Game Day Rd 19 Tigers v Hawks

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The nothing to lose, everything to gain line has been trotted out all week but we have to show something in this game, a big loss and doubt has to start creeping in.

Come on you might Tigers, lets play some fooooooooooooooooootbaaaaaaaaawl!!

The nothing to lose, everything to gain line has been trotted out all week but we have to show something in this game, a big loss and doubt has to start creeping in.

Come on you might Tigers, lets play some fooooooooooooooooootbaaaaaaaaawl!!
The biggest thing to lose will be percentage, but F that! Lets gain some!!

Wish I could go but it's my wife's birthday, I know priorities right. Got my AFL app close by.

From reading the preview thread, you'd think the sky is falling :rolleyes: let's at least save the pessimism for AFTER we get reamed.
This.

2 weeks ago, most would not have expected that we'd win more than one of the next three against Freo, Sydney and Hawthorn. Many would have expected that we'd win none. Well, we are 1 for 2 so far and a loss today won't be a disaster if it happens. As long as it is a competitive performance like last week and we don't suffer a soul destroying 12+ goal loss, I think we can all move on without any hysteria.

This.

2 weeks ago, most would not have expected that we'd win more than one of the next three against Freo, Sydney and Hawthorn. Many would have expected that we'd win none. Well, we are 1 for 2 so far and a loss today won't be a disaster if it happens. As long as it is a competitive performance like last week and we don't suffer a soul destroying 12+ goal loss, I think we can all move on without any hysteria.

I know right? One loss to a VERY good Swans on the SCG and suddenly we can't play, are slow, have no decent forwards, Buddy is going to kick 10 on us and we have no ability to recruit good players. 30 years of misery has turns Richmond supporters into a collective bunch of mentally soft whiners. Grow a backbone people we are still 6th, no one expected us to be top 4 this year.

Rain is about 4-5 hours away according to the BOM radar

Didn't we get a little rain at last years game too.......you know the one that went against the script ? :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How do we win today?
By being bold and showing that we believe we are good enough to beat anyone, and by fighting tooth and claw no matter what the state of the game is.
Prediction: Tigers to miss out by not much.

I think this will be quite a good game.

What do people think the match ups will be?

Buddy =
Hale =
Roughhead =
Gunston =

Jack =
McGuane =
Astbury (if be plays forward) =
Stephenson =

Apart from Jack, don't really see much potency in the RFC forward line, I think we will see Deledio maybe CHF or closer to goal perhaps and mids rotating through the forward line, more than we have previously - thoughts?

Cheers,

Another big test for Richmond today against the team on top of the ladder. Hawthorn have lots of quality players in their team. It will need to be a team effort if we are to beat them.

I like having 3 tall forwards against Hawthorn. Luke McGuane can take a mark in a contest and kick goals. Then we have Maric and Stephenson who can rotate through the forward line. At the very least they should be able to provide a contest. Hopefully they be will be able to take some of the attention away from Jack.

Go Tigers!

Buddy = Rance
Hale = Possibly McGuane
Roughhead = Chap
Gunston = Astbury

Jack = Lake
McGuane = Gib
Astbury (if be plays forward) = Stratton?
Stephenson = Is our best chance playing O 90% ruck and Mullet mainly forward?

I think you will find the resting ruck will be playing down back to plug the hole and reduce the effectiveness of the giant Hawks forward line. McGuane and Jack willl be forwards, Astbury Rance and Chaplin down back with Maric and Stephenson plugging the hole.

Call me crazy but I believe we're a good chance today. Cold wet windy conditions and the wide open spaces of the G make it a lot harder for the Hawks to maintain control of the ball and also harder for them to press when we have the ball. That being said we need to be brave and take them on rather than going into our shells.

Team news: Ceglar in for Bailey. Whitecross and Tuck the subs.

Cue meltdowns at Tuck being sub.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back