QFA Div 2 North

Remove this Banner Ad

How has Kedron been effected by the AFLQ wheeling out the rogue elephant 5 years ago. Do you think it’s fair and reasonable to do the same to the Pirates
It's only my personal opinion but here it is.
When kedron had issues there was no promotion relegation system in place.
They also didn't even play in the gf that year.
Not to let them go down one division has put them years backwards .
In my opinion kedron would probably be in division two and looking to go to division one by now.
Instead still in division three and trying hard to go up.
It wasn't an easy decision to go to Friday nite and it's one the club didn't want to do.
But when forced to make a choice they could either fold seniors or start again.
Not really a choice more a matter of survival .
Do I think it's fair and reasonable to do the same to pirates .
The simple answer is no.
Having said that the rules are different now.
I think that all clubs go through tough times and in those times of need we all should do what's in the clubs best interest regardless of rules.
It's not in the games best interest to put clubs to the wall.
Too many clubs over the last few years have folded or struggled to get teams on the paddock.
How is that good for footy in qld.
I think that going into meetings and only having one solution is just pointless.
We must acknowledge that most clubs are run by volunteers and sometimes they make bad decisions .
So do we punish them some more or should we let them learn from their mistakes and hopefully become better for the experience.
Not everything is black and white.
Look at what's happend and work together to get the best result for everyone .
Not everyone will see it this way but I'm a firm believer that when people come to you with serious issues we all should consider the options so a positive solution can be achieved.
I have no affiliation with any other club but people should think what if it happens to us.
How would you like to be treated.
I'm sure it's going to happen again and to deal with it the same way is an easy cop out.

According to aflq statement about park ridge there will be no further changes to div 1 2 and 3 no matter what park ridge do.
That's nice that you were in div 3 wait untill your in higher divisions and see how you go when you want move down a division to save your club.
You will soon find out how it feels.

No idea what you are say8ng here outabout??? On the one hand you are calling for all clubs to stand their ground, don’t move divisions etc. play by the rules in place. On the other you are advocating for park ridge to breaking those rules by opting to play where they want To play irrespective of the consequences to the greater competitions?? Are you saying some rules should be adhered to whilst others, if people put a case together, should be stretched? No wonder people at Headquarters go crazy with club interests being put 1st, 2nd and 3rd....

Like has already been mentioned, park ridge we’re talking up going into div 1 as recently as presentation night. They won the GF. They recruited heavily to do this in 2018. The rules r3gRding promotion/relegation never changed throughout the year. Bond uni spent a year in div 1 in 2017 and got pole axed, they didn’t disintegrate as a footy club when they went back. Same sort of age bracket as park ridge. Let’s not make this a David and Goliath story.

In my opinion kedron would probably be in division two and looking to go to division one by now.
It wasn't an easy decision to go to Friday nite and it's one the club didn't want to do.
The simple answer is no.
I think that all clubs go through tough times and in those times of need we all should do what's in the clubs best interest regardless of rules.
Too many clubs over the last few years have folded or struggled to get teams on the paddock.
I think that going into meetings and only having one solution is just pointless.
We must acknowledge that most clubs are run by volunteers and sometimes they make bad decisions .
So do we punish them some more or should we let them learn from their mistakes and hopefully become better for the experience.
Not everyone will see it this way but I'm a firm believer that when people come to you with serious issues we all should consider the options so a positive solution can be achieved.
I have no affiliation with any other club but people should think what if it happens to us.
I'm sure it's going to happen again and to deal with it the same way is an easy cop out.

Tough times financially is very different to tough times personnel wise.

I do have empathy but really, this situation now causes disruption to every comp, both div 2 and 1.

No idea what you are say8ng here outabout??? On the one hand you are calling for all clubs to stand their ground, don’t move divisions etc. play by the rules in place. On the other you are advocating for park ridge to breaking those rules by opting to play where they want To play irrespective of the consequences to the greater competitions?? Are you saying some rules should be adhered to whilst others, if people put a case together, should be stretched? No wonder people at Headquarters go crazy with club interests being put 1st, 2nd and 3rd....

Like has already been mentioned, park ridge we’re talking up going into div 1 as recently as presentation night. They won the GF. They recruited heavily to do this in 2018. The rules r3gRding promotion/relegation never changed throughout the year. Bond uni spent a year in div 1 in 2017 and got pole axed, they didn’t disintegrate as a footy club when they went back. Same sort of age bracket as park ridge. Let’s not make this a David and Goliath story.
What I'm saying is if the aflq want to make decisions based only on the rules then clubs should say no to any requests made to them.
If the aflq want to make decisions on what's best for the code and club then everyone needs to be a bit understanding .
Yes park ridge did well and according to a few paid good money to do it.
Now the coach has left and half the players.
A decision I'm sure they are questioning now.
So let's bag them and sink the boot in as well.
How the hell is that going to achieve anything
Div one now has a bye and will do for ever more untill it happens again if the rules are adhered to.
That comp will become very small and if you go by the rules there's nothing can be done about it.
Stop thinking about today and look ahead.
So from now on any club in any division who hits hard times are going out or Friday nite.
It's that sort of thinking that frustrates the s**t out of me.
So with that logic and past history of clubs really struggling at times Friday nite footy will continue to grow and other divisions will be depleted over time.
That sounds like a great business model.
But hey let's all be selfish and only look after ourselves.
Only when there's no one to play will you understand the narrow minded decisions that got you there.
If the folk at aflq are confused and don't know what to do then it's time to move onto another job.

The simple answer is no.
Well said

What I'm saying is if the aflq want to make decisions based only on the rules then clubs should say no to any requests made to them.
If the aflq want to make decisions on what's best for the code and club then everyone needs to be a bit understanding .
Yes park ridge did well and according to a few paid good money to do it.
Now the coach has left and half the players.
A decision I'm sure they are questioning now.
So let's bag them and sink the boot in as well.
How the hell is that going to achieve anything
Div one now has a bye and will do for ever more untill it happens again if the rules are adhered to.
That comp will become very small and if you go by the rules there's nothing can be done about it.
Stop thinking about today and look ahead.
So from now on any club in any division who hits hard times are going out or Friday nite.
It's that sort of thinking that frustrates the s**t out of me.
So with that logic and past history of clubs really struggling at times Friday nite footy will continue to grow and other divisions will be depleted over time.
That sounds like a great business model.
But hey let's all be selfish and only look after ourselves.
Only when there's no one to play will you understand the narrow minded decisions that got you there.
If the folk at aflq are confused and don't know what to do then it's time to move onto another job.

Disagree.
U make out that going down a division is the death knell of a footy club. Yeronga will have an opportunity to regroup. Div 1 will have a bye, as would have div 2 if park ridge were successful in their bid.
Aflq need to ensure clubs don’t pick and choose where they play once the rules are in place. Be damn anarchy if that was the case.

Disagree.
U make out that going down a division is the death knell of a footy club. Yeronga will have an opportunity to regroup. Div 1 will have a bye, as would have div 2 if park ridge were successful in their bid.
Aflq need to ensure clubs don’t pick and choose where they play once the rules are in place. Be damn anarchy if that was the case.
Don't know how you came up with that.
Going down a division in most cases is going to save the footy club.
That was exactly my point.
Only a club in desperate need of help goes to aflq.
The job they get paid to do is to help.
But unfortunately if your not a qafl or neafl club then your on your own.
Why do you think aspley pushed for the new system.
Under the old one they wouldn't be in div one today .
Like I said look at the big picture and see who's benefiting.
Your answer lies there.

No doubt terrible for Park Ridge being the ones to cop it but long term for footy in Queensland think it's good for AFLQ to hold the line

Should hopefully discourage the short term unsustainable methods of trying to challenge for a flag in Lower divisions and encourage clubs being sustainable

Not across the specifics here and if money etc was involved but the culture of the last five years of looking at the lower divs from the outside of groups of players following coaches everywhere and leaving clubs in turmoil when they leave has been a big change to Qld footy culture and a massive detriment imo

Was getting players in from the other side of town ever sustainable? Probably not. The pirates sound like all their players are gone . So a year in div 4 then come back to div 3 probably is not a bad outcome ?

Was getting players in from the other side of town ever sustainable? Probably not. The pirates sound like all their players are gone . So a year in div 4 then come back to div 3 probably is not a bad outcome ?

Or will their seniors fold like the Suns because it is all too hard?

No doubt terrible for Park Ridge being the ones to cop it but long term for footy in Queensland think it's good for AFLQ to hold the line

Should hopefully discourage the short term unsustainable methods of trying to challenge for a flag in Lower divisions and encourage clubs being sustainable

Not across the specifics here and if money etc was involved but the culture of the last five years of looking at the lower divs from the outside of groups of players following coaches everywhere and leaving clubs in turmoil when they leave has been a big change to Qld footy culture and a massive detriment imo

Agree lensen. Was always going to be an issue but I think that bomber not going on wasn’t part of the plan in fairness.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

David ‘tinman’ Carroll appointed senior coach of Gympie/Pomona.ex Noosa reserve grade , third division and under 18s coach.very passionate footy person who will give it everything can’t wait to listen to one of his qtr or three qtr time talks always entertaining

David ‘tinman’ Carroll appointed senior coach of Gympie/Pomona.ex Noosa reserve grade , third division and under 18s coach.very passionate footy person who will give it everything can’t wait to listen to one of his qtr or three qtr time talks always entertaining

Haha. Those with a a little bit of insight will ensure they stand towards the back of the huddle, avoiding all spittle. Good on him, great fella.

Last edited:
Understand the Tigers unsuccessfully pursued a number of Sandgate players. In fact, I believe a few have gone the other way.

i bet you cant name one thats gone from redcliffe to sandgate.
wouldnt blame sandgate players leaving. would be good to say you won more then 3 games in two years. does anyone in sandgate even know the team song? at least the bar is keeping them a float from sales made due to downing there sorrows.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back