Ranking the "big six" strikers

Remove this Banner Ad

Strikers..jpg

Probably have been rather harsh on Firmino tbh. Probably is best of the rest after Aguero and Kane. More goals and assists and hasn't got penalties to pad his stats. Lacazette hasn't really had the best of times but his service has been decidedly poor at Arsenal so far. Starved of opportunities.

View attachment 455201

Probably have been rather harsh on Firmino tbh. Probably is best of the rest after Aguero and Kane. More goals and assists and hasn't got penalties to pad his stats. Lacazette hasn't really had the best of times but his service has been decidedly poor at Arsenal so far. Starved of opportunities.
For me, he's definitely the best of the rest behind Kane/Aguero.

View attachment 455201

Are you even a Spurs fan? You must support Everton or Man United. You call Firmino a fraud for being on 19 goals but take it easy on Lacazette that's on 9 goals while he has a world class assister in Ozil with him. Lay it in and call him a C or D grade striker.

Lacazette has been woeful. Maybe he will improve with the two new signings coming in though. Can’t write a player off after six months but it’s obvious he needs to improve substantially

Are you even a Spurs fan? You must support Everton or Man United. You call Firmino a fraud for being on 19 goals but take it easy on Lacazette that's on 9 goals while he has a world class assister in Ozil with him. Lay it in and call him a C or D grade striker.
You're not good at picking up when I'm being serious are you. Wasn't about Coutinho and wasn't there either. They're just manifestly overhyped on here and cop a little back. Mostly for faith's benefit...
Ease up Rossco. You'll know when I'm having a serious dig, it'll go for pages and annoy the chavs ;)

Doesn't change that I (seriously) think you need a 20+ league goals CF to win the league so I'd say Firmino is like Giroud, he's not quite that elite striker needed but is a rather solid 15 or so goals a season player.

You're not good at picking up when I'm being serious are you. Wasn't about Coutinho and wasn't there either. They're just manifestly overhyped on here and cop a little back. Mostly for faith's benefit...
Ease up Rossco. You'll know when I'm having a serious dig, it'll go for pages and annoy the chavs ;)

Doesn't change that I (seriously) think you need a 20+ league goals CF to win the league so I'd say Firmino is like Giroud, he's not quite that elite striker needed but is a rather solid 15 or so goals a season player.

What utter tosh. You need to score goals to win the league. Doesn't matter who scores them and Liverpool has the best forward line in the league. Despite this Salah is almost at 20 goals and he won't be winning the league. IKane is the best CF in the league and Spurs are not getting any closer to the league either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What utter tosh. You need to score goals to win the league. Doesn't matter who scores them and Liverpool has the best forward line in the league. Despite this Salah is almost at 20 goals and he won't be winning the league. IKane is the best CF in the league and Spurs are not getting any closer to the league either.
I am hardly alone in this view and frankly don't give a damn what you have to say on the matter (that means you only btw).
We have one main reason why we're not winning, our managers training regime makes us start far too slow and we draw to often against parkers.

But this isn't about us, it's about a discussion we had last summer window where Cooldude disagreed with your stance on not needing such a player. Despite showing previous title winning sides had exactly this. But hey keep believing you don't. Doesn't bother me.

City has the best forwards imo.
Before today's games

DUxGsY_WkAEWn-j.jpg

I don’t rate the “assist” stat. Often it’s the ball before the final assist pass that makes the difference. It’s a bit of a flawed stat

I am hardly alone in this view and frankly don't give a damn what you have to say on the matter (that means you only btw).
We have one main reason why we're not winning, our managers training regime makes us start far too slow and we draw to often against parkers.

But this isn't about us, it's about a discussion we had last summer window where Cooldude disagreed with your stance on not needing such a player. Despite showing previous title winning sides had exactly this. But hey keep believing you don't. Doesn't bother me.

The invincibles didn't have a traditional CF and they did just fine in 03/04.

Chelsea won the title with 9 goals only from Drogba in 04/05.

Jamie Vardy is not an elite forward - Leicester won the title.

As long as a team scores plenty of
goals they generally win the league ( I believe more often than not the highest scoring team has won the league in the modern era) and don't concede too many it is irrelevant who scores them.

The invincibles didn't have a traditional CF and they did just fine in 03/04.

Chelsea won the title with 9 goals only from Drogba in 04/05.

Jamie Vardy is not an elite forward - Leicester won the title.

As long as a team scores plenty of
goals they generally win the league ( I believe more often than not the highest scoring team has won the league in the modern era) and don't concede too many it is irrelevant who scores them.
and just like the summer we shall again agree to disagree.
Now that Coutinho money would have been well spent on Aubameyang. Now that'd be the calibre that'd take you up a level.

and just like the summer we shall again agree to disagree.
Now that Coutinho money would have been well spent on Aubameyang. Now that'd be the calibre that'd take you up a level.

Coutinho money has been converted to bit coins as an investment knowing FSG.....

I don’t rate the “assist” stat. Often it’s the ball before the final assist pass that makes the difference. It’s a bit of a flawed stat
I see what you mean. Take Carroll's 2 yard pass to Bale for his screamer at West Ham and then Eriksen's ridiculous pass for Dele Alli's goal in the FA Cup semi final last season. While one was a pass anyone on this board could have made and another just about defied the laws of physics, they both received the same 'stat.'

I thought it was a pass which leads to an assist that was scored off? Must have been mistaken this whole time !!
I think there is a stat for that pass before the pass, but think key pass is not it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back