Not open for further replies.

B4Bear

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 6, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
1626833526950.png

It is a pretty good point being made here.

At some point the wealth and income divide is going to explode into retribution.

Jeff Bezos spends billions on space flight while Amazon workers starve, pee in bottles (news.com.au)

Feb 11, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Incredible footage of subway in China flooding

Lol a vid from when I went to China and people were fighting over plastic chairs

Anyone know how I can stop my right shoulder from clicking when I do lateral raises?

I’ve suffered from the same issue for as long as I can remember. I blame the osteoarthritis. However, I do find it stops when I really get my posture right before I start the exercise. Shoulders back and down, pelvis forward, butt tightened, stomach in - that sort of thing.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I’ve suffered from the same issue for as long as I can remember. I blame the osteoarthritis. However, I do find it stops when I really get my posture right before I start the exercise. Shoulders back and down, pelvis forward, butt tightened, stomach in - that sort of thing.

But now my shoulders are fooked lol it was 3x AMRAP 😭
On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Thanks! Yeah that’s what I do too because my shoulders round forward a bit 🙁 I guess I can boil it down to not doing them in a while

Themanbun

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Anyone know how I can stop my right shoulder from clicking when I do lateral raises?

Glenohumeral joint is likely being squeezed too tight, probably heavily rolled forward shoulders. Try leaning forward and to the ground with your torso slightly, and internally rotating your wrists slightly, like you're pouring a kettle of water in each hand. This should engage the rear delts a little more and remove the pinch in the GH joint.

I just don't do lateral raises anymore.

Glenohumeral joint is likely being squeezed too tight, probably heavily rolled forward shoulders. Try leaning forward and to the ground with your torso slightly, and internally rotating your wrists slightly, like your pouring a kettle of water in each hand. This should engage the rear delts a little more and remove the pinch in the GH joint.

wow thank you!! Will do that if I have them next session

yeah I usually don’t do them, I am a sucker for push press tho.

Themanbun

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
wow thank you!! Will do that if I have them next session

yeah I usually don’t do them, I am a sucker for push press tho.

No worries. If it hasn't been said already, stretch stretch stretch. Mostly likely the chest is tight from weak rhomboids/rear delts. There's some mobility work that can help, my physio got me doing shoulder external rotation work, and working on scapula retraction for a similar issue. Of course your issue could be different so I'd encourage you to chat to a physio if you can access one through your footy.

No worries. If it hasn't been said already, stretch stretch stretch. Mostly likely the chest is tight from weak rhomboids/rear delts. There's some mobility work that can help, my physio got me doing shoulder external rotation work, and working on scapula retraction for a similar issue. Of course your issue could be different so I'd encourage you to chat to a physio if you can access one through your footy.
Thank youuu, yeah I should get the massage gun out. This year has been so up and down around gym training and I just feel so inconsistent with my upper body strength coming from a sport where you don’t use your upper body frequently.

Whiskey Stat

Rookie
Jan 4, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Are there any accountants around here who know how to calculate your HECS Repayment Income?

I would go to my pay staff but my situation is somewhat unique and they can't help.

I am a currently working two part time jobs at two different NFPs and salary packaging each salary through two separate agencies.

I haven't been able to find a clear answer online as how to calculate it, but I think it would be something like ;

HRI = Salary1 + Salary2 - Salary Packaging + (Fringe Benefits * 1.8868)

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Glenohumeral joint is likely being squeezed too tight, probably heavily rolled forward shoulders. Try leaning forward and to the ground with your torso slightly, and internally rotating your wrists slightly, like you're pouring a kettle of water in each hand. This should engage the rear delts a little more and remove the pinch in the GH joint.

At the risk of coming across like a moron, I had some issues back in the day with my shoulders and started taking glucosamine and it worked really well. Would it apply to this situation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back