General Bombers Talk Questions and discussions that don't warrant a thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Can someone do a phantom Essendon team?
A side we technically would/should've had without the effects of the drugs saga - etc. Players who left, stripped draft selections - players we would probably have picked.
A possible side from the last 10 years including those like Saad Daniher Fantasia etc.
Okay, based on that we still lose Ryder, Melksham and Crameri (Ryder for his... Indescresions, the other two based on contract stuff), but assuming we get the same trades as then (so we keep pick 10 and 28 in 2013, lose pick 19 but gain picks 11 and 29 in 2014) based on rumours. We also don't crash and burn 2015 probably, so maybe pick 12 (pushed out to 14/15) or so and that's where I'm willing to finish this hypothetical:

2013 draft: Patrick Cripps (pick 10), Zach Merrett (pick 26), Rory Lobb (pick 28), Orazio Fantasia (pick 55)
2014 draft: Lachlan Weller (pick 11), Kyle Langford (pick 17), Connor Blakely (pick 29)
2015 draft: Daniel Rioli (pick 15, ugh), Mason Redman (pick 29), Harley Balic (pick 37)

So our theoretical 22 for season 2019, assuming we still make the Smith and Saad trades, but don't get McGrath (cos no saga), Begley, Shiel or Stringer:

FB: Michael Hurley - Jake Carlisle - Adam Saad
HB: Jordan Ridley - Patrick Ambrose - Michael Hibberd
MF: Kyle Langford - Patrick Cripps - Zach Merrett
HF: Conor McKenna - Joe Daniher - Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti
FF: Orazio Fantasia - Cale Hooker - Rory Lobb
OB: Tom Bellchambers - Lachlan Weller - Devon Smith
IC: Dyson Heppell - David Zaharakis - Mason Redman - Jye Caldwell

Okay, based on that we still lose Ryder, Melksham and Crameri (Ryder for his... Indescresions, the other two based on contract stuff), but assuming we get the same trades as then (so we keep pick 10 and 28 in 2013, lose pick 19 but gain picks 11 and 29 in 2014) based on rumours. We also don't crash and burn 2015 probably, so maybe pick 12 (pushed out to 14/15) or so and that's where I'm willing to finish this hypothetical:

2013 draft: Patrick Cripps (pick 10), Zach Merrett (pick 26), Rory Lobb (pick 28), Orazio Fantasia (pick 55)
2014 draft: Lachlan Weller (pick 11), Kyle Langford (pick 17), Connor Blakely (pick 29)
2015 draft: Daniel Rioli (pick 15, ugh), Mason Redman (pick 29), Harley Balic (pick 37)

So our theoretical 22 for season 2019, assuming we still make the Smith and Saad trades, but don't get McGrath (cos no saga), Begley, Shiel or Stringer:

FB: Michael Hurley - Jake Carlisle - Adam Saad
HB: Jordan Ridley - Patrick Ambrose - Michael Hibberd
MF: Kyle Langford - Patrick Cripps - Zach Merrett
HF: Conor McKenna - Joe Daniher - Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti
FF: Orazio Fantasia - Cale Hooker - Rory Lobb
OB: Tom Bellchambers - Lachlan Weller - Devon Smith
IC: Dyson Heppell - David Zaharakis - Mason Redman - Jye Caldwell
Thanks Eth! I certainly wouldn't have had that knowledge to figure that out.

Me and my brother are Bronze home and away members... What are the chances of us getting ANZAC tickets? If not super slim, what's the process going to be?
Should get a club email soon, I'd have thought we'd have got them later this week but it hasn't materialised.

Collingwood fans probably get first dibs though and then bronze away reserved seats get priority 2 of what's left (after High Mark and Silver Members, before GA members and public sale).

From the last several weeks, maybe tickets go on sale for members on Tuesday? So maybe Wednesday morning for us, after the Collingwood supporters?

Should get a club email soon, I'd have thought we'd have got them later this week but it hasn't materialised.

Collingwood fans probably get first dibs though and then bronze away reserved seats get priority 2 of what's left (after High Mark and Silver Members, before GA members and public sale).

From the last several weeks, maybe tickets go on sale for members on Tuesday? So maybe Wednesday morning for us, after the Collingwood supporters?
Thank you! Ill take that as a slim to none haha

What the actual eff? Why are we playing at the peasant country ground in round 14? Surely we're taking the country game a little too far? How many seats available for Essendon fans?
What am I missing? What league are we talking about?

What the actual eff? Why are we playing at the peasant country ground in round 14? Surely we're taking the country game a little too far? How many seats available for Essendon fans?
Because it's a Geelong home game and their home ground is in Geelong?

It's actually ridiculous that we haven't played there since 1993.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because it's a Geelong home game and their home ground is in Geelong?

It's actually ridiculous that we haven't played there since 1993.
Nah. Its ridiculous the ground hasn't been upgraded in keeping with suitability for the league. Shouldn't have to play at a VFL venue. Next we'll be playing in Ballarat or Morwell or some bull dust.

Is it possible to get into the MCG using MCC and then just walk out into general admission? I knew it use to be possible but I haven't been to the G in a few years and I'm wondering if anyone has experience with this (especially with presumably new COVID restrictions put in place)

Is it possible to get into the MCG using MCC and then just walk out into general admission? I knew it use to be possible but I haven't been to the G in a few years and I'm wondering if anyone has experience with this (especially with presumably new COVID restrictions put in place)
COVID is still fully ticketed, including GA, so I'd say no. At Marvel they have taped off each section of the stands (maybe 4-6 bays worth) so that you couldn't come into contact with too many other patrons, and all the people in your section used the same bar, shop and toilets. You're also not supposed to be loitering in the concourse, there's four reasons to leave your seat or something. I'd expect the COVID-safe plan to be similar at the G.

Once they stop fully ticketing everything and you can get in with your membership card though it should be fine to just walk out into GA.

COVID is still fully ticketed, including GA, so I'd say no. At Marvel they have taped off each section of the stands (maybe 4-6 bays worth) so that you couldn't come into contact with too many other patrons, and all the people in your section used the same bar, shop and toilets. You're also not supposed to be loitering in the concourse, there's four reasons to leave your seat or something. I'd expect the COVID-safe plan to be similar at the G.

Once they stop fully ticketing everything and you can get in with your membership card though it should be fine to just walk out into GA.

Thanks for the response - super frustrating but understand why they do it!

This may have been answered, but when Judd was considering Essendon to come to when he left West Coast was there ever any speculation as to who we would have traded away to get him? Don’t remember that time and I don’t know if we were ever seriously in the running. Just came up in a chat I’m in

This may have been answered, but when Judd was considering Essendon to come to when he left West Coast was there ever any speculation as to who we would have traded away to get him? Don’t remember that time and I don’t know if we were ever seriously in the running. Just came up in a chat I’m in
It was going to be a similar deal IIRC. Gumbleton, picks 6 and 23 (Myers and Pears) for Judd and a later pick.

How does one change one’s username? I’ve done it before but forgot.

Following on from the Hub last year the Club was going to increase the level of some memberships and send out a signed jumper. I can remember getting an email and logging on and choosing a Walla signed jumper but haven't heard anything since and cannot find the email. Am I going crazy and just imagine that?

Thanks for the response - super frustrating but understand why they do it!
🤔 I don't. Most travel by public transport & mill around the stadium to get in through the gate like cattle 😂🤣. Same thing happens afterwards, but travelling home.
On the other hand, they build a stadium of 100,000 in outer NSW just to tear it down for housing estate, but can't seem to justify 100,000 seater for Perth.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back