General Bombers Talk Questions and discussions that don't warrant a thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Today marks ten (10!) years since THAT win over Freo in WA.... still one of the most special wins I've ever seen, with all the context and background stories leading into it.

Absolutely incredible.. it's still beyond me how neither of those two last-minute misses from Freo were converted.

Forgive the intrusion - thought you guys might know best if this is worth anything - or where to look

2019 EFC Dreamtime guernsey (a copy - not a match worn jumper, no number on back), signed by Sheedy and someone (looks like Mitchell or Michael with a "z" or "2" at the end).

It was purchased at a charity auction a few years back for WAY too much (>$1000), and he wanted to donate it to local club, but they asked it's value.

Forgive the intrusion - thought you guys might know best if this is worth anything - or where to look

2019 EFC Dreamtime guernsey (a copy - not a match worn jumper, no number on back), signed by Sheedy and someone (looks like Mitchell or Michael with a "z" or "2" at the end).

It was purchased at a charity auction a few years back for WAY too much (>$1000), and he wanted to donate it to local club, but they asked it's value.
Three fifths of * all I would imagine, if it's not match worn. Sheedy was our coach for 26 years and has been hanging around signing stuff almost ever since, so his signature isn't particularly rare.

Mitchell or Michael might be "Merrett" and the Z or 2 might be a 7 (player signatures always have their number). Even then don't think his signature on an unworn guernsey is worth much.

I think the original guernsey would've gone for about $120 unsigned but usually they are on clearance at the end of the season for $50. You could probably get the signatures for the price of attending one event where Kevin is present and any open training session.

How are you going guys.

No idea where to put this but we signed one of your high performance guys today.

He's been in strength and conditioning at the Bombers since 2021. Anyone know anything on him? What's your injury list been like since start of 2021?

How are you going guys.

No idea where to put this but we signed one of your high performance guys today.

He's been in strength and conditioning at the Bombers since 2021. Anyone know anything on him? What's your injury list been like since start of 2021?
never heard of him!

our strength and conditioning is widely and routining panned - have you seen us play?

our track record of injuries is similarly shite .

Congrats on the appointment!

never heard of him!

our strength and conditioning is widely and routining panned - have you seen us play?

our track record of injuries is similarly shite .

Congrats on the appointment!
Worrying. He was also at Melbourne in 2019 with David Misson (who is also at the Saints now) and they were part of a huge injury crisis there too.

Given our current injury list, Misson already here and now his partner in crime, it doesn't smell too nice lol...

Cheers anyways!

Fully ticketed Western Bulldogs game? How greedy can these assholes get? This won't sell out. Absolutely insane and disgusting. GA membership holding people actually deserve to go, especially when level 2 is so often empty.

Have I missed something here?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230606-185913.png
    Screenshot_20230606-185913.png
    541.2 KB · Views: 34

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fully ticketed Western Bulldogs game? How greedy can these assholes get? This won't sell out. Absolutely insane and disgusting. GA membership holding people actually deserve to go, especially when level 2 is so often empty.

Have I missed something here?
The Norf game last week was pretty full on the top deck at Marvel, and the Dogs have more members and are doing better than Norf. It's probably in the middle of a run of finals decider games for both teams.

I agree it's rubbish though.

Sorry to intrude but Wtf is with your injury report? Shiel and Draper both TBC with no details? What does that even mean?
They generally do the update on Wednesdays. But that means to be confirmed.

I have a 4 game membership. Do I just rock up and scan in or do I need to reserve a ticket?

Why do they delay games on free to air?
because it’s a dying medium and they are desperate to squeeze whatever extra advertising revenue they can

I kind of understand making some games fully ticketed, but why should it cost GA members to upgrade? It should be free to secure a seat for Flexi H&A members. It’s made worse because it wouldn’t happen if our home ground was the MCG, like it should be, but because it’s Marvel with fewer seats, GA members have to pay to book? Doesn’t feel right. It’s minimum $11 extra for round 19 vs. WB.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back