R4 v West Coast Eagles.

Remove this Banner Ad

Hanley is back on the GC to get scans it seems. I believe Bowes is already in Perth to replace him.

Hopefully Barlow isn't too far behind.
I think everyone was surprised to see Hanley back after 3 weeks and it would appear for good reason.

I am hoping for a good showing against the eagles but I am far from confident. There is no doubt the boys are now putting in the effort and that is credit to Dew but somehow with all the high picks we have we just don’t have a classy ball winner. And am yet to see one of our top picks from the last 2 years suggest they are going to fill the void.

JK might be back this week for West Coast.

West coast set up their 'web' well against Geelong, KK needs to play imo, his kicking will be important in disecting it and transferring the ball out of defence

Our defensive pressure, tackles and 1 percenters need to improve after last week. Well down from round 1 and 2.

Kk look every bit deer in headlights vs Freo , hopefully somebody step up in NEAFL soon. Not sure the head gear affected his awarenesses or just too much travel .

Bowes & Rosa already with team in Perth, so as much as I want Barlow/Brodie in the team this week it seems Dew still has them down the inside mid pecking order... which is disappointing.

Bowes & Rosa already with team in Perth, so as much as I want Barlow/Brodie in the team this week it seems Dew still has them down the inside mid pecking order... which is disappointing.
I saw the NEAFL Palm Beach match and Barlow was so much more effective and stronger in the contest and covered way more ground than Rosa.

JK might be back this week for West Coast.

West coast set up their 'web' well against Geelong, KK needs to play imo, his kicking will be important in disecting it and transferring the ball out of defence
Kade was named in the Suns best because he intercepted the ball so much and brought it out of the danger zone. People that are critical of his handful of mistakes aren't seeing the forest for the trees. Harbs, Weller and Rischa also got caught trying to do the same, the latter getting a lot more flack because it is fashionable to say he's too old. That said, if Bowes and Rosa are named it will be Rischa who steps aside and it could be good night Irene for his AFL career.

West Coast have some big bodied mids like Freo, so the additions this week will go some way toward putting some starch back into our midfield attack. I'd like to see Barlow, Lonergan and Brodie named to the Emergencies at least, but I don't have faith that the Selection Panel see the error of their ways yet and will retain their pick and stick. This is going to be a very interesting match because West Coast have a day less to prepare and the Suns don't have to travel to play away. I think jet lag from playing in FNQ, Melbourne and Perth within 14 days took a toll and we will see a better contest from the Suns.

Kennedy coming back isn't that much of a difference given they'll have to drop Lycett, which exposes NicNat.

Thats every club though... not a Suns issue
Oh yeah- no denying
It's just when you get a new regime you hope for a revolution but all you really get is a new face
I often say having an ALP or Liberal government has made about zero difference to my life since I started voting in the late 1980's- but undoubtedly some governments have been more successful than others
Like football coaches

Kade was named in the Suns best because he intercepted the ball so much and brought it out of the danger zone. People that are critical of his handful of mistakes aren't seeing the forest for the trees. Harbs, Weller and Rischa also got caught trying to do the same, the latter getting a lot more flack because it is fashionable to say he's too old. That said, if Bowes and Rosa are named it will be Rischa who steps aside and it could be good night Irene for his AFL career.

West Coast have some big bodied mids like Freo, so the additions this week will go some way toward putting some starch back into our midfield attack. I'd like to see Barlow, Lonergan and Brodie named to the Emergencies at least, but I don't have faith that the Selection Panel see the error of their ways yet and will retain their pick and stick. This is going to be a very interesting match because West Coast have a day less to prepare and the Suns don't have to travel to play away. I think jet lag from playing in FNQ, Melbourne and Perth within 14 days took a toll and we will see a better contest from the Suns.

Kennedy coming back isn't that much of a difference given they'll have to drop Lycett, which exposes NicNat.
Not sure about Eagles dropping Lycett , as NicNat still been managed on his game time for the last three match .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bring back Barlow ffs!
Don't hold your breath
Getting the feeling Dew and the club may be stacking firewood for Winter
Making sure Ah Chee Wright Lemmens Barlow are firing from round 9
Clubs pencil in wins/losses at the start of the season
It's likely this fortnight didn't figure in the W column

Cannot see the point in bringing in Rosa on a spacious oval ,too slow and no defensive pressure( no future).
All for Barlow,Brodie and Bowes coming in at this stage.Hanley ,Richa and possibly Fiorini or Macpherson left out.
Must admit don't see the positives in KK game at the moment looks to playing with no confidence at all.
Hopefully can improve as year progresses.
Big task this week especially if Kennedy plays ,just loves playing against Qld teams.
Not sure how we can possibly control Nic Nat he will dominate.
Just hoping we can stay within 5 goals.

Putting my WCE hat on, I wouldn't have said we have big bodied mids. the only players I'd go close to describing in that way is Yeo, and he played 7/8ths of the last game (ineffectually) on a half back flank and Redden who although being bigger doesn't really use his bulk. none of Sheed, Shuey, Gaff, Masten etc are big guys.

As the other bloke said, i cant see Lycett getting dropped - Nic is still on around 50-60% game time, and none of the other bigs ruck. until the injury to Ryan I would have said Waterman was near certainty to go when JK comes back. might still as if he doesn't Eagles fwd line will be very big with one of Lycett/Nic (2m), Kennedy (196), Waterman & Darling (both 191) - My Gold coast hat says we need to bring another big across unless Day is planned to play back and play crossley or a smaller forward line.

Cannot see the point in bringing in Rosa on a spacious oval ,too slow and no defensive pressure( no future).
All for Barlow,Brodie and Bowes coming in at this stage.Hanley ,Richa and possibly Fiorini or Macpherson left out.
Must admit don't see the positives in KK game at the moment looks to playing with no confidence at all.
Hopefully can improve as year progresses.
Big task this week especially if Kennedy plays ,just loves playing against Qld teams.
Not sure how we can possibly control Nic Nat he will dominate.
Just hoping we can stay within 5 goals.
Rosa has the size to run with one of West Coast's larger mids and he's already over there - not my first choice, but he is a player I rate.
If Kennedy AND Lycett are both picked, we have to hand Crossley his debut just to have enough talls - getting the balance right is crucial for both teams.
Don't give up on Witts up against NicNat - especially if he gets to rest a lot.
Liam Ryan was on crutches yesterday, so I think the Eagles team stays the same with probably Kennedy to come in, as our visitor suggests.

Putting my WCE hat on, I wouldn't have said we have big bodied mids. the only players I'd go close to describing in that way is Yeo, and he played 7/8ths of the last game (ineffectually) on a half back flank and Redden who although being bigger doesn't really use his bulk. none of Sheed, Shuey, Gaff, Masten etc are big guys.

As the other bloke said, i cant see Lycett getting dropped - Nic is still on around 50-60% game time, and none of the other bigs ruck. until the injury to Ryan I would have said Waterman was near certainty to go when JK comes back. might still as if he doesn't Eagles fwd line will be very big with one of Lycett/Nic (2m), Kennedy (196), Waterman & Darling (both 191) - My Gold coast hat says we need to bring another big across unless Day is planned to play back and play crossley or a smaller forward line.
Lycett was hardly an asset for WC and carrying him isn't in their best interests with Kennedy back. The truth is that with NicNat out for so long, WC's habit of 2 rucks has come out of necessity. When it was Cox and NicNat it was purely because they were both elite, but the whole AFL has shifted away from the tactic and you'd think Kennedy's return would mean he or another of the talls could pinch hit in the ruck. However, I did concede that Lycett would keep his place after making the original call. I'm hoping it means Crossley gets a call up and that the tactic leaves WC too thin on the ground.

we'll see. My gut feel is that knowing how conservative WCE usually are with returning players even if he's fit JK doesnt play, and instead comes back against Carlton. They likely then bring in Duggan for Ryan, Yeo moves into the mids and duggan plays in the back line with an additional mid resting Forward.
Slyce less effective on the weekend, but was in the bests the week before against the bullies (when nic had less influence).

also JK NEVER rucks. In the games where we had none of Nic/Slyce/Vardy/Petrie available last year the rucking was done by a combo of Darling and Gov.
also confident that WCE will play two rucks all year, but that later in the year when hes back and had time to get into the swing of it Vardy will replace Slyce as he offers more when resting forward. WCE arent very good at following competition trends.

As much as it frustrates us fans as we want to win every game , I get the feeling Dew is looking st big picture stuff trying to fast track Bowes , Fiorini , Weller , Touk etc by playing them ahead of Rosa and Barlow as those two won’t be in our grand final team .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

As much as it frustrates us fans as we want to win every game , I get the feeling Dew is looking st big picture stuff trying to fast track Bowes , Fiorini , Weller , Touk etc by playing them ahead of Rosa and Barlow as those two won’t be in our grand final team .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Without looking at bigger picture Eg bowes ,weller etc . Are Rosa and Barlow better than Riztelli , hanley ? If yes why not replace them

Remove this Banner Ad

Back