General Bombers Talk Questions and discussions that don't warrant a thread

Remove this Banner Ad

So I think this is the right place to ask. The main board is getting very cluttered with all the women's thread, same with the VFL sub forum. I'm wondering if (like most other boards) we can have an AFLW/VFLW sub board dedicated to women's footy.

Just feel like it'll make a difference.

So I think this is the right place to ask. The main board is getting very cluttered with all the women's thread, same with the VFL sub forum. I'm wondering if (like most other boards) we can have an AFLW/VFLW sub board dedicated to women's footy.

Just feel like it'll make a difference.
I think we need a poll on this to figure out whether it's a small group or a large group who feel this way. We're just trying to decide when to do this as off season probably isn't going to get us a representative result. Might have to wait until the new year.

I think we need a poll on this to figure out whether it's a small group or a large group who feel this way. We're just trying to decide when to do this as off season probably isn't going to get us a representative result. Might have to wait until the new year.
Probably Late Feb/Early March

i think if you used the number of people watching each thread as a pseudo-poll you’d find your answer easily enough.

i think if you used the number of people watching each thread as a pseudo-poll you’d find your answer easily enough.
That doesn't really speak to the structure of the board though, just the interest level of topics.

I think the main essendon board with mens and womens AFL works well at the moment as the seasons aren't at the same time. So for me, it was easy to scroll past the "check out so and so's abs" and "what can we get if we trade all our future picks" threads and if something came up for one of the girls it was right there on the first page to check out.

The VFL board is a bit more difficult, as playing at the same time makes it a bit messier to sort through what belongs to what.

I think the VFLW chat would benefit from a "Women's Footy" board that includes the AFLW chat, but the AFLW chat is more suited to the main club board.

images (21).jpeg

Lore Not sure this is the right place to post this, but my 'alerts' are behaving very oddly. I turned most of the settings to 'off' but still stays at like 800-1000 alerts, in particular from Lukaperkerno1. Any ideas as to how I can fix this?

Lore Not sure this is the right place to post this, but my 'alerts' are behaving very oddly. I turned most of the settings to 'off' but still stays at like 800-1000 alerts, in particular from Lukaperkerno1. Any ideas as to how I can fix this?
It's probably a problem for Chief but I had an issue the other week that's a bit similar... which is that there was some weird glitch where everyone I followed, I suddenly started getting a notification whenever they posted a new thread, even though when I followed them originally I had unselected all the notifications.

If you're following LPno1 or anyone else that you're getting odd notifications for, try unfollowing and then... if you really want to... re-follow them. That seemed to sort it out for me. (This is also the only advice I was given when I asked about it, there's only a workaround for it, no cure.)

It could also be that you're following a board he posts in a lot, with a similar glitch causing notifications for all of them, so you could unfollow that board and then refollow it.

We don't know the cause of this type of thing yet.

Try the instructions here:

We don't know the cause of this type of thing yet.

Try the instructions here:

Thanks Chief.

No idea where to put this, but I thought it was interesting enough to put somewhere

AFLNT STATEMENT: TIWI BOMBERS FOOTBALL CLUB​

TiwiStatement

AFL Northern Territory has met with the Tiwi Bombers Football Club to discuss the club’s forfeit of their Men’s Premier League game against Waratah Football Club on Saturday 14 January 2023.

Forfeits in any community football competition aren’t ideal. For a Premier NTFL fixture not to have occurred due to a forfeit is disappointing for the clubs involved, the players, the league, and the community more broadly.

As a result of the forfeit, the Tiwi Bombers Football Club will receive a fine of $10,000, which will be suspended for the remainder of the 2022/23 TIO NTFL season. The suspended amount will be implemented if the club has any connection to any similar instances.

AFLNT acknowledges that the Tiwi Bombers Football Club face challenges that most community football clubs across the country don’t face.
As such, AFLNT will continue to work with the Tiwi Bombers Football Club, and the Tiwi community, to plan for the sustainability of the club moving forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can we do this yet? :)

How long after purchasing a high mark online are your seats displayed in “my member” section on the app

Just watched a doco on Kayo "28 Games: Rise of the Baby Bombers" about our 1993 season. Worth a watch.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back