Discussion Random Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.thelocal.fr/20171228/fr...ple-for-alleged-crime-of-slowing-down-iphones

Apple being sued in France for planned obsolesence. One of the great tragedies of modern consumption.

What they have done isn't planned obsolescence, its worse, its forced obsolescence.
It seriously shits me how there are plenty of people who want to save the refugee's, stop whaling, save the environment, but they think Apple are somehow warm and cuddly.
Apple are totally despicable.

Apple shouldn't be allowed to run a shop in Fed Square.

Surely there can be better use of that space (free gallery with rotating exhibitions, small commercial kitchen with rotating tenants from city eateries, just not have a building there and have a nice bit of garden etc etc).

Apple are tax avoiding campaigners. I own apple everything but still hate them. I have broken 2 lap tops this year and am back on one that's about 5 or 6 years old, you up date the operating system and the thing runs like it's at a 10th of the previous speed and can't remove it. My iPhone has just started to have issues with the GPS not keeping up with maps after the upgrade on that. I'm happy with a 6s or what ever it is, I don't want to buy a new phone, I'm old and only need to make calls and use the maps and occasional browsing. I'm not buying anything new from Apple if they deface our ugly public spaces with even uglier commercial spaces on the public purse.

Sneak peak of the new warning system being tested in the Melbourne CBD

tumblr_lwxyjgdBmZ1qlo1lto1_400.gif

Last edited:
Apple shouldn't be allowed to run a shop in Fed Square.

Surely there can be better use of that space (free gallery with rotating exhibitions, small commercial kitchen with rotating tenants from city eateries, just not have a building there and have a nice bit of garden etc etc).
i must admit i hate this idea ... i actually like the old building bringing in a sterile Apple store will kill the area .. i love the idea of a rotating gallery that would be great especially if they made it a local artist gallery would be great exposure for the local artists

Apple are tax avoiding campaigners. I own apple everything but still hate them. I have broken 2 lap tops this year and am back on one that's about 5 or 6 years old, you up date the operating system and the thing runs like it's at a 10th of the previous speed and can't remove it. My iPhone has just started to have issues with the GPS not keeping up with maps after the upgrade on that. I'm happy with a 6s or what ever it is, I don't want to buy a new phone, I'm old and only need to make calls and use the maps and occasional browsing. I'm not buying anything new from Apple if they deface our ugly public spaces with even uglier commercial spaces on the public purse.

You must need a new one Gringo.

There is no need to deliberately drive their machines into obsolescence though, unless they have such a high market saturation that new customers are hard to find. Technology progresses at such a pace that people will want the latest offerings and wilfully give away good phones to upgrade. They just need to keep building a better improved product to rejuvenate their sales. I hope the authorities crack down hard and there is some consumer backlash against Apple.

There is no need to deliberately drive their machines into obsolescence though, unless they have such a high market saturation that new customers are hard to find. Technology progresses at such a pace that people will want the latest offerings and wilfully give away good phones to upgrade. They just need to keep building a better improved product to rejuvenate their sales. I hope the authorities crack down hard and there is some consumer backlash against Apple.

Class actions should at least make them better at hiding their sabotage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Time to stand up Millennials.
You have the knowledge and consumer power to stop Apple.
Not Boomers.

I have a WIndows phone. I maintain it's the "BETACAM" of the century.
Uses crap hardware with no storage and still works more responsively than anything but the highest powered androids.

Now if only i could get an app.

Millennials would protest against apple.... but i mean that new Iphone is just so cool isn't it... maybe they'll stand in the queue while they protest.

Planned obsolescence began with light globes.

Anyway, I wonder how all the nuffies who lined up for 48 hours to be one of the first to get the latest shiny object feel?

Apple is a marketing cult.

They drip feed improvements to keep people upgrading and paying obscene amounts of money for a product produced for a few dollars in third world countries, using metal mined by slaves.

And Jobs is a hero? FMD!

Yes you are :)
I’ll let you off with the majority :p but definitely not all!

No idea what the generation is called that were born after 2000, but I fear greatly for humanity. Majority of these children were/are being raised on social media, YouTube and iPads/phones and it’s seriously ****ed up the wiring in their brains...

I’ll let you off with the majority :p but definitely not all!

No idea what the generation is called that were born after 2000, but I fear greatly for humanity. Majority of these children were/are being raised on social media, YouTube and iPads/phones and it’s seriously ****** up the wiring in their brains...

It'll be like ..... waaaaaa the Chinese invaded.... i didn't care... but then they switched off the wifi.

Dream on. Millenials are too vain and image conscious to give a s**t.
heck why not we got no chance of being financially secure due to Boomer greed and the planet will be pretty much screwed thanks to the boomer waste and obsession with fossil fuels soo hey may as well look good as the Boomers sell us out for their comfortable retirment plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back