Preview Rd 14 2022 Richmond Vs Carlton MCG 7:20 Thursday 16th

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think their midfield is a little stronger then ours and their forwards as much as I hate them are bloody good. Curnow and Mckay are the 2 best right now I reckon. Balta/Tarrant & Grimes are going to be incredibly important in this game.

No lie, their midfield is a LOT stronger than ours, especially if Dusty is out.

One of the reasons that the Pies defeated the Blues was because of the two rucks structure, Cameron and Cox.
Cameron thrashed De Koning.
We are not going to ruck Nank solo and risk an injury.
Very good points about Jack and Meatballs being injured last time.
We allowed Cripps to range across half forward and nail some goals.
Obviously, Walsh and Hewett are their other two key mids, hopefully Cerra out.
We have some big talls waiting in the wings.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So I thought the Demons mids were stronger against the pies before the game
Pies exploited the no.May factor
We need to exploit the no Weitering factor.
shemons destroyed em in centre clearances all day,but not around the ground and still lost,like us Melbourne had FA cohesion with delivery into the fwd 50,it was faaarkin woeful, very similar to ours in our losses

As stupid as it may sound but this is the first week where Carlton will feel the effect of not having Jacob. Last week against the Bombers it was a wet game, Stringer (the parcel) was pulling Castagna stats and the whole forward line in general had no structure so the Carlton defenders were left to do as they pleased. This week (even without dusty) they are going up against a side with Lynch, Jack and Bolton who combined are going to be hard to stop.

pies loads of leg speed,something we lack in spades,n im talkin leg speed with the ball,not this castagna,aarts and mrj illusion of runnin round w/o the faarkin thing, good luck tiges from here on in,we'll win a few against the slow movers & struggle big time against genuine speed teams,speed is king
I think when a team connects well and run the right lines it does make them look quick. Yes the Pies have a couple of players who would be considered quick but so do we but have been slow as treacle on occasions. They did look quick today but the Dee's lost the momentum in the end and just had no answer.

During our premiership years I don't think we had a huge amount of pace but we looked quick because we had good connection across the ground and moved the ball with precision. We just don't have that same connection/precision at the moment and this makes us appear a bit slower than the better teams at times.

dimmer said he will be around dusty's tonight to rub vix on his chest

reckon he will play
dusty should hock up some big green gorbys into a parcel and send it to optus oval in a parcel

you know what dawned on me? IF we get one player in thats new, doesn't perform smashingly then he is back in the twos in a split second. Could you imagine Edawrds, Rance etc in the early days not getting a game how they wouldve ended up ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back