Autopsy Rd 11 Blues create a contest but fade in the last

Which players were in your bests against the Eagles today?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Arrow toure being disingenuous if youre suggesting its merely the number of free kicks that matter.

It matters where they are given. When they were given. And whether they were given correctly.

That goes for both sides

SPS first decision was a howler, but the undisciplined 50 wasn't the umpires fault

Cripps giving a 50 away when deep in our forward line, released pressure, resulting in a goal

The free to Doc on Cameron wasn't there, the one against Yeo wasn't there

Umpiring was bad, both ways

What a load of nonsense. You just highlighted a game where we won comfortably after losing the free kick count. Let that sink in

Next you will be saying they influence Teague's lack of decision making to stem massive point swings against us

I highlighted the game as we dominated the stats, had more of the ball and won by heaps and yet somehow were on the end of a 40% differential against in the free kick count. You can’t see something wrong there ?

I highlighted the game as we dominated the stats, had more of the ball and won by heaps and yet somehow were on the end of a 40% differential against in the free kick count. You can’t see something wrong there ?

I see that you can still win a game comfortably without being on the +side of the free kick count

Control what you can, don't worry about what you can't

I see that you can still win a game comfortably without being on the +side of the free kick count

Control what you can, don't worry about what you can't

Arrow I respect your content mainly but on this issue we have to disagree. We can control it by calling it out and making a stand. We have to as a club ask questions as to why we are consistently on the wrong end of the free kick ledger. Why our players don’t get frees When the opposition do for the same thing within minutes. We have to make it known publically we aren’t happy.

70% against on the count this year that’s the facts. We’ve lost 70% of free kick counts. We’re not behind our opponents 70% of the time ... in fact we’ve won more quarters than we’ve lost. So we’re controlling big parts of games.... are our players just sloppy? Give us an answer?

When you just stop and look at it it’s absolute bias against our players and until we grow a pair we’ll continue to be trampled on.

Arrow I respect your content mainly but on this issue we have to disagree. We can control it by calling it out and making a stand. We have to as a club ask questions as to why we are consistently on the wrong end of the free kick ledger. Why our players don’t get frees When the opposition do for the same thing within minutes. We have to make it known publically we aren’t happy.

70% against on the count this year that’s the facts. We’ve lost 70% of free kick counts. We’re not behind our opponents 70% of the time ... in fact we’ve won more quarters than we’ve lost. So we’re controlling big parts of games.... are our players just sloppy? Give us an answer?

When you just stop and look at it it’s absolute bias against our players and until we grow a pair we’ll continue to be trampled on.

I don't believe it is a case of bias. Just poor decision making.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lost because of another 30 point opposition run-on during a 5-10 minute period in the third. We seriously need to work on that.

Can't argue with that.

On the flip side... when we are on a roll, we look mighty dangerous.

Haven't looked like that since the Ratts/Judd/Fev days.

You think we as a club don't speak to the umpiring department each week, like all clubs?

What stand do you think we should take, that will change the countless grey areas in our rules?

Cats have won 2 free kick counts for the year out of 10 games, has it stopped them from being in the top 8?

When looking at
The team we fielded today and in past we had enough experienced players around the ball that we shouldn't be having these 5plus goals run against every second week-- it does show that our older players aren't going to offer us any thing different in results - this has been going on for a longtime even before Teague only difference know is there not total blowout results and we are staying in the game by being able to put 3-4 goals up ourselves ... our on field leadership has to be able to change the trend and they have shown over a longtime they are incapable of this.. We also don't get enough metres gained from our half backs to counter punch quickly without switching to the corridor and sides know how to stop this now

I’m open to dropping Pitto in favour of giving TDK a full game in the ruck. It’s not as though this has been a one off game where Pittonet has been exposed - his poor form has lasted a month. I’d argue he has had more mediocre games than he has high quality ones.

While we are in a transition phase, trying to work out who the better long term ruckman is to replace Kreuzer I don’t see any harm in utilising both TDK and Pitto. Especially in this contrived cluster* of a season, which is pretty much going to script.

TDK’s athleticism will worry Darcy, who is still a developing ruck himself, so why not give him a game to push his case? We likely get Harry and/or McGovern back which completely mitigates the need to play TDK up forward, which I’m sure was the original intention anyway.

Last edited:
Loved De Koning.

Liked Cottrell.

Thought that was Willo's best game of the season.

Cannot bring myself to say anything else about the umpiring, it's just beyond a joke now.
De Koning is like a springboard unbelievably nimble, like a bigger version of fish

Cottrell in the first running with four players, four strides later, gapping them by a meter and a half very impressive

Thought it was Willo's best game for the club, still building fitness, competition lookout we've got a ripper on our hands here

I kind of got Teague’s predicament with TDK and Pitto today though. Our plan was to play TDK forward and have Pitto ruck the majority of the game, managing TDK’s minutes. TDK then spends a good 45 minutes doing well as first ruck and that makes Pitto redundant. It’s not as though we can play him forward.

Back