Game Day Rd. 22 Fremantle vs. Brisbane Lions 1:10pm @ The Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this gets mentioned every game and it is obviously not as important as the game itself, but the commentary in the AFL is really substandard. I think the American sports leagues have a nice balance of professional callers and ex-players.

The way the commentators harp on about 'their' strategies or how they would coach drives me up the wall. Feel like the game needs more callers and less 'expert' opinions.

Not to mention most of the supposed 'experts' on footy related shows. Seven's AFL Gameday on Sunday is nothing more than a circle of jerk of players, Hame :rolleyes: and recently retired players that do nothing more than back slap one another and opposition players etc., with next to no criticism or considered analysis that is negative.

I think you'll find that once the errors go out of this team, we will have a very good side.

Look at Freo and they just kill your mistakes and they make very little, no flashiness about the way they go, just effective.

Must be close to our highest score against Freo for a couple of years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Talking up Lewy as Rising Star. Everyone knows the selectors read the main board on Bigfooty and see the circle jerking over Bonts.

I didn't like how Frawley couldn't answer a thing about the panel's selection process of the Rising star. I imagine it's just a chat over a few beers at the end of the season based on the few games they did watch.

A dismal first half but still plenty to take from this game.

Freeman, Clarke, Patfull, Mcstay, Rockliff, Taylor, can hold up their heads. Harwood has effort but needs polish. Everyone looks like they need a good break.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back