Review Rd 3, GCS vs Hawthorn - Metricon Stadium Sunday April 9 4.40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah yeah let's not start sucking anyone's dicks just yet. Predictable win (albeit larger margin) against a shithouse Hawks 2017 version but it won't mean anything unless we go down to Melbourne and smash the blues. Week is a long time in footy. One of the best parts of the win for me was Lynch/Wright only combined 2 goals, on song we literally have weapons all over the park. Let's beat the blues, figuratively and literally.

Good to see the faith repaid but the melbourne media still wont give us a chance they'll just focus on hawthorn. Always full of negativity.
I went looking for the story about us being relocated to Tassie. It's disappeared suddenly

From a selfish pov, you guys have not done us a favour- we have to face Clarko and his troops Easter Monday, but that was such an enjoyable viewing experience, and really hope this is the start of your foray into the 8.

Holidaying in GC, so heading to Metricon for the first time this afternoon to show some northern state solidarity and add support for the home team.

IMO, Suns list are a top 8 team on paper. Last week at Spotless an aberration, you caught us on the rebound from Round 1.

Move the ball at speed today and you can definitely take the Hawks, particularly in this warmer weather.

Good luck Suns!

ps. Any suggestions re best food options inside Metricon?

Congrats Suns - we enjoyed our visit to Metricon as 'neutrals'.

Good weather, excellent stadium, great home supporters and the Hawks get flogged.

The home fan experience vs Hawks at Metricon is spookily similar to Spotless!

ps. And the slow cooked burgers at the NW end of Metricon are awesome.

Great win, glad to see O'maggot suffer in his jocks. But, lets not get to carried away. I still remember being 3-0 this time last year and thinking we were killing it. But in hindsight the 3 teams we beat end up being very ordinary. Stoked for the group, hope we dont let complacency become a problem next week.

If we scored a single more point we'd be one position higher on the ladder FWIW

Percentage going to be so important if we're going to be any chance to make finals, hope we can develop a bit of a ruthless streak

Last edited:
Been a 7 year member and last week was the closest I've ever been to folding it in, I take back everything bad I said, swore and screamed last weekend and during the week. What a ******* game, not a passenger in the side. Every single one of the boys should be feeling very proud to wear our jumper tonight, I has hoping for a response but tonight was something else. Watching the boys hunt the ball in a pack and the movement and teamwork was brilliant. This game is now our benchmark for the season, we can play like it so we need to play like this every weekend. And I love you Gary, greatest modern footballer we have seen.
GO THE SUNS

That's an amazing stat. Cheers mate!
You're welcome.:thumbsu:

Now how about going for the Unattainable Treble: Win rd 19 by 100+ pts, lose rd 20 by 100 pts and win rd 21 by 100+ pts?:wink:

BTW you're welcome for Mickey Barlow. He was greatly loved by all Freo supporters.

And finally, can you send us the installation instructions for Harley Bennell? We have no idea how to get him to go.:coldsweat:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well done fellas! I was the only one in my league to tip the suns. I just think you have all the makings of a damn decent side. Enjoy the wins along the way.

As the dogs proved last year: when it comes together, it can come in an absolute rush!

Avoided posting the last couple weeks because, well, it would've just been a big sook-fest. But the boys have made up for it in spades... so so happy right now! Got texts from heaps of people during the game loving every minute of it. Wish there was some way we could show the players how much the effort is appreciated. Like a big thank-you sign outside metricon or something

Remove this Banner Ad

Back