Autopsy Round 14 - Giants vs Lions, Sat 23 June 2018.

Remove this Banner Ad

GWS GIANTS board rules
  • New posters are always welcome and are to be treated as such.
  • No personal abuse. Attack the ball, not the man.
  • No evasion of the swear filter. If we as contributors to the board see a bunch of asterisks in your post, we all know the point you’re trying to get across!
  • Exaggerated criticism of the players or the club will not be tolerated.
  • Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and each opinion should be respected. If you disagree with someone’s opinion, provide a reasonable reply explaining why you disagree rather than using dismissal or abuse.
  • Rumours should be clearly labelled as rumours; we have a thread prefix for that. Rumours posted without a source will be taken with a grain of salt
  • If you find a post to be offensive, out of line or in breach of the forum or board rules, please click ‘Report Post’. We as moderators do spend a lot of time on the board however we might not catch everything.
Opposition supporters
  • First and foremost, we welcome opposition supporters and are more than happy to have you here provided you are willing to add something to the board.
  • Remember where you are, this is the GWS Giants board and the moderators and regular posters will not take kindly to posters coming onto the board and throwing excrement into the fan.
  • Trolling will not be tolerated in any instance. There’s a place for trolling and we all know where it is.
  • Any derogatory labeling in the vein of "plastic franchise", "fake club/supporters" etc will result in a sanction.
  • Giants posters are free to show arrogance or over-confidence in their team as this is their board. Criticism of Giants posters for their inflated views on their own team is not necessary nor will it be tolerated.
  • If a GWS supporter has been playing up on your team’s board or other boards, have it dealt with by the moderators of that board by reporting any infringing posts. The Giants board is not the place for retaliation.

As flat as can be after a win.
Unlikely Jeremy isn't missing for a while, and in that while we face some strong teams.

To the game though I though we showed a lack of killer instinct, they were down two rotations but kept themselves in the game for a lot of the last quarter.

Shaw had his best game in ages
Kelly looks to be back to his best
Cog's return was strong.
Langdon was influential
Dawson was solid but only played 66% game time
TOJ didn't really light up the stage other than that monster goal
Taylor looks AFL standard

Taylor justifying his selection at the moment despite our backline being so tall.

Langdon looking more and more comfortable with every game.

Both Himmelberg and Patton will need to step it up for the next month. Patton got better as the game went on but Himmelberg's set shots were very suspect. Needs to be better.

Empty.

The vfl media will push for a big ban(after promoting no bans for the players who knocked out our players.

Aside from Cameron.

Some good things but we really did just go through the motions. Never to much effort as to risk anything it seemed(especially after the Jezza hit).

Patton is poor at the moment. Am hoping he steps up while Cameron is off.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Ok performance by the team and I think they were a bit flat and maybe the minds were partially on the weeks ahead and also the Lions played good patches and the loss of Andrews put their defence off
I think Cameron will be lucky to get 4 weeks as the incident was very ugly and players need to be aware of the dangers around aerial contests, I hope it is 4 but see what happens on tuesday
Kelly is all class and he is a difference maker to the team and more at the moment because of the loss of outside game with Scully and Williams out
Patton will have got some confidence from the 3 goals but a couple of fumbled marks he should have taken
A couple of shockers by HH but for him to play the entire season will amaze me as for his size he is too easily pushed of the ball and his set shots need to improve. I think in a few years he will turn into a really good back man
Whitfield looking more and more comfortable moving the ball out of defence
Simpson was ok and not sure of his impact around the rucks but he wasn't embarrassed by Martin so he has a few more weeks in the side

A couple of shockers by HH but for him to play the entire season will amaze me as for his size he is too easily pushed of the ball and his set shots need to improve. I think in a few years he will turn into a really good back man

Harry is very team oriented, always looking to get away some of those looping handballs. Wish he'd just kick it, especially within sight of goal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back