QFA Div 2 North

Remove this Banner Ad

Almost correct.....Baeumler,Irwin both outstanding through out the whole game JR was solid as always along with Beau silvey. Luke Davies and Belly Nizigama outright superstars yesterday and should definitely be playing at a higher level but are definitely a must keep for the Roosters for 2020 Western Magpies must surely attempt to sign these 2 guns for their own future.

Roosters were terrific overall and we got out of jail they definitely were the better team for the last 3 quarters
Roosters certainly big improvers, as are Nambour, will be a battle for 5th between them.

Roosters certainly big improvers, as are Nambour, will be a battle for 5th between them.
It will be an interesting battle that is for sure!

Be interesting to see if Redcliffe can get back into that contention also.

Seems as though the top spot has been sorted, and the next 3 have firmly found their footing on the ladder - interesting to see how it will finish up at years end.

First time we have played wynumm mate. Rules state white for away games
Mate we dont have a colour clash with any team in the comp and on those grounds have been given permission from the powers to be to wear our blue shorts. Have done so for a few years now.

Seeing in the reserves nambour only beat jindalee by 10 points when most sides have been putting on cricket scores on them. So they must have up some top end talent because it hasn't trickled down to the 2s
Jindalee will improve every week. I applaud them coming from div 5 to div 3 and put 2 teams on the park. They will be good in years to come.

and a Colts team

They could have taken the easy road and just had Div 3 and used their colts to boost numbers

and a Colts team

They could have taken the easy road and just had Div 3 and used their colts to boost numbers
I said the same thing earlier in the year.
I watched their Colts play and if they keep the ones who have to move on then they will climb ladders quicker than others.
The first couple of years are going to be hard but i think the rewards will come.
They will play finals before a few other clubs in this comp.

I watched their Colts play and if they keep the ones who have to move on then they will climb ladders quicker than others.
The first couple of years are going to be hard but i think the rewards will come.
Agree, plenty of youth talent coming through, they just need to find a big boys ground

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think with points system coming in next year, any club without Colts as a minimum cannot survive if the totals are set at 38 Points for North and South Competitions.

Not sure where you muster 1 point players otherwise? Clubs not starting to plan for future now will struggle.

I think with points system coming in next year, any club without Colts as a minimum cannot survive if the totals are set at 38 Points for North and South Competitions.

Not sure where you muster 1 point players otherwise? Clubs not starting to plan for future now will struggle.

While we don’t have colts I think the benefit of not having brought players in the last few years will help us when the points cap comes in.

As I think there is going to be value in having a senior team currently with 15 odd blokes having played at the club for 3-5 years and longer.

Obviously the ins and out of it will depend on whether there will be reduced points for those players. One can only hope!

In the 3rd season with a club, your point value reduces by 1 point and 1 point fort every subsequent year

SO someone thats been there 5 years is likely to be a 1 pointer, or 2 at the most.

Colts doesn't help you, as Colts is not considered junior footy. If you get a kid over for your Colts from another club, they will still be a 2 or 3 pointer depending what they were doing before. Likely a 2 pointer (only a 3 if they played seniors before, which would be unlikely if they are moving over to play Colts)

While we don’t have colts I think the benefit of not having brought players in the last few years will help us when the points cap comes in.

As I think there is going to be value in having a senior team currently with 15 odd blokes having played at the club for 3-5 years and longer.

Obviously the ins and out of it will depend on whether there will be reduced points for those players. One can only hope!
Depending on which club it is Eg pinerivers as I’ve been told would be sitting on 24 points but are currently winless. Not sure if the remaining 12 points to spend would be enough for them to be competitive and win some games in 2020

Depending on which club it is Eg pinerivers as I’ve been told would be sitting on 24 points but are currently winless. Not sure if the remaining 12 points to spend would be enough for them to be competitive and win some games in 2020

How would your senior team look at 38 points? I'm guessing a fair bit weaker...

How would your senior team look at 38 points? I'm guessing a fair bit weaker...
No where near where it is now, I’m not bagging I’m just saying as an eg 15 odd blokes playing at one club for 3-5 years dosnt necessary mean value it just means it’s easier to fit under 38

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back