Game Day Round 2 Tigers VFL v Coburg 2:05pm Saturday 1st April

Remove this Banner Ad

Where has anyone said that?
Just ignore the hyperbole mate
No point trying to discuss with people who aren’t willing to engage in good faith

Miller is doing himself no harm with his ruckwork, really taps it to advantage and great pressure at ground level and has great speed, but his marking is almost non existent. He marks okay as a back but if he wants to make it as a ruck forward he better start taking some grabs. Bit of a pity he hasn't got a bit more swagger and key forward/ruck mongrel.
One thing I have noticed with Miller (saying this as a massive fan) but he does get a lot of his marks when he is playing as a spare down back or off his man
Really does need to continue to work on his ability to mark in contested situations to be a starting member of the 22

The pros still outweigh his cons with him but definitely still room for improvement

Been trying to think who Kaelen Bradtke reminds me of.

Watching his running gate and style I think it’s a young G TRAIN Fraser Gehrig.

Same height.. obviously Bradtke needs to eat the bench press to get anywhere near frases strength. But Gherig was unbelievably nimble and light on his feet for a bloke at 195cm and there’s some similarities Bradtke shares with that.

One thing I have noticed with Miller (saying this as a massive fan) but he does get a lot of his marks when he is playing as a spare down back or off his man
Really does need to continue to work on his ability to mark in contested situations to be a starting member of the 22

The pros still outweigh his cons with him but definitely still room for improvement

Miller is a VFL player at best.

Woeful set shot and consistently gets outmarked in defense.

Been trying to think who Kaelen Bradtke reminds me of.

Watching his running gate and style I think it’s a young G TRAIN Fraser Gehrig.

Same height.. obviously Bradtke needs to eat the bench press to get anywhere near frases strength. But Gherig was unbelievably nimble and light on his feet for a bloke at 195cm and there’s some similarities Bradtke shares with that.
we have a G train in the AFLW side already

Miller is a VFL player at best.

Woeful set shot and consistently gets outmarked in defense.
I’m a little bit more optimistic and think he can find himself as a regular in the afl side, his flexibility as swing man who can also hold is own in the ruck can’t be underestimated

But that may be also due to the fact he doesn’t really stand out in any position either

But definitely will never be your keystone of the back or forward line

I’m a little bit more optimistic and think he can find himself as a regular in the afl side, his flexibility as swing man who can also hold is own in the ruck can’t be underestimated

But that may be also due to the fact he doesn’t really stand out in any position either

But definitely will never be your keystone of the back or forward line
Between his ears. He needs more vigour in his game full stop. Imagine if half the key forwards in the league had his athletic ability.

Between his ears. He needs more vigour in his game full stop. Imagine if half the key forwards in the league had his athletic ability.
Agreed, but not sure if he’s got it in him.
You look at guys like Grimes who attack every aerial contest with vigour and are filthy if beaten. Can you teach that?

Huge Miller fan but agree.Needs to work on his contested stuff.Marking & Spoiling.

Has Bradtke got a leap?
Not really, seems a lead out type who can cover the ground well.
Bauer is better overhead with not a bad leap. Goes for his marks very aggressively as well. Plenty of key forwards are his size as well.

But realistically if we are hoping these two replace Jack or Lynch then that's a lot of hope. Jack R was a star at their ages and given there are so few 'star' forwards around these days it would be a rocket like trajectory to see them lining up forward for the next 5 years.

Bauer looks the most likely at the moment to me, but then again Bradtke hasn't played a lot of footy and look where Tyler Young is playing right now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not really, seems a lead out type who can cover the ground well.
Bauer is better overhead with not a bad leap. Goes for his marks very aggressively as well. Plenty of key forwards are his size as well.

But realistically if we are hoping these two replace Jack or Lynch then that's a lot of hope. Jack R was a star at their ages and given there are so few 'star' forwards around these days it would be a rocket like trajectory to see them lining up forward for the next 5 years.

Bauer looks the most likely at the moment to me, but then again Bradtke hasn't played a lot of footy and look where Tyler Young is playing right now.
Bradtke has quite a high ceiling because he's so raw. That's not to say he'll make it though, but definitely was the right choice for that last list spot.

Bauer projects more as a potentially handy third tall, but is never going to be a star.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back