Preview R14: Changes v North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Hopefully Lindsay leaves the ground early on....
I suspect we'll be unchanged but wouldn't mind this. Just given the likely conditions. I'd argue Tex JJ Lynch is already enough height in the forward line. It would just be a structural selection for one week. Give brouch or milera a chance to come in and whoever doesn't perform to be dropped,.

EDIT. I meant to reply to the McGovern out post

The point really isn't about not changing a winning team. It's about not making changes because the team is playing really, really well at the moment, and they don't want to mess with it for that reason.

I'm more referring to the words used in the last sentence, not the decision making process. It starts with "potential for some change", obviously due to the pressure alluded in the first part of the quote. But then using the word "it's going to be" implies certainty. If it was still up in the air, then he should have said something like, "it would be" or added an if statement to finish. Simply;

1. Pressure for spots
2. Team playing well
3. Potential for some changes
4. But it won't be wholesale

Goldstein, Brown, Daw, Petrie.. surly all 4 wont play in the wet. I can see Daw being dropped
Any whispers anyone???

Adelaide is supposed to gets buckets of rain tomorrow arvo/evening.

Just tell me.... B Crouch - in
Word is unchanged...

Goldstein, Brown, Daw, Petrie.. surly all 4 wont play in the wet. I can see Daw being dropped

Word is unchanged...

giphy.gif

Swallow boarded the plane. No sign if Wells, Waite or Cunnington just yet. Still early days however.

If the conditions are going to be wet and Waite is still 50/50, surely he will be the tall that drops out?

Last edited:
Swallow boarded the plane. No sign if Wells, Waite or Cunnington just yet. Still early days however.

If the conditions are going to be wet and Waite is still 50/50, surely he will the tall that drops out?
You'd think that with the conditions and having the bye next week they'd rest Waite and get him fully ready for the 2nd half of the year. But who knows what they're thinking.

I watched Majak for the first time live last week and followed him closely. He looks a fair way off AFL standard to me. Threw his body into contests a bit and went into bat for him team mates but you could get Seamus from the WWE to do that.

He didn't seem to read the flight of the ball well at all and was constantly not quite in the right spot to mark. Didn't get a touch in the first half. He finished with 8 disposals and only 1 mark. 5 tackles was decent for a big man.

TLDR - I can definitely see Daw getting dropped.

Is anyone on airport watch today to see what Kangas players are making the trip?? hahahah
Keen as for this teams to be released. im guessing 5:55pm as per usual?
Would think they would bring over all their emergencies, given plenty under an injury cloud & their vfl team won't play to the weekend.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"NORTH Melbourne is expected to regain skipper Andrew Swallow and important midfielder Ben Cunnington when teams are announced for Thursday night's blockbuster clash against Adelaide this evening."

"Jarrad Waite, Daniel Wells likely to miss for Roos"

From afl.com.au

Reported that Swallow, Cunnington likely to return. Wells, Waite to miss.
Probably:
In: Swallow, Cunnington
Out: McDonald, Wells

Perhaps a 3rd change if they decide they are too tall.

PS. Wells apparently has not flown over. Also, Cunnington would be very doubtful as has not done any meaningful training.

Last edited:
No that's true. What I'm saying is that Carey lived in Adelaide and played for North Adelaide. Had he stayed within the system rather than going to Melbourne, he would have likely ended up at the Crows in the initial squad. In those days the SANFL standard was high and initially Carey was reluctant to move.

From what I've heard we can blame Mick Nunan for that, when he was that he was at North Adelaide apparently Mick Nunan didn't like his attitude and told him that he'd never make it at North Adelaide.

So he got an offer from North Melbourne to go and play for them as a junior so in 87 he left Adelaide to go and play Under 19s for North Melbourne.

Probably:
In: Swallow, Cunnington
Out: McDonald, Wells

Perhaps a 3rd change if they decide they are too tall.

PS. Wells apparently has not flown over. Also, Cunnington would be very doubtful as has not done any meaningful training.

This is what I expect to happen.

Mixed feelings about Swallow and Cunnington returning, both quality players I'd rather not play, but then a cold slog may not be a great game for both to return to.

Maybe thinking to himself - NOW I get why Tippett wanted to get out of the Adelaide fish bowl.
This Fishbowl talk is bollocks and overrated imo - fair dinks, as if high profile footballers don't get recognised and asked legitimate questions like this in the street in any other of the traditional football states (and even in the non traditional states). It comes with the territory.

I reckon paranoid supporters and the media make it into a much bigger issue than it really is.

If it's going to be wet tomorrow night would it be a good opportunity to leave McGovern out and bring in Menzel? Might be better suited to the conditions tomorrow night.

If it's going to be wet tomorrow night would it be a good opportunity to leave McGovern out and bring in Menzel? Might be better suited to the conditions tomorrow night.
I haven't seen Menzel play in the SANFL but McGovern is pretty good below his knees. Maybe better than Menzel?

This Fishbowl talk is bollocks and overrated imo - fair dinks, as if high profile footballers don't get recognised and asked legitimate questions like this in the street in any other of the traditional football states (and even in the non traditional states). It comes with the territory.

I reckon paranoid supporters and the media make it into a much bigger issue than it really is.
Well we're not in that position so we don't really know do we

Remove this Banner Ad

Back