Feedback Quick questions you couldn't find an answer for...

Remove this Banner Ad

I think there was already a thread for this but I couldn't see it.

I can't remove my alerts. I did have 70 or so, so could clear the original 30 that show up in the list as you hover over the alerts button. But now I have 40 that won't disappear. Clicking on the mark all as read button does nothing.

1611705804754.png

Edit: had an idea as I posted this. I had to click show all, then select show unread, tick the 'Select all' checkbox and then click mark as read. That way worked.

I think there was already a thread for this but I couldn't see it.

I can't remove my alerts. I did have 70 or so, so could clear the original 30 that show up in the list as you hover over the alerts button. But now I have 40 that won't disappear. Clicking on the mark all as read button does nothing.

View attachment 1046552

Edit: had an idea as I posted this. I had to click show all, then select show unread, tick the 'Select all' checkbox and then click mark as read. That way worked.
Yes. You don't even have to select all after hitting "Unread" in the alerts page before hitting Mark Read.

We added our own addon to make the list drop down on mouse over, but it changes how it operates on touch screens. On iPhone, hold down the alerts icon in the nav and then go to that link that pops up. That's your Unread alerts.

Unread should also float to the top of the list, but it is broken and the developer hasn't fixed it yet.

How do I stop getting all of the annoying notification emails?

Notification of what in particular? Thread replies? New threads? Convo replies?

Have a look at your preferences page.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How do you delete a conversation?

I click on the small square box next to the conversation, at the bottom of the page up pops the Choose Action box but there is no delete option.

How do you delete a conversation?

I click on the small square box next to the conversation, at the bottom of the page up pops the Choose Action box but there is no delete option.

It's called "leave conversation" you choose that, then choose if you either wish to receive PMs from that conversation in the future (from the other person or people involved in that convo), or "ignore" PMs from that conversation. Latter obviously deletes it for good.*

*unless it ends up in your trash folder, then you gotta clear out your trash folder. Like a junk folder im assuming in email.

Nah I haven't had it enabled. I was still getting emails even after changing some setting the other day.
Sorry that was an answer for another issue, not the right answer for your question.

I’ve now had a few failed attempts at tagging a large number of people (20ish) even though I have multi-tagging privileges. It’s got to the point where I’m writing everyone’s name individually, putting the ‘@‘ sign before and confirming the tag individually in the post, then posting and I’m still hearing that people aren’t getting my tags. What am I doing wrong?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back