Question for Coburg Followers

eays

All Australian
Mar 16, 2006
ringwood
AFL Club
Richmond
I've only seen them play twice this year. Both times clearly the best player for them was the bloke called NEVILLE. He has looked quite good. Good vision and kicking. Seems to find the hard ball and isnt slow (not overly quick either). And looks a pretty decent size.

Wondering what those more astute followers of the Burgers thought of him? Would be be worth giving a spot on the list next year.

Doubt he'll develop into a superstar, but he does look like he could be a very good depth player. That sort of "another willing soldier" type of player, if that makes sense.

In the first game i saw i thought he was clearly better than Howat, and Howat has really suprised me at AFL level. In many ways they'd probably be playing for the same type of spot at AFL level, but surely the depth would be useful.

Neville certainly looked a lot better than the likes of Humm, Rodan and Roach.

Then again perhaps my assessment based on limited game viewing is wrong and he is just the type that will always be a good VFL player but not make the step up. But i just dont think so though, i think he could be very useful.

Neville played down at Oakleigh Chargers and did superbly. Unfortunately he looked a classic 'tweener' (in between positions). He is not quite tall enough to be a KP type, he doesn't quite win enough footy to be a midfielder, and he might not be quick enough to play HBF.

His best role is the guy who links up and runs the ball out of defence. Like a lot of 'defenders' in modern footy he can have 20, 30 touch games across half-back.

He went to the Ammos for a year, then to Box Hill under Andy Collins. When Collins got the Coburg job he brought Neville and Howat with him. Neville and Howat basically had a head-to-head contest for the last rookie spot with Howat just pipping it.

Neville has probably slightly edged Howat all season.

I doubt Neville would disapoint if he got a spot. On the other hand with Bowden, Bowden, JON, Casserley, Newman, Raines, White, Hartigan, Howat all in contention for those running defender slots he may simply not get a chance at Richmond.

Weaver said:
Neville played down at Oakleigh Chargers and did superbly. Unfortunately he looked a classic 'tweener' (in between positions). He is not quite tall enough to be a KP type, he doesn't quite win enough footy to be a midfielder, and he might not be quick enough to play HBF.

Alot like Brendan Goddard???

Back