Discussion Random Chat Megathread Mk II

Aug 8, 2008
Campbelltown
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal, Macarthur FC
For some strange reason I just remembered my unseen designs for the BF Olympics that was never finished.

So here they are so that they will no longer be unseen:

Event 6 - Ice Hockey
iCwiUJO.png

Event 7 - Soccer
RngHT9L.png

Event 8 - AFL
JDGCXKG.jpg

Closing Ceremony
DfzpxqM.png

Jun 24, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
ΠΓΣΣ LFC Sturt Steelers Nix
For some strange reason I just remembered my unseen designs for the BF Olympics that was never finished.

So here they are so that they will no longer be unseen:

Event 6 - Ice Hockey
iCwiUJO.png

Event 7 - Soccer
RngHT9L.png

Event 8 - AFL
JDGCXKG.jpg

Closing Ceremony
DfzpxqM.png
:(

I had not thought of that actually. I was 8 when GC joined the league so not the smartest cookie out there.

That is rather interesting. I can remember a lot when it comes to footy, even so that when I was 5 I remembered the alphabetical order of all 16 teams at the time and had a little bit of a dilemma when they went to change how many teams there were at the time.
The earliest footy memory I have would have to be sometime in 2007. Going to Collingwood v Richmond with my cousin and the 2007 Semi v West Coast. I just remember the hectic extra time and the white uniforms Collingwood wore seeming weird.

The Victorian

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd
My first footy memory I can remember is that I knew my Dad supported Collingwood and at the time my primary school was giving away tickets to the footy. I wanted to be that good son and asked for tickets from the school. It would have been 2009 Collingwood vs Adelaide at the MCG. We sat in the first level and I kept on walking up to the fence but some lady marking the footy record kept telling me off. Also it would have been either later that year or in 2010 we went to Collingwood vs Carlton we were sitting top level and the odds came up on the screen and it was Carlton like $6 to win and I said to my Dad "haha see Carlton are favorite to win they have more money!"- Pretty dumb..... First Grand Final I remember was 2009 Grand Final kind of but fully was the 2010 GF.

First Grand Final I remember was 2009 Grand Final kind of but fully was the 2010 GF.
(This is all probably getting moved to the RCMT anyway)
First GF I remember was 2007 very vividly. Remember watching it and going for Geelong as my mum is a supporter and was at Kardinia Park. Saw her on the TV during the after-game celebrations and was pretty happy for her.

Storm20

Been Here A Long Time
Aug 27, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Hey all,

Decided to put my money where my mouth is, I’m going to try and start up my own sports design brand - SHIELD.

I know some of you have already liked my Facebook page but for everyone, but if you could please give my Facebook page a like (Facebook.com/ShieldAUS) and follow me on Instagram (@shieldsportsau), it’d be a huge help with building some sort of social media presence. :)

FWIW, it’ll be launching officially in July and for anyone looking to have anything made up, whether you’re a part of a social sports team, a local sporting club or even if they’re one-offs, I can do it at a heavily discounted rate while I try and build the brand!

love you all,
froot train

50th fan, yew.

What's the go with one-offs, you going to be able to do these or will it be MOQ's of 5-7 or so?

Jul 9, 2003
Vancouver, Canada
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
I played Ammos in the 80s
Good grief.
My first game was Essendon v StKilda in 1972.
I was very young at the time, but then, so were all of your parents.
The first Grand Final I really remember was the 1977 Draw.
The first Grand Final I went to as part of the crowd was 1982.
I was at the 1980 Grand Final waving a flag as part of the Little League kids.
But we left before the first bounce and watched it on TV at Punt Road Oval.
Kids Standing Room at this Grand Final was $2.

Last edited:
50th fan, yew.

What's the go with one-offs, you going to be able to do these or will it be MOQ's of 5-7 or so?

I can do one-offs, they'd cost a bit more but hit me up.

Jun 24, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
ΠΓΣΣ LFC Sturt Steelers Nix
First grand final I remember watching is 2000, was going for Melbourne.
First game I remember going to in the AFL would be Port-Carlton, 2003. Noticed straight away we wore our heritage guernsey that game.

Also got a pie thrown at me but ya know, Port fans.

EDIT: I was at the 2002 SANFL Grand Final, but I don't remember :(

- First Grand Final I remember is 2001 - watching it on the big screen at the main oval during the Perth Royal Show.
- First footy memory is watching an Eagles game with them wearing the Ochre.
- First footy game I saw was in 2005, Round 22 between West Coast and Adelaide at Subi - got to go as part of a school thing which was cool. Adelaide won which was less cool.

cottoneyeYeo

All Australian
Jan 16, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
First grand final memory west coast 06
First footy memory was in 2007 when west coast wore that WA heritage jumper , i remember thinking it was the coolest thing ever
First footy game was before i can remember as my parents company used to have a private box and went to every game since i was like 3

My first footy memory (of anything) is of collecting stickers for my 2003 AFL Sticker book (I was two at the time)

My first footy memory (of a game) is of Geelong playing Collingwood on a Friday night at the Telstra Dome (Round 11 2005: we lost), which I 'stayed up late' to watch

The first match I attended live was Round 14 2006: Geelong vs Carlton at the Telstra Dome. We won by 65 points

The first Grand Final I remember watching was the 2006 GF, I was at my uncles house with the rest of the family, and I was kneeling at the coffee table watching the game on TV

First GF Memory: I remember having the 1996 GF taped but my first live GF was in 2002 at a family friends house

First footy memory: 1997 with an AFL sticker book & Watching/Recording an Ansett cup game, West Coast v Collingwood. I distinctly remember the TV graphics before the ad breaks and the song 'The Prodigy - Voodoo People' being played

First game attended: Early 2000s, can't remember the matchup but it was at Docklands when it was called Colonial Stadium

Jul 17, 2006
Victoria
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Melbourne Victory
Thank-you Mero for providing a bit of perspective and helping me feel young again. These people with their first footy memories being after I left high school was giving me some major mid-life crisis vibes.

My earliest specific footy memory is probably choosing to follow Hawthorn. No idea when it was exactly, sometime in the early 90's though. My parents aren't into footy, so I got into it from my grandparents. Whenever I'd stay there on a weekend they'd watch the footy at night, or Nan would have the footy playing on the 'wireless' in the kitchen while she baked. I specifically remember one day asking her who she barracked for, to which she replied Hawthorn. I swiftly replied "me too!", and for a short while I was a Hawthorn supporter. I eventually picked Adelaide in 1995 watching them during another night spent at my grandparents house.

I also remember thinking the Grand Final was always Geelong versus someone else during the early-mid 90s, because I didn't really see anything other than random games. I imagine that someone about 15 years younger than me could have thought the same!

First match attended was not until 2000 - a narrow loss to Geelong at Kardinia Park.

Back