Autopsy Rd 14 Blues go down by 26 in an ugly game

Remove this Banner Ad

Was at the game, thought we were okay without every really threatening, was a bonus to be in the game the whole time. The Carlton of old would've got smashed by 65+, but we can't expect to win every week. Keep pumping games into our kids, hopefully get Fisher, Cuners and Williamson back sooner than later.

Those worried about our lack of scoring power need to be reminded we are just over halfway through our rebuild and have 2 more years of embracing the draft and doing beneficial trades. The last 2 weeks has given a lot of us unrealistic expectations about winning most week, we also cannot underestimate Richmond who look very good this year.

Kreuzer and Docherty have been amazing all year and Cripps looks to be building with every game, hopefully Cripps can have a full pre-season next year and he will be almost unstoppable.

What about the flog Reiwoldt's comments:
“I assume he might have been targeted physically by the Carlton players,” Riewoldt told ABC Grandstand.

“It’s extremely out of character. I haven’t seen it, but I can really vouch for Bachar and say that he would never do something like that on purpose."

“I only caught briefly the umpire saying that he’d reported Bachar for striking, so there’s got to be something behind it — whether it’s being held off the play and a reaction or what not."

“I couldn’t speak highly enough of Bachar and I’m sure there’s certainly a story behind it.”

Source : http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/bac...t/news-story/b89cbfb1de2d86d3ba90cbe855ce6dfe

Maybe Carlton players should start getting rubbed out for getting cracked in the head. As was the case with Cripps/Lewis it surely had to have been the Carlton player asking for it.

Both Lewis and Bachar certainly not at fault in the slightest and Shame on the Carlton people for even thinking it.

He's a long shot at the moment. Still haven't seen much I've been excited by.

He's obviously quick and has good skills but his output is very poor. I'd prefer he was played as a mid but his current fitness isn't up to it and his performance as a small forward have been so-so.

He was elite runner as a junior so hopefully just a very slow burn but I'm dubious
I take your point, but he didn't play alot of footy last year, and he missed the majority of the preseason. See how he's going in 12 months time after he hopefully remains injury free.

A pretty dour game...not particularly exciting. I thought we were a bit top heavy all over the ground. We simply could not match Richmond's running power, particularly from behind. Richmond also play a high press which prevents us from switching as per usual. Our high half forwards did not provide enough pressure, which really hurt.

In summary, we are 3-4 quality midfielders who can rotate up forward and a small defender short. Williamson and Byrne will of course fill the defenders void and Fisher and Cuningham add some extra pressure up forward and through the midfielder. Unfortunately SPS and Pickett could not offer much precense. Not the end of the world - they will develop

I take your point, but he didn't play alot of footy last year, and he missed the majority of the preseason. See how he's going in 12 months time after he hopefully remains injury free.

All well and good, but he's undoubtably been poor. He's been gifted games due to our lack of quality in the area and injury and earlier in the year had a pretty charmed run at selection.

He's going to need to improve significantly to develop into the player we want him to be. He's been in the bottom few players in every game he's played with us bar the pre-season game against Fremantle and at times has been a liability with his lack of fitness. Rightly he needs to be treated like a 1st year player given his injury history and inexperience but I'm still waiting for him to do something at AFL level that suggests he'll make it.

DDOo2iGUAAAPo6o.jpg

Murphy:

Game-high 26 pressure acts. Great application!

2 tackles...........

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet, but at the game, even the crowd felt flat.

The other thing that surprised me was the lack of outrage towards Houli after the elbow.
Sure he copped some light booing, but honestly, back in the day the crowd would have been going FERAL every time he got near the ball. The teams remonstration after the hit was a bit lack lustre too!

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet, but at the game, even the crowd felt flat.

The other thing that surprised me was the lack of outrage towards Houli after the elbow.
Sure he copped some light booing, but honestly, back in the day the crowd would have been going FERAL every time he got near the ball. The teams remonstration after the hit was a bit lack lustre too!
I noticed that ..Big Cas should of dropped the shoulder into him as he walked past but done sfa

Dour game. I was a bit disappointed that we didnt go harder at Houli directly after the cheap shot and also throughout the rest of the game. Im not saying whack the bloke but he shouldve been roughed up at every opportunity, it was a disgraceful hit. Thought we couldve stood up for ourselves a bit more.

the crowd in my section were heavily booing houli everytime he went near the ball.
would have been nice to get a win, i had a FANTASTIC Seat (i didnt realise untill i had gotten to the game and was directed to my seat.)

loved cripps mark, i could see the overall progression of the team, but it was a very ugly game.

#glasshalffullguyhere

He got 2 votes from each coach... 2 + 2 = 4... you're welcome.

:D

Actually not very likely... Martin (10) took the 5's, so the only way Rance can get both 2's is if Kreuzer (5) and Lambert (5) took both 4's and both 1's (which would leave Cripps and Grigg each with a 3 and a 0).

It's a pretty interesting set of votes: two of the last three (i.e. Rance 4, Cripps 3, Grigg 3) received votes from only one coach. Hard to believe either coach rated Cripps outside the top 5 (surely?), so quite likely Rance scored a 4 and a 0. I bloody hope Bolton gave him 0 :thumbsu:.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back