Game Day Rd. 22 Fremantle vs. Brisbane Lions 1:10pm @ The Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I know this gets mentioned every game and it is obviously not as important as the game itself, but the commentary in the AFL is really substandard. I think the American sports leagues have a nice balance of professional callers and ex-players.

The way the commentators harp on about 'their' strategies or how they would coach drives me up the wall. Feel like the game needs more callers and less 'expert' opinions.

A LOT of tired boys who have played a season prematurely, and a lot of tired older players who haven't had the luxury of experience around them.

Let's hope we've seen the last of the injury cloud.

I know this gets mentioned every game and it is obviously not as important as the game itself, but the commentary in the AFL is really substandard. I think the American sports leagues have a nice balance of professional callers and ex-players.

The way the commentators harp on about 'their' strategies or how they would coach drives me up the wall. Feel like the game needs more callers and less 'expert' opinions.

Yep, the unprofessionalism in AFL commentary does my head in, especially coming off something like the World Cup. Well said.

Whilst it would have had no impact on the outcome, the umpiring has again been a disgrace.

In general, the standard of umpiring year after year is just plummeting when the focus is on 'runners' as opposed to umpires with actual footy nous and a feel for the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back