Autopsy Rd 8 Blues deserving but no reward again

Who played well in Round 8?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

The frees might have been there.... BUT WHAT ABOUT THE ONES YOU DIDNT PAY. Bloody pathetic... but great team game carlton.
Pendlebury is a protected species big time it is a joke and they should be ashamed of themselves after that game, 2 free kicks in the second half to us unbelievable bias 24 -8 for the game they had 9 in the first term alone.

Was grumbling earlier to myself about the Crows trade, but gee Stocker looks like he could be sensational. Real grunt and menace about him. Was heavily involved and when he was going through the midfield looked very composed and clean. On a side note I loved how he whacked every pie player he came across during stoppage or free kicks, just the sort of mongrel we need.
Noticed that and my thought was exactly yours, that's what we need. Someone with mongrel

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Not sure why people complaining about umpiring it didn’t cost the game.

Strategy 1 from opposition coaches - isolate Plowman as much as you can on the last line = goals.

A good 50 percent of their score went through him.

Can’t knock anyone else on the field today (yes even though Weitering’s kick and some other over use / delivery forward at times) Total turnaround in general from last week.

Really liked Silvagni’s game today. He’s working so hard to become a good, useful player.
Yes it did.

Sure we ran out of steam also and a few errors. Crippa made a few too.
We were unlucky with the toss because that pocket we were defending had them losing their feet as the fatigue came in.
Buckley changed the tactics, they went from playing the ball to playing the man when we got ahead with 15 to go. He panicked. They got away with a dozen infringements.

Yes we were robbed.

This mod has a long history of disgraceful thread titles.

He is a disgrace to the board and to the club, he just needs to temper his testosterone a bit. Wish I could ignore him. Also wish the other mods on this board who are really sensible and fair got to start these types of threads. Because an unstable angry mod sets the tone for everyone to follow and pile on when it is not warrented.

You don't like it then you can bugger off.

ShanDog is a credit to this board.

Yes it did.

Sure we ran out of steam also and a few errors. Crippa made a few too.
We were unlucky with the toss because that pocket we were defending had them losing their feet as the fatigue came in.
Buckley changed the tactics, they went from playing the ball to playing the man when we got ahead with 15 to go. He panicked. They got away with a dozen infringements.

Yes we were robbed.

We werent robbed stop the nonsense. Unlucky yes its a game we should have won in the coaches box last 10 minutes.

Not sure why people complaining about umpiring it didn’t cost the game.

Strategy 1 from opposition coaches - isolate Plowman as much as you can on the last line = goals.

A good 50 percent of their score went through him.

Can’t knock anyone else on the field today (yes even though Weitering’s kick and some other over use / delivery forward at times) Total turnaround in general from last week.

Really liked Silvagni’s game today. He’s working so hard to become a good, useful player.

Absolutely rubbish to pin that on Plowman today. He was immense.

Thought Elena must be umpiring! Before the presser I hope our media team cut up a video of all those shocking calls.. the Plowman non free was astonishing. Cop a fine so what...

This is the point in the season where we’ll just go all that effort for no reward and just pull one surprise win round 19 and end up 2/20 again.

Sadly Bolts just can’t get them to close a game... downfall.
Thought Elena must be umpiring! Before the presser I hope our media team cut up a video of all those shocking calls.. the Plowman non free was astonishing. Cop a fine so what...

This is the point in the season where we’ll just go all that effort for no reward and just pull one surprise win round 19 and end up 2/20 again.

I think Bolts should be allowed to coach out the season. There are green shoots but there are yet to be seasoned shoots. If at the end of 2019 we have continued to rack up more honorable losses (which didn't just start this season) and few wins it would be time for a(nother) fresh take on our future - this would signify that after almost 20 years corporate decisions have been grossly lacking...... and very sadly not instill great confidence for season 2020.

Clubs putting a lot more homeowrk into him now, double teamed alot. Needs to adjust, and will. Plus we weren't very clean going fwd.

I do not want him doing centre bounces but a run around the ground every now and then (his marking is awesome) while Kreuze is reaching full fitness

I think Bolts should be allowed to coach out the season. There are green shoots but there are yet to be seasoned shoots. If at the end of 2019 we have continued to rack up more honorable losses (which didn't just start this season) and few wins it would be time for a(nother) fresh take on our future - this would signify that after almost 20 years corporate decisions have been grossly lacking...... and very sadly not instill great confidence for season 2020.

Quote that again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I do not want him doing centre bounces but a run around the ground every now and then (his marking is awesome) while Kreuze is reaching full fitness
Should be able to rotate all 3 of McKay, curnow and McGovern as all can play the same role. One deep, 2 up and rotate.

McGovern was very good today. Probably needs to get a bit more ball in general but 3 goals is a good return and has kicked a goal every game.

I think that the AFL needs to review this game and sack the 3 umpires who were in charge. At 3/4 time... one of the umpires walking off joking with Pendlebury.

There were 6 free kicks to halftime, with 3 of those being OOF's. Then for the second half, 2 free kicks. At least 4 of their goals came from gift free kicks or the umpiring blatantly ignoring a Carlton free kick (Elliott holding Plowman and dragging him to the ground)!

Anyone defending the piss poor umpiring performance needs to go and see specsavers!

Absolutely rubbish to pin that on Plowman today. He was immense.
I agree. Plowman was good. We failed...as a team....in the clinches of the final minutes of the game. We are physically at AFL standard.....IMO we lack the required mental toughness. Another psychologist or two may be of more than incremental benefit.

I'm serious. You watch his body movements in traffic. He has good spatial awareness. How good was that tap that led to a goal in the last quarter.
Agreed. Not sure how it can't be seen that Cunners is coming along very nicely. Composure and time in traffic, core strength to stand up in or slip the tackle. And a dual position player dangerous as a forward and mid, exactly what we have needed. Starting to find more footy and in more dangerous positions as well.

I didn't see it. But if that goal was touched it'll be a huge issue this week. Lots of questions around the automatic goal review system

Shattered but I'm calling it now - Blues will play finals next year.

This team is growing enormously and has so much upside. To outplay last year's grand finalist and one of the 2 standout teams of this year so far is huge, regardless of the result. All the result showed was that Collingwood have more polish.

I can't agree. If the team effectively competes for 3+ qtrs but then capitulates under pressure in the final minutes (as we have done in several games) it seems to me the problem is not age, physical or skills based, but a mental (between the ears) one. The teams that win premierships at lower levels of AFL are the ones that can lift under pressure at critical times.
Not today. Bit of youthful fatigue yes. But not pressure. It was something that Bolton is not allowed to comment on that did us.

I am sorry friends, but umpiring didn't cost us the game, our kids running out of gas, and lack of on field assurance and gravitas in the final stanza did.

I reckon we need to focus on what we did wrong in the final quarter, rather than complain about the umpires.

This game and its replay should prove to be an excellent education tool for our kids and coaching staff.

5 mins to go, up by a goal. Shouldnt lose by that much.
Was a great effort till that time and just gave it away in the end
Sure some bad calls but we were not up to it in the last 5 minutes
Bust your ass all day and they get more than 2 goals in front with minutes to go, your gonna drop your head

Back