at a venue ( on one oval) in groups of 20 ( 20 in fed half,20 in centre,20in back half) AFLQ have applied to state govt to see if this can be granted here also.Be heaps more manageable.Im hearing 2 or 3 division one clubs are pretty pessimistic about having a season in 2020.

It is frustrating that with the exception of Victoria, QLD seems to have some of the strictest restrictions. NSW seem to be all guns blazing with new changes every week

Well whatever happens this year it's going to change next year.
Neafl won't be around.
Afl clubs looking to go to vfl.
Leaves a few clubs looking at qafl and needing ressies.
Then no qafl clubs getting left overs.
Most would be happy about that is say.
What does that mean for aspleys div one side.
Will lift the quality for sure if players stay.
Could very well lose a lot to other comps.
Lots of reasons for that.
I'm wondering if all comps will be reworked.
More to look forward too I suppose.

Neafl won't be around.

They are due to change every comp any way, they do it every year or two regardless...

Neafl won't be around.

Theoretically, their Div 1 Seniors would become their QAFL Reserves. Their Div 1 Reserves would have to drop down to at least Div 2 then, wouldn't they?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back