Prediction R11 Changes V Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Bloods culture is as nauseating as Shinboner spirit. Not much Bloods culture in the early 80’s when they couldn’t draw a crowd and they were shipped off to Sydney.
Revisionist 21st century "bloods culture" may well be nauseating but let's not forget Footscray were nearly victims of the same VFL pragmatism that saw South Melbourne relocated to Sydney.

The South Melbourne "Bloods" before then weren't too bad.

In more ways than one we were just lucky that the Swans went into a steep decline before we did.

They're still bitter. I want them to get to a GF just so they can lose another.

They already did that in 2022 but still want to cry about us in 2016, rather than Geelong who absolutely spanked them.

They already did that in 2022 but still want to cry about us in 2016, rather than Geelong who absolutely spanked them.
Wet toast supporters are still whinging about 2016 too for some reason ... they feel they were hard done by too despite getting spanked

Wet toast supporters are still whinging about 2016 too for some reason ... they feel they were hard done by too despite getting spanked
You'd be surprised at how many West Coast fans (and some others, like the journalist RoCo) who convinced themselves that the first year of the pre-finals bye in 2016 helped the Dogs, because we had players return from injury, that otherwise would not have played.

Even though the obvious conclusion when comparing to the alternative universe is not that they would have been unavailable for the EF, just that they would have missed one more H&A game. The EF is always going to be played three weeks before the GF, and if they were injured six weeks before the EF as they were, the only difference is that they would have missed six H&A games, not five (assuming that the second H&A bye would have taken place before the game that they got injured). I seriously cannot believe how backward and incorrect the logic is, with their assumption that the pre-finals bye somehow pushed the date of the EF in absolute terms (like it was now somehow played one week closer to the grand final date or whatever, which it wasn't, obviously). And naturally if we had lost one of those games it would have made no difference to our 7th ladder position.

If anything, the pre-finals bye actually hindered us, as it meant that it was a Thursday final, giving Libba etc. who were injured two days fewer recovery. Some of those injured players were clearly barely fit despite the win, and clearly only were selected because it was by definition an elimination final.

I reckon it was Green not Greene who gags was playing on at stoppage.

Was at the game Saturday, Gags was definitely playing a close tag on Green at stoppage. Was doing a great job getting under his collar as well, he’s got a bit of go about him. Best play of the day was when Bont went to Green at a stoppage on the flank in the last quarter rendering 2 Giants neutralised and leaving Gags free to burst through for the clearance and start the chain of handballs leading to the Naughton goal.

The boys had a plan on the weekend and while not always pretty they executed very well.

Unfortunately for Keath, and us, AFL isn’t a sprint race.

He’s got the turning circle and take off speed of a tanker. His recovery once the ball leaves the contest is also slow.

He can quite comfortably be described as a slow footballer.

Good player though - and will keep his spot.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Was at the game Saturday, Gags was definitely playing a close tag on Green at stoppage. Was doing a great job getting under his collar as well, he’s got a bit of go about him. Best play of the day was when Bont went to Green at a stoppage on the flank in the last quarter rendering 2 Giants neutralised and leaving Gags free to burst through for the clearance and start the chain of handballs leading to the Naughton goal.

The boys had a plan on the weekend and while not always pretty they executed very well.
Are you saying the Bulldogs can tag?

Yep. They're just so bitter.

I once told a Swans supporting mate that maybe the frees were in the Dogs favour because the Dogs were first to and harder at the ball.

Wayward Guide Idk GIF by Tin Can Bros

Yep. They're just so bitter.

I once told a Swans supporting mate that maybe the frees were in the Dogs favour because the Dogs were first to and harder at the ball.

Wayward Guide Idk GIF by Tin Can Bros

Officially the AFL said they got 4 free kicks wrong in our favour do not think that equates anywhere near 22 points, The swans sooking over the years is just jealousy. You do not hear the lions supporters going on about the error in the advantage decision in the last minute that could have changed the result last season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Officially the AFL said they got 4 free kicks wrong in our favour do not think that equates anywhere near 22 points, The swans sooking over the years is just jealousy. You do not hear the lions supporters going on about the error in the advantage decision in the last minute that could have changed the result last season.

No you don't hear that from Lions supporters.

What gets me about the salty sooky Swans is that we had waited 62 bloody years.

They had won a flag four years earlier and 11 years earlier, so they could've just parked their pathetic little whinging (because they thought they had it in the bag), but no, they went on and on and on led by their sook of a coach.

The hatred I have for that club and its supporters knows no bounds.

Anyhow, to keep this on track I'll repeat - in Sanders out Bramble.

Last edited:
Sydney is the definition of run and gun at the moment. The sort of play that would absolutely destroy us over the last couple of years. This will be a huge test for where we are at in the evolution of our game style to match them offensively and defensively.

Carlton looked like absolute plodders last week - Sydney ran past and thru them with ease. We have to run and run - not the best time to have a 5 day break.

One area we have them comfortably is contested marking. although thats probably because they run so hard they take a greater proportion of uncontested marks. But our forward setup is still a shambles and its only the marking power that papers over that. However with Darce the long target instead of naughton, we shouldnt be outmarked at least. We'll need everything to go right - kicking 8.22 is not going to cut it. Our small forwards, in particular will have to be rabid and kick a handfull between them.

We pretty much have to do what we did to GWS and just keep with them shoulder to shoulder all over the ground and force them to turn it over, because they will - they turn it over more than us.

Funny how the wheel turns from our 2016 faceoff which was trench warfare - this will be ballistic end to end stuff. Sydney obviously further ahead in this change. I expect to lose, but Id take an honourable loss. Last thing I want to see is a reversion to old habits which will see us lose by 10 goals.

Last edited:
They lost 2 finals in 2016. One team won 4 finals, 3 interstate. Absolutely no claim on being the best team when you lose 2 finals.

The winner of the Dogs v Giants PF was always winning the flag. We were the two best teams and that’s a big reason why it’s roundly regarded as one of the best finals ever.

The Swans weren’t capable of beating us or GWS, particularly not at the G and away from the dung heap. GWS beat them in the QF on similar oval to the G and they conveniently forget we beat them on their own home ground two months earlier.

They just weren’t as good as us. If the GF had gone for another 10 minutes and we kept piling on goals it would have actually been better for their supporters because the 22 point margin made it feel closer than the result actually was. They wouldn’t have been able to cling to this delusion they were robbed for 10 years.

Last edited:
it’s great that Dogs have hit their best form of 2024 last week, carry that into this week and I think you might get us. We’ve been up for a while, had multiple short breaks in a row, and are due a loss(I know you have 5 days break this week so not ideal).

Think we will thump Geelong after the bye but this week will be super close.

Your forward line alongside Carlton’s is the best in the league. If you can break even in the midfield, which Carlton didn't, it may rain goals for you.

We do like playing Marvel so this will no doubt be match of the round. Hoping for a free flowing match with zero injuries.

I like fast players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back