General Bombers Talk Questions and discussions that don't warrant a thread

Remove this Banner Ad

What's with all the double posting today?
Some sort of server error, that tells you there's an error when there isn't one so you try again and then it's there 3 times 🤷‍♀️

Jun 7, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Falcons
I didn't realise we had as much support as we did in Tassie. I'm loathe to lose a home game away from Melbourne, but is it worth taking a fixture against a low drawing non-Victorian team (GWS/Freo) to Hobart? Or are we contractually obligated to play all of our home games in Melbourne?

I didn't realise we had as much support as we did in Tassie. I'm loathe to lose a home game away from Melbourne, but is it worth taking a fixture against a low drawing non-Victorian team (GWS/Freo) to Hobart? Or are we contractually obligated to play all of our home games in Melbourne?
I wouldn’t want to lose a home game but I reckon when we have return fixtures against Vic clubs we could look at a gate split arrangement, one in Melbourne and one on the road.

acm21

Club Legend
May 7, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
I wouldn’t want to lose a home game but I reckon when we have return fixtures against Vic clubs we could look at a gate split arrangement, one in Melbourne and one on the road.
You would think any home games taken interstate would be taken from the mcg allocation.

You would think any home games taken interstate would be taken from the mcg allocation.
I would expect that it would be decided between the two clubs. If you’re only playing Richmond in Melbourne once a year it’ll be at the G. If our home game against Hawthorn is moved then the remaining one will be at the G, because that’s Hawthorn’s home ground. If their game is moved probably we play the remaining one at Marvel as our home game. Maybe it alternates year about too.

As far as I’m concerned I’m happy enough to lose my away access games as long as I still get 11 “home” games in Melbourne as part of my membership.

And that would also make it fair with interstate teams too, who ordinarily only get about 12 games in their home states (11 home games and the return fixture against their local opponent).

acm21

Club Legend
May 7, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
I would expect that it would be decided between the two clubs. If you’re only playing Richmond in Melbourne once a year it’ll be at the G. If our home game against Hawthorn is moved then the remaining one will be at the G, because that’s Hawthorn’s home ground. If their game is moved probably we play the remaining one at Marvel as our home game. Maybe it alternates year about too.

As far as I’m concerned I’m happy enough to lose my away access games as long as I still get 11 “home” games in Melbourne as part of my membership.

And that would also make it fair with interstate teams too, who ordinarily only get about 12 games in their home states (11 home games and the return fixture against their local opponent).
I do like your idea, it's the fairer way to do it. My suggestion about the mcg game being taken away was from the pov of if an essendon game got moved interstate it would likely (due to the docklands deal) be a game at the mcg.

I do like your idea, it's the fairer way to do it. My suggestion about the mcg game being taken away was from the pov of if an essendon game got moved interstate it would likely (due to the docklands deal) be a game at the mcg.
The idea of a gate split is that we'd also split the remaining home game (like as a 'replacement' game for the away team) so theoretically at least we should lose home and away games at both venues relatively equally.

raskolnikov

Cancelled
10k Posts 30k Posts Wordler Werewolf Player Essendon Player Sponsor 2021 - Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti and Archie Perkins Essendon Player Sponsor 2020 Essendon Player Sponsor 2019 Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds
Apr 1, 2002
Cap Coast
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Gold Coast Suns
Anyone else seeing these ads for crypto scams? I get the site needs ads to make money but you’d hope they’d be a little more discerning than this.

93CCF875-CC98-4BEC-BF64-571591031919.jpg

Anyone else seeing these ads for crypto scams? I get the site needs ads to make money but you’d hope they’d be a little more discerning than this.

View attachment 1201501
We don't pick the ads. Each page impression is put in the market and the highest bidder gets the spot.

Each ad should have a little option in the top right for you to report it to Google or whoever is serving it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jan 21, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
For the love of Jobe Watson, can anyone else who uses tapatalk tell me if there's a way to turn off the god forsaken 'player card' thing that automatically shows up whenever there's a player's full name written in a post? So so sooo much unnecessary and frustrating scrolling

For the love of Jobe Watson, can anyone else who uses tapatalk tell me if there's a way to turn off the god forsaken 'player card' thing that automatically shows up whenever there's a player's full name written in a post? So so sooo much unnecessary and frustrating scrolling
There's definitely a setting to turn it off, you'll have to look in your preferences

Bottom of your preferences.

Search is your friend.

Tapatalk is not great, may be new options in future but they can get expensive to implement.

Bottom of your preferences.

Search is your friend.

Tapatalk is not great, may be new options in future but they can get expensive to implement.
Oh, hi Chief. didn't know you subbed to this thread 🤣

We don't pick the ads. Each page impression is put in the market and the highest bidder gets the spot.

Each ad should have a little option in the top right for you to report it to Google or whoever is serving it.

Interesting - how do you go to market?

Lore was it you that said you'd put together a Twitter feed of AFL news sources?
Yeah the @BigFootyDraft Twitter has a “list” for sports journos and media. It’s mostly based around draft/trade stuff but there’s some other sport stuff mixed in as well.

Then the other list we have is all the AFL club accounts, AFL officials and some of the lower tier clubs that produce draft prospects

Then on the @BigFootyBombers account there’s a list with Essendon players, official club accounts, and the personal accounts of people who work at the club;

There’s a bit of overlap but when I’m retweeting or sharing stuff it’s usually from those three lists. Still tinkering with it when I have time so it’s not perfect but I don’t think I miss too much and there’s less noise with a curated feed

Cost-cutting measure... 100 hours of free labour from every student! Class of 30 would be around 1.5 full time positions over a year. If people have lost their jobs and been replaced with day a week students, that's dodgy af.

If they're surplus to the ongoing function of the business and have competencies to complete on those days that are government mandated as part of the course accreditation, then kudos you do a nice thing. Volunteers are okay too. But I'm pretty sure we've had issues with unpaid intern s**t before at AFL clubs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back