Autopsy Rd 8 Blues deserving but no reward again

Who played well in Round 8?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Beautiful effort!!! In no world can the bottom team get near the top team with a free kick differential such as that and we gave it a huge crack.

Can not believe the amount of non calls that weren’t payed in the last compared to the ones Collingwood got.

Super list we have built though...couple mature inclusions at years end along with physical development and it is game time boys and girls, serious game time!

This.

JSOS is a maniac in the contests. Just never ever gives up. He always manages to at least halve the contest and stick his tackles.

Countless times our tackles are just weak and are.broken so easily. And learn to tackle to affect...tackling the hips does aboslitlrly nothing if they have free arms and still get a handball off to teammates. It infuriates me.
Yeah this. Our tackles leave their arms free to get the hands away and off they go. Although to be fair, setterfield does it perfectly and gets 2 weeks.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I’ve said it before you need smart back man that don’t make dumb decisions.marchbank and plowman both have poor skills don’t guard the goal line and why do they punch the ball constantly back into play and don’t kill it out of bounds ?

Maybe if we played a little slower and more tactical final 10 minutes then perhaps the backline wouldnt be bombarded as it did.

Murphy was very good and what we want but after stocker and Walsh put their head over the ball and it was his turn to go, he didn't. One hand, lost the contest and they kicked the goal to go more than a goal in front.

Not good enough from a 'leader'

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
He was very good, not anymore, which at his age is fair enough; but that effort that you refer to I noticed was shocking.

You know when Essendon fans feel Carlton are hard done by the umpires that something is wrong.

Collingwood have been getting looked after week after week after week its become a joke.

Seems like Essendon and Richmond fans are the ones that are mostly recognising it. Might be the only thing our three clubs ever agree on. Umpires and AFL love Collingwood.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hate the thread title. Should be the real story - Blues robbed at the death by **** umpiring. It was ordinary all day and that's fine because sometimes you have to deal with that. But in the last 5 minutes, bad calls literally change the game and that's what they did on THREE occasions. Two non-frees to Plowman AND one of those goals was clearly touched.

Get ******. ******* pricks.

I'm sure when I'm calm I'll be a bit more stoic about it and the team's performance, but for at least the next couple of hours everything can go **** itself.

I considered it Shan, but I decided not to let my emotions be highlighted in neon lights.

This.

JSOS is a maniac in the contests. Just never ever gives up. He always manages to at least halve the contest and stick his tackles.

Countless times our tackles are just weak and are.broken so easily. And learn to tackle to affect...tackling the hips does aboslitlrly nothing if they have free arms and still get a handball off to teammates. It infuriates me.
Gibbo was pretty good too.

Good effort here by the Baggers...caught the Woods on a bad day and were after them all 4 quarters

Now you could say we had a good chance to win.....however more likely Woods were forced to play flat out late,tough game.

The boys are not that far off some wins,are playing AFL grade stuff and should take a bit from this effort.

Bolton should have them winning by now you would think by our list now,which is not bad

I think we will wins a few this season especially late,but its not going to be a lot......if we stay nailed to bottom all season,something is wrong and Bolton is going to have to be review and some of the assistants.......i just dont think things are quite correct
Don't agree. They cant play against that kind of football when we turned it on. Just like West Coast did to them. They may win a flag..(though I dont think so) but it won't be from great footy. Its scrappy keepings off they play. But we did run out of gas. Thats the hard part to endure with so many young blokes with hardly any conditioning.

Not sure why people complaining about umpiring it didn’t cost the game.

Strategy 1 from opposition coaches - isolate Plowman as much as you can on the last line = goals.

A good 50 percent of their score went through him.

Can’t knock anyone else on the field today (yes even though Weitering’s kick and some other over use / delivery forward at times) Total turnaround in general from last week.

Really liked Silvagni’s game today. He’s working so hard to become a good, useful player.

Back