Autopsy Rd 13 Blues eclipse the Suns by 10 points

Remove this Banner Ad

The challenge from Bolton to the blues now is - you put in 8 good quarters, now do it again for the next two games WHICH will challenge the hell out of us with richlel wanting to atone for their loss, and then Adelaide. Gunna be exciting either way if we don't capitulate early.

I thought Murphy was one of the few who didn't have a great game - just seems he has lost touch after the bye. But he will fix that.

I know the AFL player ratings have their flaws like most systems, but Gibbs was only the 4th best player this round apparently.
Only worthy of 21.5 points to Goldstein's 23.6.
43 disposals (31 effective), 14 contested, 2 goals, 2 assists, 8 score involvements, 8 marks, 10 tackles, 7 clearances, 7 i50s, 24 pressure acts, 800m gained, only 1 free against and only 1 clanger, 194 DT points and 208 SC points.

In comparison, Danger's total points of 743.6 averages out to 18.6 over 40 games. So effectively Gibbs' once in a lifetime game that nobody has ever done before, is only ranked slightly above average compared to your typical Danger game.

EDIT: Cripps scored 32.1 ratings points for his game against the Saints. I would have expected Gibbs' to be high 20's, early 30's.

Last edited:

The challenge from Bolton to the blues now is - you put in 8 good quarters, now do it again for the next two games WHICH will challenge the hell out of us with richlel wanting to atone for their loss, and then Adelaide. Gunna be exciting either way if we don't capitulate early.

I thought Murphy was one of the few who didn't have a great game - just seems he has lost touch after the bye. But he will fix that.
Agree. Gosh its exciting. Murphy playing injured I think it has been said.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because he's small?
Will just go and check pressure acts for this week. Would be surprised if he's not top three.

EDIT: Only 14 this week. Seemed much busier than that to me.
Gibbs first with 24 and then Cripps & Cunningham with 20.

Fisher will be getting more possessions as he goes along. He's going to start standing out soon enough.

Fisher is a weird specimen.

At 175cm and 68kg, he has absolutely no right winning clearances and contested ball.

Yet 8 of his 11 were contested, and he managed 4 clearances to go with 5 tackles.

At 175cm and 68kg, he has absolutely no right winning clearances and contested ball.

Yet 8 of his 11 were contested, and he managed 4 clearances to go with 5 tackles.

Only got to see a limited amount of Fisher through the pre-season, but it was enough to tell me we had a winner on our hands.

He reads the play very well and that ability gets him to contests many others just can't........not for his speed but for his reading of play.

Next year we should start seeing 20-25 possession games from Fisher. That will make for quite a difference in quality output.

Reliable poster on TC (no not trublu) has posted that SOS has his week's Rising Star Nomination.....
I had a feeling about this week, and when SOS kicked that 2nd in the last quarter - I turned and said to my mate "SOJ is getting the nomination this week, which will make it our 4th for 2017"... please be true - he truly stood up in that last quarter and deserves a nom.

Looked back in the RS history a few years and you'd have to go back to 2012 to see a team with more than 3 in a single year. Shows how great our youth is. Especially when you consider we're supposed to be 2 years 'behind' Saints, Dees etc in our rebuild but they've never had 3-4 in a single year. Seeing our kids come through and so quickly, all together, is giving me weekly chills.

Regarding Aphrodite's post above...

It's just not in my culture to filter all the so called negative comments and tar them with the same brush. I just don't understand that mentality. I see every situation and take every comment on its own merits. When we were crap, I was pretty negative. When we are considering trading away multiple draft picks, I'm very negative about that, too. I'm a bit smug at the moment because I can see we are building something but I'm also realistic enough to realise things can still change pretty quickly. I can't say I've put to memory the username of a single poster who I would categorise as a 'usual suspect' in regards to being negative (unless some uncharitable people count myself) so I'm guessing that says more about the people who can. I can, however, remember the names of a few of the 'thought police' types on other Carlton forums and I find them to be far more 'negative'.

Last edited:

Very good numbers from limited touches.

Shows how busy he got in tight and his effort was top notch. Extra time in the gym and experience, look out i say.

Plus he kicked one of the winning points last week :drunk:

DCqZ9hoVoAQRdZk.jpg

Regarding Aphrodite's post above...

It's just not in my culture to filter all the so called negative comments and tar them with the same brush. I just don't understand that mentality. I see every situation and take every comment on its own merits. When we were crap, I was pretty negative. When we are considering trading away multiple draft picks, I'm very negative about that, too. I'm a bit smug at the moment because I can see we are building something but I'm also realistic enough to realise things can still change pretty quickly. I can't say I've put to memory the username of a single poster who I would categorise as a 'usual suspect' in regards to being negative (unless some uncharitable people count myself) so I'm guessing that says more about the people who can. I can, however, remember the names of a few of the 'thought police' types on other Carlton forums and I find them to be far more 'negative'.

You should spend more time in the Game Day & Autopsy threads.

I certainly won't be naming names but most around these parts know who the 'negative nellies' are.

They only appear to dig the boots into the players & the Club.

Bryce Gibbs vs Gold Coast:

43 disposals, 10 tackles, 7 clearances & 2 goals.
He is a gun midfielder and has been for 3-4 years now - and that's been in a losing team.

Horribly underrated by opposition supporters who don't watch him play on a weekly basis.

Adelaide first pick is not even close to enough.

You can add a few Carlton supporters to that as well. Good to see the recognition for him.

I hated the prospect of losing him last year and reckon he is probably the most important senior player on our list during this rebuild.

Such a shame that the best years of Simmo, Murphy & Gibbs have been wasted really.

Great players and Carlton servants.

Still 3 of our best players. They deserve a stronger team around them so that their good form results in more wins and finals.
Hopefully we can really shoot up next year and give Simmo at least one last taste of finals action and to reward Murphy and Gibbs too.

This is Carlton mate. The only person I remember wasting time at Carlton is Malthouse.

I get what you mean but remember some of the great players didn't even play a final.

This is Carlton mate. The only person I remember wasting time at Carlton is Malthouse.

I get what you mean but remember some of the great players didn't even play a final.
I know he played one but Bobby Skilton is the first player that comes to mind when talking about greats suffering lack of success.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back