Autopsy Rd 4 Blues beat Suns but it wasn't pretty

Who did their job in round 4 vs the Suns?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

That’s their job, they have 3 things to do
1. Run around the boundary line, sometimes really really fast
2. Blow a whistle
3. Throw the bloody ball in

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Didn't think so.

I think, if we can wait, Bucks would make a superb senior assistant/opposition analyst.

He's very one-track wheh it comes to coaching; play the way your opponent doesn't like. He's also pretty decent at clearance work. Could be a terrific assistant coach, if losing the Collingwood job knocks a bit of the Figjam out.
Media I hope. He's brilliant at it.

You should have been at the 2s. The boundary umpire was struggling to get the ball back onto the field when throwing back into the wind
Then they should be sacked and sent to Siberia.

Didn't think so.

Back when I was young and fit, easily. But then I was playing baseball, trained twice and played once a week. Had a rocket arm.

Stop being an apologist, it’s their job. They train for it and do it every weekend. It was very poor, nothing else to it

That’s their job, they have 3 things to do
1. Run around the boundary line, sometimes really really fast
2. Blow a whistle
3. Throw the bloody ball in

maybe their arms were tired from all the signaling of weiterings "on the full"

amazing how the boundary umpires woeful efforts only disadvantaged our bloke..........
I can't say that I noticed the throw ins to be honest, although I do recall the commentators mention once or twice that it didn't make the distance, or something to that effect.
But I can see how that would disadvantage our bloke more than theirs. Considering we had a CLEAR ruck advantage in this game, the ball failing to reach the ruck contest properly would obviously lessen that advantage.

Loved JSOS hitting Greenwood with a big tackle in the last (the tackle before he hurt his shoulder). We were crying out all night for someone to lay a big one on him. Pitto or Cas should’ve seen the need to help out Crippa. Would be good to see more mongrel... Fog and Parks seem to have it.

Saad’s last quarters have been very good - tries his heart out, has stopped some quick turnovers, has layers some good tackles, taken steadying marks... Against the Suns, his injury became more obvious as q4 went on but he kept his output high. Very professional.
I remember when we got Pitto that the talk was that he loved the physical play, loved a good tackle and was a bit in the mold of Mummy (minus the trying to hurt blokes bit). Haven't really seen that from him at all yet, and this year, he has 4 tackles from 4 games, although our tackling as a whole has been below par.
Would really like him to make his presence known a bit more.

I watched the game again and the umpiring in the first half in particular was just plain biased towards the home team. Disgracefully so. Having said that, we really were horrible and lucky to have played GC. Hopefully we don’t serve that up tomorrow. Goodbye.

I watched the game again and the umpiring in the first half in particular was just plain biased towards the home team. Disgracefully so. Having said that, we really were horrible and lucky to have played GC. Hopefully we don’t serve that up tomorrow. Goodbye.
I really don't see how you can come to that conclusion. Had we kicked even half of the shots we missed, we'd have won by 6 goals.

I mean, at no point did we look like losing it. At no point did they look like taking the game away from us. There was no 5 goal run from them. It was as dominant an eleven point win can be.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really don't see how you can come to that conclusion. Had we kicked even half of the shots we missed, we'd have won by 6 goals.

I mean, at no point did we look like losing it. At no point did they look like taking the game away from us. There was no 5 goal run from them. It was as dominant an eleven point win can be.
I heard someone, maybe on a podcast, say that in person it felt like we were in much more control than the telecast portrayed, that it was a lot more ‘comfortable’ to watch live. As they gained possession and tried to move the ball forward we had already begun getting players back and their options were limited or just not there. Something like that anyway.

Back