Official Club Stuff Questions/suggestions for RFC_Official 2017/2018 - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

This is the best info I have on AFL Members, I hope it helps...

Gold/Full AFL Members
- Have a Richmond Priority 1 product– will be eligible in BOTH Club ballot and AFL Onsale
- Have a Richmond P2 or P3 product (NO AFL discount on their RFC product) – will be eligible in BOTH Club ballot and AFL Onsale
- Have a Richmond P2 or P3 product (WITH AFL discount on RFC product) – will need to choose either Richmond or AFL – should encourage AFL as that is guaranteed
- No Richmond product – AFL Onsale only

All Silver AFL members with an eligible Richmond Ballot product should be encourage to register through the Richmond ballot, cannot guarantee availability of an AFL Silver Competing Club onsale.

Silver Members with a discounted Richmond product who are successful in the Club Ballot will be ineligible for AFL onsale
Stig I need clarification on the availability for AFL members accessing their 'gold membership' instead of their AFL membership to get seats. You are talking about with or with out AFL discount, so what exactly is that? I tried to get access to my gold status of about 25 years to then be told I have no access to tickets as I don't have a bar code on my tigers card. Is this true? We were always told we could use either so if this isn't true it needs clarification.

Stig I need clarification on the availability for AFL members accessing their 'gold membership' instead of their AFL membership to get seats. You are talking about with or with out AFL discount, so what exactly is that? I tried to get access to my gold status of about 25 years to then be told I have no access to tickets as I don't have a bar code on my tigers card. Is this true? We were always told we could use either so if this isn't true it needs clarification.

Thats what i got told also,to have a barcode you have to upgrade your membership through RFC

Must say the AFL member thing has been handled pretty terribly by the club. No point selecting RFC as club of choice. Better off selecting Adelaide lol

Must say the AFL member thing has been handled pretty terribly by the club. No point selecting RFC as club of choice. Better off selecting Adelaide lol

isnt the AFL membership run by the afl, not RFC?

Yes but Richmond chose not to include AFL members in the ballot

so they shouldnt

we have access to a smaller pool of seats than the afl reserve. if you're an afl member, access afl seats

I agree but technically I'm still a Richmond member and i support my club more financially than a 3 game membership which are eligible for the ballot.If they dont want to include us in the ballot then don't take a portion of the money from my AFL membership.Makes no sense i can vote at elections and get a membership package but I cant access tickets.

I agree but technically I'm still a Richmond member and i support my club more financially than a 3 game membership which are eligible for the ballot.If they dont want to include us in the ballot then don't take a portion of the money from my AFL membership.Makes no sense i can vote at elections and get a membership package but I cant access tickets.

they dont take it - no one forces you to nominate as a RFC member. you can not nominate and the $70 or whatever the club gets from the AFL stays with the AFL

more importantly, you have access to the larger AFL pool. why would you want to take a ticket in the smaller RFC pool when you are effectively taking a ticket away from a punter who has that as their only option?

they dont take it - no one forces you to nominate as a RFC member. you can not nominate and the $70 or whatever the club gets from the AFL stays with the AFL

more importantly, you have access to the larger AFL pool. why would you want to take a ticket in the smaller RFC pool when you are effectively taking a ticket away from a punter who has that as their only option?

Mate.

I'm losing track here.

Is this thread for questions to RFC Official?

Haere Ra

Mate.

I'm losing track here.

Is this thread for questions to RFC Official?

Haere Ra

Mate.

he cant comment on something like this as you well know.

As for losing track, do we really want to go there?

about $160

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey theflea I’ve been chasing a reply on this. I don’t want to say anything that isn’t accurate as it’s not my specialty, so I’m waiting until I can get it explained as correctly as possible before posting. I'll let you know what comes back. Thanks.

We have no chance of tickets through AFL pretty much. We contribute more financially than a number of members who will get a chance.

Tbh I didnt even know it was an option until RFC have decided we arent members.

Why would we not nominate? Better in RFC pockets than AFL. However if the RFC dont consider us as members which they effectively have admitted then I probably wont bother ticking the box next year.

We have no chance of tickets through AFL pretty much. We contribute more financially than a number of members who will get a chance.

Tbh I didnt even know it was an option until RFC have decided we arent members.

Why would we not nominate? Better in RFC pockets than AFL. However if the RFC dont consider us as members which they effectively have admitted then I probably wont bother ticking the box next year.
well they do think as members in a way because we go into our tally. I remember back when us VFL members got changed to AFL members that we can become AFL members and support and get memberships from our clubs which essentially paid for the great southern stand ( at least the AFL contribution). many members took this option for that very reason.

well they do think as members in a way because we go into our tally. I remember back when us VFL members got changed to AFL members that we can become AFL members and support and get memberships from our clubs which essentially paid for the great southern stand ( at least the AFL contribution). many members took this option for that very reason.

Hi theflea I appreciate you wanting an answer on this much sooner. Below is the response I have received regarding the AFL Membership issue. I encourage you to call through to our membership department on 1300 742 466 for further clarification on the points you want discussed. Sorry I couldn’t help further than this…

There are 4 different types of members with access to Grand Final tickets - two competing Clubs, AFL members and MCC members. As AFL Membership is purchased through the AFL, AFL Members were allocated to this ballot, where they were a much better statistical chance of securing a ticket.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back