RDFNL 2018 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Broadford losing Phillpott I hear..

Will be a loss to a young list but they Didn’t really have him this year, well in the same vein as years prior at least.
The fact he stuck around when many others didn’t was noble so if he does decide to go I’m sure the club would appreciate his onfield service over the past few years

Last edited:
Will be a loss to a young list but they Didn’t really have him this year, well in the same vein as years prior at least.
The fact he stuck around when many others didn’t was noble so if he does decide to go I’m sure the club would appreciate his onfield service over the past few years
Am o being a bit harsh to say I feel he got hung out to dry as coach last year, seemed like a decent bloke and lacked support though. Hope he isn't lost to coaching as its hard to judge from last year whether he could coach or not.

Am o being a bit harsh to say I feel he got hung out to dry as coach last year, seemed like a decent bloke and lacked support though.

Hung out to dry? I’ve got no affiliation to the club and I 100% knew the situation so I doubt anyone went in blind. As they say it’s hard to pull up ya socks if ya ain’t got any on.

Besides, I fielded a call from a mate in another comp to the north enquiring about James as a late recruit on the cusp of the season, had no idea until I cut him off saying he was appointed coach at Broadford so unsure even in March if he was totally into it.

Regardless, been 3 years pretty good onfield service.

Yeh heard tonight myself from a Rupo lad "we've picked up 5-6 good ones"

Outside of that, surely there's the usual RDFL club hopping for $50-$100 more a week. Who's jumping ship to play against those who were mates this time last year?

I'll say it again, an RDFL trade period could be quite entertaining :D

Fairsuckofyhesaucebottle.
Yep I agree Rupo have flag in bag not worth trying to beat em.Please nobody post who ya clubs recruiting cos it dont matter.Pffft
So who has every club picked up, let us know, or are we all just gonna belt the Rupo people for feeling a bit content about their start to the summer? Let's have it bro don't be shy? Whose Kanga's picked up, whose Lancefield got, are Macedon recruiting? Riddell got any new ones? Cmon don't be silent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So who has every club picked up, let us know, or are we all just gonna belt the Rupo people for feeling a bit content about their start to the summer? Let's have it bro don't be shy? Whose Kanga's picked up, whose Lancefield got, are Macedon recruiting? Riddell got any new ones? Cmon don't be silent.

I believe the Hawks have already picked up 3-4 former EDFL players who have relationship with new coach. Have lost Arnold to ridiculous coin up north. They will be pushing for one of lower spots in top 6.

I believe the Hawks have already picked up 3-4 former EDFL players who have relationship with new coach. Have lost Arnold to ridiculous coin up north. They will be pushing for one of lower spots in top 6.

Hey yaablet, that’s another club for Arnold. Will be his 3rd club in 3 years. The kid can play and it’s not easy to find key versitile defenders like him, but he needs to settle at a club for a few years.

Fairsuckofyhesaucebottle.
Yep I agree Rupo have flag in bag not worth trying to beat em.Please nobody post who ya clubs recruiting cos it dont matter.Pffft
Love seeing these guys put under the pump I reckon it’s funny especially the response they give to post like this but agree barfly they have got the flag in the bag :)

Love seeing these guys put under the pump I reckon it’s funny especially the response they give to post like this but agree barfly they have got the flag in the bag :)
How's Broadford going Dave? Must be pleased withya work there I would imagine, of course though ur not involved now are ya??? Well done Dave.

How's Broadford going Dave? Must be pleased withya work there I would imagine, of course though ur not involved now are ya??? Well done Dave.
Yeah cheers mate was a lot hard yakka but we where on the right track lot fund raising great team effort by many , as you know unfortunate my wife almost past away and still dealing with her illness so we decided to make a life change that she wanted to move to far North Queensland and we are loving it not sure what happen after Deano left but would have loved to stay on but as you would understand family always comes first , again thanks for your positive thoughts on the hard work we all did down there
Now I know your post wasn’t aimed that way but knowing why I moved on I hope you feel good about what you posted mate merry Xmas

Yeah cheers mate was a lot hard yakka but we where on the right track lot fund raising great team effort by many , as you know unfortunate my wife almost past away and still dealing with her illness so we decided to make a life change that she wanted to move to far North Queensland and we are loving it not sure what happen after Deano left but would have loved to stay on but as you would understand family always comes first , again thanks for your positive thoughts on the hard work we all did down there
Now I know your post wasn’t aimed that way but knowing why I moved on I hope you feel good about what you posted mate merry Xmas
Dave you talk about peoples responses and then you go with that. I would say the result of what happened at Broadford seems completely obvious, however you seem completely obsessed with posting about how you would love to see Rupo fail and choke. You have a great Christmas too Dave

Dave you talk about peoples responses and then you go with that. I would say the result of what happened at Broadford seems completely obvious, however you seem completely obsessed with posting about how you would love to see Rupo fail and choke. You have a great Christmas too Dave

Hold Up Humphrey and put some pants on. He says Rupo have got it in the bag - and that they're under the pump. Both of these would be what most people are thinking I wouldve thought because 1, - Rupo made a Grand Final last year and almost won and 2 - They recruited strongly he's just voicing an opinion and you go and throw 2-3 year old Broadford Mud at him.

Dave, no disrespect but you have waffled in the past and I find it entertaining and others dont, thats ok, its an opinion forum. But I reckon Humphrey you need to put your personal bias aside and stop bringing old s**t into new threads before all we read about is the same old s**t over and over again.

Personally really looking fwd to 2018 -
Rupo the team to beat barring the injury bug , good luck to the new coach as has some big shoes and expectations to fill.
Followed Closely by Diggers, Riddell and Romsey.
Next group to include a more Consistent Wallan with a full time sideline coach, Macedon, Sunbury and an Improved Woodend.
Melton, Broadford, rockbank and Lancefield round out the crowd.

Hold Up Humphrey and put some pants on. He says Rupo have got it in the bag - and that they're under the pump. Both of these would be what most people are thinking I wouldve thought because 1, - Rupo made a Grand Final last year and almost won and 2 - They recruited strongly he's just voicing an opinion and you go and throw 2-3 year old Broadford Mud at him.

Dave, no disrespect but you have waffled in the past and I find it entertaining and others dont, thats ok, its an opinion forum. But I reckon Humphrey you need to put your personal bias aside and stop bringing old s**t into new threads before all we read about is the same old s**t over and over again.

Personally really looking fwd to 2018 -
Rupo the team to beat barring the injury bug , good luck to the new coach as has some big shoes and expectations to fill.
Followed Closely by Diggers, Riddell and Romsey.
Next group to include a more Consistent Wallan with a full time sideline coach, Macedon, Sunbury and an Improved Woodend.
Melton, Broadford, rockbank and Lancefield round out the crowd.
Thanks for the advice, I myself thought Dave and Barfly were going off a little tongue in cheek? however perhaps I was wrong.

yes, Roll on 2018,

Bit of talk about who are flag favourites of late. Yes my club Rupo definitely in the mix. Got close last year and recruited well so definitely in the mix.

I can't understand why people aren't talking up Macedon though. Only lost 2 players, a new coach to freshen things up and I'm sure he will bring some recruits in. Ontime still around so cash won't be a problem.

I would put riddell as a massive chance too. A great young list that pushed Rupo in the semi final and I believe some quality players returning to the club along with some new recruits.

Diggers ageing a bit but expect them to still be at the pointy end of the season.

Sounds like Wallan will go up another level again. Consistency is the key for them but also some quality kids coming through the ranks.

Also expect Romsey to push top sides again, particularly at home.

Season is well and truly open.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You’d be the first on here to get pissed if your boys were rode off again wouldn’t u bretty???????

I do agree with you tho flags are hard to win and all clubs are striving for the same reward.

Macedon Ridell wallan diggers etc are all odds on to challenge rupo for the big prize and all capable on their day of achieving it.

However people like me remember when rupo sprooked about being guns in a “better league “

Then 8 years on they haven’t fired a shot at senior level in this so called ordinary league.

Best juniors, best reserves, nearly the best seniors yet it hasn’t happened yet?????????????

If u want my advice, you have all the class to win the next ten flags with young talent, now all u need to do is top up with a few tough blokes and no side will beat you.

But what would I know

Don't think I'd ever get pissed for being written off mate. Although I do bite back when your mate Dave makes false statements about our team's endeavour without actually watching the game.

And if winning a flag is the only way to fire a shot then yes we are yet to fire a shot in this comp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back