General Bombers Talk Questions and discussions that don't warrant a thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep :) It's interesting how it changes over the year too. I went back to find the scores for each quarter and derived the percentages in the table below. (100% is both teams scoring the same amount in a given quarter, 500% means we scored 5x what they did in that quarter, and 50% means we scored half what they did.)

Our Q2s were crap at the start of the year, and when we lifted in that area we started losing the fourth quarters. Then we had that block of tough games which shot our averages to pieces. The St Kilda game is the first game where we've won all four quarters, and actually other than the Brisbane game we haven't lost a fourth quarter since Round 10. Last week every quarter was better than the last :)

I also added the overall result and the number of quarters won or lost, which is a vaguely interesting (if obvious) correlation.

View attachment 396819
That is fabulous! They are conclusions to be drawn that seem kind of obvious when you look (especially on a game by game basis), and yet seeing all the games together is fascinating. Quite mesmerising:)

Hey guys. Sorry for the intrusion. I was just wondering if there is any member not going next week who I could potentially borrow the barcode for or buy tickets off for next weeks Adelaide game??

Flying over for the game but can only seem to get 3-4 seats together on level three which isn't ideal.

Anyone know how I can get better seats and if it's possible?

Hey guys. Sorry for the intrusion. I was just wondering if there is any members not going next week who I could potentially borrow the barcode for or buy tickets off for next weeks Adelaide game??

Flying over for the game but can only seem to get 3-4 seats together on level three which isn't ideal.

Yeah sure random stranger just have my membership barcode!

Hey guys. Sorry for the intrusion. I was just wondering if there is any member not going next week who I could potentially borrow the barcode for or buy tickets off for next weeks Adelaide game??

Have you been to Etihad before? Level 3 isn't too bad, especially on the wing and close to the front if you can get it.

Have you been to Etihad before? Level 3 isn't too bad, especially on the wing and close to the front if you can get it.
Thanks mate. I have but not for a while. Just remember level three being a real 'birds eye view' type set up. Would just prefer level one if possible, just as a personal preference more than anything.

Just wanted to see if anyone knew of a better way to get these tickets? Or if the club will release more tickets before next Saturday night?

Yeah sure random stranger just have my membership barcode!
Sorry I should have been clearer. I meant whether there was anyone who wasn't using their's who could still use it to get tickets, then I purchase the tickets off them.

Or perhaps more so if anyone knows if the club will release more tickets closer to the date perhaps?

Appreciate the help.

Thanks mate. I have but not for a while. Just remember level three being a real 'birds eye view' type set up. Would just prefer level one if possible, just as a personal preference more than anything.

Just wanted to see if anyone knew of a better way to get these tickets? Or if the club will release more tickets before next Saturday night?

Virtually every seat on level one is a reserved members area. If they are released, it's by members on a resale, so you'd be taking a punt that members didn't want to go.

Last game , would I need to book tickets or rock up and buy.
Have two triple head mates [west oz fans] coming over, info handy, thank my fellow Bomber fans in advance.

New bubble chart, this one is specifically about Essendon's games in 2017. The scales are the same as previous bubble charts but the numbers vary more wildly because they are stats from each game, rather than season averages.

Best games are upper right with bigger bubbles. Green are wins, red are losses. Forward efficiency is a score based on our scoring shots per inside fifty by the conversion rate, defence is the same calculation using our opponents stats in each game. Bubble size is clearance differential, big bubble means we won more of the clearances than our opponent.

Our season average is a bubble the size of the Round 4 Adelaide one, three squares left of the Hawthorn bubble. Interestingly, our clearance differential is 0.00, we've won as many clearances as we've lost over the course of the season.

Minnow red bubble near R6 Melbourne is R19 Western Bulldogs. The legend on the right is an interesting sort of form guide I suppose - we've won four of our last five.

Screen Shot 2017-08-11 at 3.33.06 pm.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back