RDFNL 2022 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

They should never have left the Heathcote league

Why did they leave mate? I've just read about the 2004 season which I had no idea about.

From a travel perspective, the RDFNL seems like the perfect fit.

Why did they leave mate? I've just read about the 2004 season which I had no idea about.

From a travel perspective, the RDFNL seems like the perfect fit.
Broardford have come & gone a few times which hasn't helped their cause. They need stability. The RDFL is a good fit for them. They need strong Governance to make the correct decisions once & for all. There has been some good people there in the past, don't know if they are still there.. Wallan left for the Northern League and the Best thing they did was return in 2008, some other clubs should follow suit. The RDFL will get stronger.

Broardford have come & gone a few times which hasn't helped their cause. They need stability. The RDFL is a good fit for them. They need strong Governance to make the correct decisions once & for all. There has been some good people there in the past, don't know if they are still there.. Wallan left for the Northern League and the Best thing they did was return in 2008, some other clubs should follow suit. The RDFL will get stronger.
It makes little sense that Broadford, Kilmore and Wallan are in 3 different comps

Laid up with covid atm 1st day of isolation.Catching up with news on other leagues and this one via bigfooty.Whilst I will recover in a week I think community sport and especially local footy will never regain the ground its lost these past couple of years.
East Sunbury going into recess is a concern but not at all surprising.
The immediate future of Broadford is more concerning as they have a rich history,tradition and generations of families over the years.
Covid has opened the eyes of all people and many realise what else can be done rather than committing to training 2 nights and playing weekends for 20 odd weeks a year.
Just because many towns are growing in population does not mean a bigger pool of sporting people to get involved with the local clubs.
Footy was already in decline pre covid and this has just escalated its downfall.
Housing prices have also played a part as many now have to work odd hours and weekends to pay the bills.People dont wanna play football and risk injury in turn missing out on work and money.
The Afl dont help enough to my knowledge and are more committed to throwing money at womens football than where its needed in the real nurseries.
Some may say this a negative post with no solutions and thats ok but Ive got none.Sadly its going to continue to deteriorate with many clubs folding in the next 10 years.
Lets hope we Atleast get to see a full season this year and see how it looks.Im fearing the worst.
Good luck to all especially the volunteers.

It's a long way from Broadford to Warburton. Was the Outer East the right choice?
I believe Broadford where promised by the outer east that they would be playing in a standalone comp, consisting of kinglake yea Alexandra Thornton eildon and some other teams the outer east where trying to lure in from around that central goulburn area.

Laid up with covid atm 1st day of isolation.Catching up with news on other leagues and this one via bigfooty.Whilst I will recover in a week I think community sport and especially local footy will never regain the ground its lost these past couple of years.
The immediate future of Broadford is more concerning as they have a rich history,tradition and generations of families over the years.
Covid has opened the eyes of all people and many realise what else can be done rather than committing to training 2 nights and playing weekends for 20 odd weeks a year.
Just because many towns are growing in population does not mean a bigger pool of sporting people to get involved with the local clubs.
Footy was already in decline pre covid and this has just escalated its downfall.
Housing prices have also played a part as many now have to work odd hours and weekends to pay the bills.People dont wanna play football and risk injury in turn missing out on work and money.
The Afl dont help enough to my knowledge and are more committed to throwing money at womens football than where its needed in the real nurseries.
Some may say this a negative post with no solutions and thats ok but Ive got none.Sadly its going to continue to deteriorate with many clubs folding in the next 10 years.
Lets hope we Atleast get to see a full season this year and see how it looks.Im fearing the worst.
No I don't believe your post is negative at all, you are spot on with most of your comments. We don't know what the future holds in this new COVID world in which we live BUT I was feeling depressed with all the COVID s**t, so thought I would get back into footy which has helped balance my world again, I believe we need an outlet like footy especially grass roots as the AFL has become so political and so concerned they will be in court with cases of concussion, the game has become unwatchable for old fellas like me. Iv seen the best days 70's 80's & 90's and still watch the old games on Foxtel, I struggle to watch today's footy AFL, so watching grass roots is more appealing to me.

I hope you have a speedie recovery! Was sick as a dog myself over New Years!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty good assessment there Barfly.
Unfortunately with two years of lockdowns and being socially isolated, I can understand why 18-30 year olds may lose the appetite for footy and wish to pursue other interests like traveling, working for OT rates or just living life without commitments that go with local footy.

Not sure what the solution is but I guess clubs can do their best to make their training nights as enjoyable as it can be and really embrace the social aspect of footy to help entice people back into playing.

If a club like East Sunbury is falling that's a grave concern for grassroots footy. They wern't struggling on the field, have solid juniors with a good population to draw from.
Sadly this could be the start of the domino effect for local footy clubs statewide.

It would be a step backwards coming back, One of the favourites this year for a flag and promotion into divvy 2, could not see them top 3 in rdfnl time will tell I guess
Problem with promotion is then if your lucky to win a flag, most teams finish bottom at next level. Playing in RDFL you can put 3 year plan in place. Imagine you win Premiership in EDFL & your playing in Premier League, you need $250k to be competitive.

Problem with promotion is then if your lucky to win a flag, most teams finish bottom at next level. Playing in RDFL you can put 3 year plan in place. Imagine you win Premiership in EDFL & your playing in Premier League, you need $250k to be competitive.
Hear what your saying cougarman but there not many teams with a 3 year plan in place atm

𝐖𝐎𝐎𝐃𝐄𝐍𝐃/𝐇𝐄𝐒𝐊𝐄𝐓 𝐅𝐍𝐂 | 𝐒𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐬 𝐓𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐖𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐝
Woodend Hesket Football Netball Club is looking for First Aid Trainers to assist the Senior club in season 2022 of the Riddell District Football Netball League.

This presents an exciting opportunity for someone/s who is eager to learn more about first aid and injury management, while being actively involved in the Senior club working with netballers and footballers at home and away games; and finals.

There is full training provided by the club and a chance to receive a level 1 sports trainers qualification. All training costs will be covered by the club.
The role is a 𝐩𝐚𝐢𝐝 position.

Requirements include but not limited to; home and away matches; and Tuesday and Thursday nights (optional).

Register Your Interest
James Chettle
M - 0402013288
E - president@woodendhesketfnc.org
Sports Trainer Wanted.png

If the RDFL (AFL Goldfields) had of managed things better 8-10 years ago, Kilmore, Broadford etc may well have stayed. The league was 13 teams strong in those days and if they could have arranged a two division comp like the RDFL used to be, those teams may not have left. With the northern suburbs growing and new clubs like Laurimar and Donnybrook emerging, Kilmore are satisfied that they made the correct decision. The AFL Goldfields era was very west centric and not suitable to the northern based clubs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back