Official Club Stuff Questions/suggestions for RFC_Official 2017/2018 - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi RFC_Official What's the best way to voice my displeasure at the change in the Premiership Circle membership type? I like the seats we have and don't want to move, nor do I want it to be a lottery every week to get the seat I currently have, especially since there is no compensation or drop in price when the apparent value of the service has dropped.

The membership package as a whole is perfect at the moment. If the club wants to try to fill the area with more people maybe try a different option (opt in to your seat instead of opt out, have some bays with set seats and others without, add value to the membership type if you are taking away a set seat). Surely there is a better way to do it than just making it a seat lottery every home game.

I understand that you do the same with the 3121 package but 3121 also has has access to three private rooms which has a far better view than the Dean Jones public bar. Essentially, the Premiership Circle is being made into '3121-lite'.

JFYI 3121 is slightly more expensive than PC. off memory nearly double

Cheers mate, appreciate that. I didn't make a good point but I am upset that there is parts of the membership being removed and the cost is staying the same.

I get that, calling it 3121 lite however implies you are getting ripped off compared to us. we are paying a fair bit more for access to those extra bars

I get that, calling it 3121 lite however implies you are getting ripped off compared to us. we are paying a fair bit more for access to those extra bars

Definitely not trying to imply that at all. All I think is poor value is the loss of a reserved seat and no lowering of the price (or equivalent addition to the package) What I am trying to point out (poorly it seems) is that there are going to be a lot of similarities with the two packages now:

Premiership Circle (Ponsford Stand)
  • Home game membership provides admission and Reserved Bay seating for all home games at the MCG on Level 2 in
    the Ponsford Stand. (NB except for Richmond home games v Collingwood)
    - This has changed from a reserved seat
  • Home-and-away membership provides admission and Reserved Bay seating for all home games at the MCG on Level
    2 in either the Ponsford Stand. (NB except for Richmond home games v Collingwood) and admission into all away
    games played in Melbourne (subject to capacity)
  • Ability to purchase guest passes to allow friends and family to join you at the football - New in 2018
  • Admission and Reserved Bay seating for Richmond's home game(s) at Etihad Stadium
  • Access to the Dean Jones Bar for MCG home games
  • Ability to return your MCG Reserved Seat and receive cash back - I assume this is now gone since a reserved seat is no longer an option
  • Includes guaranteed access to purchase a seat at the Grand Final if Richmond is participating
  • Priority access to purchase week 1-3 finals tickets (subject to participation)
  • Inclusion in our Reward and Recognition Program and standard 2018 member benefits
  • Match-day function hosted by Club great, Dale Weightman
  • Pre-match address by a Richmond assistant coach and current Richmond players
  • Reserved Seating on Level 2 for all home games played in Melbourne
  • Ability to purchase guest passes to invite friends and family
  • Access to private rooms with private bars
  • Ability to purchase meals
  • Keyring Medallion
  • Tartan Scaf
  • General Admission access to all away games that Richmond play in Melbourne
  • Includes the Maurice Rioli Club membership with the ability to attend pre and post-game functions at the Richmond Football Club for every MCG game
  • Access during the Richmond's 'members only' priority period, to purchase finals tickets if Richmond is participating
  • Guaranteed access to purchase a Reserved Seat at the Grand Final if Richmond is participating
  • Junior benefits - Complimentary Brando's Buddies membership
  • Access to purchase Reserved Seating in the AFL Reserve for Richmond away games at the MCG
  • Inclusion in our Reward and Recognition Program and standard 2018 member benefits
My understanding (please correct me if I'm wrong) was that 3121 didn't have a reserved seat in 2017 but had a reserved bay (at least, this is what the email said that delivered the bad news on a reserved seat - "This is not a new concept at Richmond, it is the identical way in which we manage our seating in our highly successful 3121 membership package in the Southern Stand."). So, 3121 does look to get all the benefits of Premiership Circle, plus more. This is why I termed it '3121-lite' as the loss of a reserved seat does bring it more into line with the 3121 package, albeit without the private rooms, pre-match addresses and the other stuff I didn't highlight.

3121 getting a reserved seat now makes it even better value in my eyes now as well.

Definitely not trying to imply that at all. All I think is poor value is the loss of a reserved seat and no lowering of the price (or equivalent addition to the package) What I am trying to point out (poorly it seems) is that there are going to be a lot of similarities with the two packages now:

My understanding (please correct me if I'm wrong) was that 3121 didn't have a reserved seat in 2017 but had a reserved bay (at least, this is what the email said that delivered the bad news on a reserved seat - "This is not a new concept at Richmond, it is the identical way in which we manage our seating in our highly successful 3121 membership package in the Southern Stand."). So, 3121 does look to get all the benefits of Premiership Circle, plus more. This is why I termed it '3121-lite' as the loss of a reserved seat does bring it more into line with the 3121 package, albeit without the private rooms, pre-match addresses and the other stuff I didn't highlight.

3121 getting a reserved seat now makes it even better value in my eyes now as well.

its reserved seating, not a specific reserved seat.

we dont have and will not be getting specific reserved seats at the G

the only ground we get a specific reserved seat at is etihad, because everyone has to book in via the ticketing agency before the game

also on guest passes, they are not cheap. its $50 off memory, and i forget if that includes ground access

Is there any change to premiership circle (Olympic stand)?
I enjoy my current seat and the people that sit around me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, no reserved seat next year. I want to know the best way to voice my displeasure

Where are you getting your information from? I can't find anything on the Richmond website in relation to this.

Don't think I got it.

Thank you for your valued support as a Premiership Circle member in 2017. We hope you've enjoyed a very exciting year to date.

Each year, the Club endeavours to review its products to ensure they continue to provide value for money and a great match-day experience for Richmond members. Following our most recent review of our products, we have elected to make some changes to the Premiership Circle - Ponsford membership for 2018. We hope that the proposed changes to this area in 2018 will improve your member experience by providing a better atmosphere in the Ponsford Stand and also giving members in this area the unique ability to be able to purchase guest passes, which will allow friends and family to join you at the football. In addition, it allows the Club better flexibility to maximise utilisation in one of our premium reserved seat areas at the stadium.

As of 2018, Premiership Circle members in the Ponsford Stand will no longer have a nominated seat on their membership card. Members will be free to sit wherever they want in the nominated bays, which therefore allows guest passes to be purchased in this area. This is not a new concept for Richmond, it is the identical way in which we manage seating in our highly successful 3121 membership package in the Southern Stand.

The changes will also assist the Club as it tries to maximise the attendance rates in premium seats for home games at the MCG. As has always been the case, unfortunately reserved seats will not be available for Collingwood games, where the Magpies have full access to the entire Ponsford Stand.

Renewing members are not required to take any further action. Your new membership card will provide the list of bays on Level 2 of the Ponsford Stand that you will have access to in 2018.

Should you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to contact our Membership Team on 1300742466 or at membership@richmondfc.com.au.

Thanks again for your wonderful support and we hope you enjoy the remainder of season 2017 and the upcoming finals series.

Kind Regards,

Anthony Fagan
Membership and Retail Sales Manager

Don't think this affects me as I'm in the Olympic Stand. Not great though, especially if you're a long serving member that has had the same seat for many years.
If they introduce this for the Olympic Stand then I can imagine a lot of disgruntled long serving supporters.

In saying all that, introducing guest passes is a good idea and would be handy if I find myself a lady.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't think this affects me as I'm in the Olympic Stand. Not great though, especially if you're a long serving member that has had the same seat for many years.
If they introduce this for the Olympic Stand then I can imagine a lot of disgruntled long serving supporters.

In saying all that, introducing guest passes is a good idea and would be handy if I find myself a lady.

No, it shouldn't but you may see an influx of disgruntled long serving supporters into the same area as you next year

Hi RFC_Official What's the best way to voice my displeasure at the change in the Premiership Circle membership type? I like the seats we have and don't want to move, nor do I want it to be a lottery every week to get the seat I currently have, especially since there is no compensation or drop in price when the apparent value of the service has dropped.

The membership package as a whole is perfect at the moment. If the club wants to try to fill the area with more people maybe try a different option (opt in to your seat instead of opt out, have some bays with set seats and others without, add value to the membership type if you are taking away a set seat). Surely there is a better way to do it than just making it a seat lottery every home game.

I understand that you do the same with the 3121 package but 3121 also has has access to three private rooms which has a far better view than the Dean Jones public bar. Essentially, the Premiership Circle is being made into '3121-lite'.

Hey nick1408, probably best to contact Anthony on 1300 742 466 if you can, to talk about this decision and the options for your Premiership Circle membership for next year. DM your contact details if you'd prefer him to contact you directly.

Hi RFC_Official

Do you know if there s going to be any official Dusty memorabilia coming out soon?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

After he wins everything.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back